Devs, this may be a “tattle tell” post but

Agreed. Xathenos is just a vanity troop. There are other Mythics that are much more useful if you are missing them.

2 Likes

I have to say, i agree with @Pantenkind in general. It certainly seemed implied that Xathenos… cough Vecna! cough is an exclusive to the Soul Forge.

So, obtaining him from Legendary Tasks looks like a mistake. But we need to know where is the mistake:

• Did we understood wrongly about it being exclusive?
  • Or the devs did a mistake and because of a bug people obtained the troop?

In the first case, there is not much to be done, just some clarification for us.

On the second case it would need a fix (and maybe a few reparations¹…) as some players like Jainus and RiverSong already crafted the troop and they could be at a certain loss assuming that they could just keep the resources to craft any missing Mythic in the future and just wait/hope for it to drop on Legendary Tasks from their respective guilds that are very active. Anyway, we need just some communication to settle things.

¹ Reparations such as:

• An apology to the players for the mistake, maybe a small gift to everyone and a fix to prevent Xathenos from droping on LTs.
  • In an extreme case removing Xathenos and exchanging it for another Mythic could be done… But honestly i don’t think there is necessity for it. The troop is just ok, and people losing what they got, even if it was unintended, would cause much more harm than good.

As always it would be nice to have a Dev either confirm or deny the intent with Xathenos but we all know that is not likely to happen.

2 Likes

Pretty sure @Saltypatra or @Ozball will answer soon

1 Like

Indeed! Salty is here!

The fact that Xathenos could be pulled from Legendary Tasks was a bug. We have pushed out a fix for this issue already, and it was always our intention that he was exclusively available through crafting.

This thread, however, is getting a little heated. There is never any reason to insult each other, so please take any disputes to PM.

11 Likes

Can we know if Xathenos will be available via the standard recipe in the Soulforge? Or it was also a bug?

IIRC, one Dev replied that Xathenos being available as a regular mythic recipe was a bug that was active when the patch was launched. It was quickly fixed as Xathenos is meant to be crafting only and through its special recipe not subjectable to rotation.

2 Likes

Does this mean Xathenos isn’t supposed to be in Path to Glory 2 packs either?

1 Like

Yes. Crafting only. As mentioned a few times up there and by saltypatra too. ^^^

1 Like

Lol… Yes I saw that. Which is why I replied to her comment. She said there was a bug for Legendary Tasks, but didn’t say Path To Glory Packs were also bugged. I also read her say the “intent was to be exclusive”. Clarification never hurt anyone.

1 Like

There’s not a lot of that at the moment

4 Likes

Well sometimes bugs work in people’s favors I guess.

5 Likes

Wait, that bullshit still ain’t fixed yet??
Ffs fix your bloody game

3 Likes

somewhere in Melbourne2

21 Likes

You must mean spent!

Aye, 2 years ago they said Friends feature is going to be introduced Soon™. How the time flies :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

who needs friends when you have gems! oh wait we dont have that anymore :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The team has looked into the issue again and it should be fixed. (…again.)

Xathenos is meant to be obtained only through crafting, not dropped from chests, LT’s or Path to Glory.

3 Likes

But of course those who got him…again…get to keep him? Great work devs. Seriously, pat yourselves on the back because you are a crack team of programmers.

Of course they do. They didnt exploit a bug or cheat in any way so why should they be punished?

12 Likes