First troop dealing spell damage as skull damage?

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened?
I had seen this MANY times : I use a spell supposed to deal damages, and, instead of seing a spell’s light effect hitting the ennemies, I would see my first troop attacking all ennemies as if I had matched skulls.
So far, I had thought it was only a graphic bug and didn’t pay much attention to it. But today, I noticed that my first troop, with its venomous trait, poisoned all ennemies, so it’s not only a graphical problem !

What are the steps to make it happen again?
Just play with spells dealing damage. Maybe the fact that the computer I’m playing on is a bit slow also has a part in this bug… I don’t know, I’ve noticed a lot of bugs when my PC slows down for whatever reasons (antivirus scan, playing another game at the same time etc…)

Do you have any screenshots or video you want to share with us so we can see the problem? Attach them to your post!
I don’t have a screen shot of the troop as it’s hitting 2nd, 3rd and/or 4th troop (yet), but I can proove it happened with this screen :

As you can see, all the opposing troops are poisonned, this shouldn’t be possible with my current team unless Giant Spider attacked everyone when I used Infernal King’s spell.

2 Likes

IK works in mysterious ways …

2 Likes

Had the same thing happen with Crescendo causing my front troop Giant Spider to poison all the opponents as well.

Would be an amusing glitch with Psion in first spot with his mana steal on skull damage

1 Like

Sapphira’s Chill Touch could be OP too !
And what about Silent One’s 3rd trait?

Or Archer’s chance at outright kill, or Maw’s chance at devour…

1 Like

I thought this was a graphical glitch and payed it no mind but i could abuse it?! I think i should base a team around this.

Yep. While we’re at it something interesting that happened to me recently:
Sometimes when you fire IK’s spell (and Dust Devils too, maybe something else?) the opposing troop doesn’t die as it should, but remains in play with zero health - it’s been reported already. Recently it happened to a fully traited Skeleton in opposing team - nothing really fancy. Well, what happened next was fancy - I finished my turn, said Skeleton’s Reinforced trait triggered and… the Skelly died :open_mouth:
I don’t think it’s anything important really as devs should remove the bug that lets troops become undead - or more undead than usual in the Skeleton’s case :wink: - but it was entertaining to watch it commit suicide :smiley:

1 Like

That one I can explain! There is a known bug where a moving troop doesn’t update displayed health changes, so it doesn’t “die” since the update isn’t made. On the next move Reinforced fired which raised armor by 1, forcing the computer to update and then realizing “hey, this troop has 0 health!” so it dies.

2 Likes

Crossing fingers 2.0 fixes these sorts of issues.

1 Like

In b4 the more bug fixes than minecraft 1.7-1.9