Guild task ate my gold

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I expected that when I contributed gold to a guild task, it would add to the pool as normal.

Instead, I got an error box with a blank message (and possibly a blank button, but I don’t remember for sure).

I pushed the button, returned to the map screen, and contributed 5,000 gold again. I then noticed that I was down 10,000 gold, even though the task was only showing 5,000 contributed.

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Heck if I know. First time this has ever happened to me. The especially weird part was the blank error message; this should at least make the condition easy to track, since ideally there aren’t many error messages in the code that are totally blank.

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem?
Nope. Didn’t bother screen-capping the blank error message, and the missing gold doesn’t really bother me that much. It was just an unusual error, so I figured I would bring it up. On a Friday evening.

Please contact our support team (if you haven’t already) here: https://gemsofwar.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I’m not worried about the gold, like I said. It was just an unusual error, so I wanted to make sure someone knew about it. Is submitting a support ticket the only way to get a bug report started?

Support report is how to recover gold.

This is a known issue we are investigating.

2 Likes

Please finally find and fix that bug.
I’ve came across it 3rd time!!!
ITS REALLY ANNOYING!

(ticket to support send)
Wrote in this topic, no reason to open my own.