Guild Tasks Duplicate Rewards Bug (June 3rd, 2017)

Think about someone that might have taken the full effect and farmed those rewards out then donated to their guild. All accounts are effected by this.

I suspect they may not have the manpower to fix it on a player by player basis. I logged on thought we must have finished two tasks we were working on, used the glory keys and then realised the issue after thanking guild mates in chat.
Do I not play as I should be rolled back?

It is true that it affects everybody

1 Like

I think everybody can play as normal. Just donā€™t claim mail.

But I can only see a rollback keeping game integrity. It would be arbitrary to try player bans - where is the cut off point for abuse?
We do really need devs to say something to the community and pronto!!!

News?

10 chars filler

The only thing to really fix it, is by going through the logs and figure out what was gained, and take that back.
But that would take a huge amount of manpower to do Iā€™m sure, even if you can use scripts to narrow it down.

You canā€™t roll everyone back, because that will piss of everyone.

You canā€™t not roll back, because that will piss of everyone that didnā€™t do it.

And you canā€™t really roll back people who did it, unless you do it now. Because otherwise they lose all legit play to.

Itā€™s quite the conundrum :frowning:

1 Like

Yeah, I donā€™t think a ban would work, because I believe there are some that didnā€™t realize how bad an idea it is to abuse this. And like you said how will they decide the cutoff? Someone that has 1 extra reward, or 10, or 100? I hate to say, but maybe just a rollback will work. Maybe for GW, just remove the whole day, and go with 5 days for the week

My comment about the ban was not in regards to people that mistakenly did it a handful of times. I said myself I collected 3 or 4 times.

Iā€™m taking about the people that are going in and out of their mail to generate fake rewards and then buy stuff with illicit gains.

Those people know exactly what they are doing and they know it is wrong. That seems Ban-worthy in my book.

5 Likes

I for one fall in this category. And I actually thought I was seeing things. So there are many of us who didnā€™t really get there was an issue until either reading here or the guild after the first two. For those that did 10 or more - those folks I would guess THEY KNEW (especially the 100s)

Fixed the title @Eika

Better?

2 Likes

Yeah, its pretty much as emergency as emergency can be. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

to me everyhing works just fine. already completed another leg, but the reward does not respawn @___@

We fixed this bug a couple of hours back now. We are looking into the accounts affected and determining what to do with them. We will let you know the course of action we take.

16 Likes

@efh313 and @Eika as soon as i added rotation lights to the title dev showed up. So that works.

4 Likes

Andrew would be nice to have a statement of intent as soon as possible so people realise what you are going to do to fix this.

1 Like

It is basically non of our buisness what they are doing to fix it, just sayingā€¦

Especially for those of us that didnā€™t know at first there was even a problem.

This made me lol for real!! :joy:

2 Likes

Can i get a rollback to what i had before trying to get the Queen Unipony yesterday? I used everything, except my gold keys and glory, and got nothingā€¦ :sweat_smile:

No? :frowning:
Okā€¦ :sweat:

On a serious note: Hopefully everything will get sorted out.

5 Likes