Gems of Speed :P

Assuming we get the full range of options, you can set the speed from as low as 0.25 of normal up to 4x normal, or just leave it at the default 1x.

4x looks cartoonishly fast, but 1.5x or 2x looks like a reasonable speed that benefits you from being able to go faster but doesn’t leave you wondering “what just happened?” every time the AI makes a move.

Botting is using an automated program to play the game for you. Glitching in video games is when you exploit a bug in the game to achieve something you shouldn’t be able to do (like walk through walls). In GOW, it might look like the single Elspeth defence thing, or some of the other bugs that have been fixed for the sake of the economy.

1 Like

Thanks stan. No wonder I have didn’t know what those things are. I’ve never done either. So some people ‘bot’ their account? Is that even a thing on ps4? I can imagine there’s people account sharing because the amount of time required to get top 100 never mind 50, is seriously unhealthy now .

I’m no expert on it, but my understanding is that it is a lot harder to bot on a console than on a PC. I have seen YouTube videos of people botting on Guitar Hero to achieve some ridiculous scores. In that case, I think they were using some kind of camera that would “watch” the notes scrolling down and then activate the correct button presses as the notes passed by. It would be a little more difficult to program for GOW since it isn’t just a sort of “knee jerk” reaction that leads to good play, but there is a whole industry around these video game “trainer” applications that can monitor the game, learn to play in a limited fashion and then take control.

1 Like

Optional, yes, but to me starts to feel like an exploit… that speed felt like the game screen was irrelevant, just make a few mouse moves and collect some rewards. I realise people want to maximise resources per time spent, but that speed may as well have no opponent or activity on a board. Just a staccato series of unrelated static moves, that’s not GoW any more. May as well set a bot going.

4 Likes

I understand now why you’re not a fan. Thanks for explaining.
I myself just want to whizz through explore and not sit waiting for the animations to finish, so i’ll hopefully play on one of the faster settings I’m comfortable with.

explore and PvP is very fast on x2 speed also. Lets see. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone make slow version of the video? I blinked. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Lol, I tried to see how tacet got 101 true damage. I tried to copy it and got 71! Too fast to see!

1 Like

That team is great, but also it backfire a lot.

2 Likes

They should left 4x speed for the treasure map mini game and up to 2x for the game it self.
Maybe 4x for explore but not for PVP because that would make PVP a farm fest.

Imo the game itsefl was fast enough, if they could only skip the animation a the start of the game and let the speed where it was. It would be better, i like to see what happen on the screen. If you play x2 or x4, how are you going to spot a bug?

I know x2 and x4 are optional but they should add the option to just skip starting animation also but currently if i want to do it im forced to put x2 or x4

The animation at the start of the game is masking the client/server communication. They can’t speed that up with graphical changes.

It’s also why I am extremely leery of the dev team taking on real-time PvP. It means we’d have that nasty lag on every move both players make.

5 Likes

Unless they make a co-op mode. Then the lag would be masked by the AI’s turn.

The main issue with this is it will just have everyone go to explore instead.

4x Explore is more gold per hour than PvP at 1x, and is also way more consistent than PvP.

Not quite. In a multiplayer game, the “truth” of the AI’s move still needs to be broadcast to at least one client, if not both*. That means the AI’s turn would also lag.

* It’s possible to avoid this by sharing the random seed ahead of time, but that can lead to desync’d games if the two clients are in any way different from one another.

1 Like

Ain’t they “fix” the single troop defense because of players gains resources too fast? :stuck_out_tongue: [quote=“Sirrian, post:112, topic:24808”]
Fast single-troop games flood the game economy with a lot more gold, which is converted to in-game goods.
[/quote]

1 Like

Sounds like that could be fixed with one player set as a host. The random seed is given to the host, and then made static across the other player(s) so they all receive the same outcome.

i wonder also why they didin’t add notification saying how many damage your troop gonna deal with his magic.

It Would be usefull with gard avatar and every troop who depend on armor or health to deal damages

2 Likes

1x Elspeth at 1x speed is actually still more gold than PvP at 4x; though, it would require 100% of battles being 1 Elspeth.

So what’s the point of adding this speed multipliers?