Event chests, glory packs

Ask and ye shall receive

1 Like

Thanks for listening :grin:

RNG is sometimes amazingly streaky. I’ve gone with far over 100 gem keys without getting a Legendary. Then I got four of them in a batch of 50. The second streak made me far more happy than the first one.

There’s a pretty popular CCG that has a mechanism to lessen the impact bad luck a bit, a Pity Timer. If you don’t get any Legendaries, your 40th pack is guaranteed to contain one. Same applies to Epics, just every 10th pack. Maybe something similar would be a welcome addition to Gems of War for gem/event keys? Tweak the numbers a bit, a timeout of 50 feels more appropriate, ensures that you get at least one Legendary when using the 50 keys option. Introducing separate Pity Timers for each type of key is probably also a good idea, seeing that they don’t cost the same.

7 Likes

This is probably the sanest idea I’ve seen about “fixing” the drop rates

+1000 Likes!

1 Like

The pity timer idea is brilliant! It would be great if GoW added that.

We are actually looking to add a pity timer to chests in the future. NO ETA at this stage but we are totally on board with it.

24 Likes

6 Likes

If you are on board with the idea just do it.

1 Like

The only inherent problem with the “get to it right now” point of view is that it would need to have code written for it and the code would have to be free of bugs so that people won’t complain, trying to force it out prematurely complicates things and would take away from time spent Debugging 2.0, they have said it is a plan so just be patent and good things will come

3 Likes

Heh… Wait, what?

2 Likes

Wonder if every player got these keys?
Or
Only those who complain get these keys as a compensation?

2 Likes

is Vexonia in the event chest this week?
beacause their is no picture of her in the possible rewards on the left side,
i opend 150 chest already but like already mentioned RNG is RNG;)

One of the only, if not the only, female creatures with humanoid features to not have gigantic, oddly spherical breasts.

I complained recently so i thought i ought to cheer this time around.

1 Like

If it makes you feel any better, i still don’t have a venoxia.

I didn’t write the post hoping for free loot. The pity timer sounds like a winner though. Think i’ll hold off on opening more chests until it’s implemented.

hmm, something the forum needs more of

Just because you can’t see them doesn’t mean she doesn’t have them, naga anatomy and all :wink:

I don’t know why you assumed that I’ll be angry at your getting those keys. But I understand why you’re angry.

It wasn’t against you. It’s quite common to complain here when you got none legendaries opening lots of chests, let alone months of work to get the gems.

It’s quite fair if whoever complains here gets the keys.

Ps: I’m not like you, I hope everyone gets the cards they want.

GoW doesn’t abuse this nearly as much as 99% of other media.

My wife is “top-heavy” and one night decided to look through the Troop for Hallowe’en costume ideas. The closest match to her size (in her opinion) was Atlanta.

Atlanta, in my opinion, isn’t grossly over-endowed or even underdressed.

2 Likes

[quote=“Nimhain, post:18, topic:6908, full:true”]
We are actually looking to add a pity timer to chests in the future. NO ETA at this stage but we are totally on board with it.
[/quote]can you do this for trait stone drops as well?