Gems of Speed :P

To make the game play faster? Many people get frustrated by the slow pacing of the match and would trade some of the visual feedback for faster matches.

1 Like

Again, yet they fixed the single troop defense because players gains resources too fast that flood the game economy.

1 Like

We’re not talking one-turn-and-done here, though. You still need to play a match and make meaningful choices. While I think there is a gray line here, in this case I don’t see this as anything near equivalent.

2 Likes

@Rickygervais I think I recall the developers mention this might be added AFTER every is running the Unity version (Mobile too). Something to do with difficulty’s in doing this with Adobe Air.

1 Like

Yes it’s different. But even a normal match, at current speed an end-game match averaging 90 sec. Give or take. And with that speed sometime people questioning “How the f he got so many battles? Is he bot?” etc etc. With this speed multipliers, that average of match could go even faster. More matches, more resources.

1 Like

Having only seen this through videos so far, the x1 speed actually looks slower than what we have currently. In addition to that, spell effects and board mod that had their animations happen simultaneously previously are now broken up to consecutively with a slight amount of delay in them. Some of them feel slower to watch even on x2, and might even be slower - like The Dragon Soul individually popping 11 gems with a slight delay between each one, then displaying AoE damage when the Adobe Air version currently has all these animations are rolled together. x2 is about a minimum I would play at based on what I’ve seen.

To everyone worried about that this will introduce too many resources into the economy, remember that their diminishing returns model already has a death hold on this. Both on how many resources are handed out through guild tasks and how many are needed to actually get anything done with chests. Double gold doesn’t mean double gems/gem keys, and double gem keys/gems certainly doesn’t mean twice as many relevant drops.

This was one of the official reasons given yes. The main issue was the completely thoughtless nature of the single troop defenses. Specifically, single Elspeth defenses, which, reading between the lines is the core issue here - this is what saw a big surge in the weeks before the patch (single troops in general were already really common). The combination of both “free” loot in this manner with this troop specifically is a problem long term. Its a huge problem that it gives you resources by avoiding interacting with the game’s systems - the same reasons that pre-nerf Dust Devils was a problem. Its the reason these are a problem and things like Bombot aren’t. You can bombot or similar stuff to get quick wins, but you have to earn the right to do so, it will backfire sometimes, and you are interacting with the game’s systems.

Jist had a single troop def today

I hope it makes it into the game but i wish there was a 10x option

1 Like

They already knew they were going to include the 4x speed when they squashed the single defend troop team. This was the real reason for the change, but they couldn’t say that at the time. Imagine 4x speed with single Elspeth defend teams. A match would last 10 seconds most and you only had to make sure Elspeth could commit suicide.

@Eika
That team was against me in GW this morning and the ai played it perfectly and wiped out my whole team with his remaining crimson bat on his first turn. I was impressed. If a little cross.

1 Like