Devs, this may be a “tattle tell” post but

That’s right I did nothing wrong other than contributing to LT lastnight and finished it off for our 26 LT. I was surprised to see him there myself. Yet I did nothing wrong and should get to keep him

3 Likes

But they prattle about it on the forums and spoiled the fun for everyone else so I wouldn’t say they didn’t do anything wrong :smiley:

Wait, being excited about something and telling others about it is “doing something wrong?”

6 Likes

I agree with @Lyya here… I believe you are joking @Sayrel which is cool but if you arent i would say this…

I have posted a SS of every mythic i have gotten since joining the forums so i think it is pretty normal to do so and there isnt anything wromg with it

6 Likes

First, I don’t believe that showing the card is a problem, nor did I ever insinuate a player did anything wrong.

However, how is taking a card back that you never should have got a punishment? That’s asinine logic. Take the card and then give them a random mythic like they would have received had the bug not been in place.

If you find a lost wallet full of cash (no fault or ill will of your own) is it then punishment for the owner to take it back? That’s exactly the argument you are making here.

4 Likes

Apples and oranges. You didn’t buy the wallet and it doesn’t belong to you.
Better Analogy.
You buy a TV from Walmart. Walmart figures out that they sold you the wrong one. Are they going to come up your house and take said TV? Plus 29 other houses.
No. They’re gonna fix their mistake on their end and prevent the mistake from happening again.

3 Likes

You’re right. No one should report bugs so long as it works in the players benefit. Unless of course… You’re an ethical person and all.

1 Like

Still apples and oranges. First, you didn’t technically buy anything. You don’t actually own any property from the transaction. Second, if they had the option to take them back they would. Look at the Super Nintendo minis that went up wrongly for pre order a while back. I think it was wal mart as a matter of fact, they realized the error and cancelled every single preorder. That’s an exact analogy if you want one, and that’s exactly what should happen here.

1 Like

Your analogy is also off. A better one:

You buy a book for your kindle e-reader from Amazon.
Amazon finds out you did not actually get the book you bought but instead got a brand new best seller that should not have been released yet.
Amazon deletes the book from your kindle and sends you the correct book.

This is pretty close to exact. You do not “own” any of the cards you have that is why they can nerf them to oblivion.

They should remove this card from all those that got it from a LT as well as from Path to Glory.

3 Likes

Clark, we posted about the same time and said basically the same thing :slight_smile:

You’re comparing physical goods (money or objects with monetary value) with digital entitlements. It costs IP2 nothing to allow the players to keep their troop, aside from the retentive value that troop might have had for those players who would have ground out the crafting items. It’s an integer in a database table. Moreover, it cannot be resold and has no inherent value in an ecosystem. So this is apples to oranges.

The real value at stake here is good will. Taking anything away from a player in a collection game (if they weren’t cheating) is a cardinal sin. Leaving the troop for those lucky players to enjoy seems like an easy policy call to me.

Edit: sniped by the entire forum, it seems.

5 Likes

Rofl, good one but my analogy is even better…:wink:

1 Like

Lyya, read my next post

Touché sir

The question is. If your guild got Xathenos. Would you still think the devs should take it back?
I’m not going to argue analogies. The point is… Once given something, it shouldn’t be taken back.

I would argue the inherent value is someone getting a competitive edge in a game that is competitive is certainly value. I realize this card is not that strong, but the strength shouldn’t matter over principle.

For the record, if I got this card that way I would still be saying the same thing.

Absolutely…zero doubt in my mind.

Thenthey should just give everyone xanathos. Problem solved.

1 Like

Exactly this! :100: @Lyya

3 Likes

That’s fair to those that crafted like me? How about everyone gets it but you?

2 Likes