Dear devs, please fix your cheating AI on console

So you make a video and no dev even watches it. Lol, why am I not surprised.

@Nimhain, @Sirrian, @GoldPhoenix0

Dear devs, please fix your cheating AI on console - #71 by HADuke

Have a look at the video, guys

I am at level 441…and the ai gets WORSE the higher level you are

1 Like

Did you watch it yourself? I only got through a little over dozen minutes or so wasn’t going to post anything as the original creator obviously took alot of time to make, stream, and post this video. And its fantastic that his enthusiasm of the game got him to stream Gems.

1. I noticed ABSOLUTELY ZERO cheating from the AI in the first game.
  2. I noticed the player missed at least one match 4 very early, potentially limiting his game.
  3. The player received about as many 4 matches as the AI.
  4. The player made a 100% completely inaccurate statement about probabilities. (devour)
  5. The player did a great job with his “online audio presence”, I didn’t agree with his supposition (cheating AI) but it was nice to listen to.
1 Like

while I DON’T agree with him saying they’re cheating us to spend more money, the devs are honest with us in this aspect,BUT…he was totally correct about all the “luck”…which is bullshit…and missing that 4 match…NO one is expected to play the game perfectly…we all do it…and no one plays perfect…It’s still garbage that that amount of crap happens

1 Like

I’m on vacation at the moment with very limited access to internet, but I promise I will watch the video when I return next week. I’ll admit to a certain scepticism, having reviewed dozens of such videos in the last 7 years, but I promise I will keep an open mind.

So… Many thanks @HADuke for providing the video.

@death… aww why you gotta be like that, man! Of course we’ll watch it… but cut @GoldPhoenix0 & @alpheon some slack, they’ve spent hours (much of it in their own time, I suspect) working on these results for you in the last week! I think they’ve been doing a great job… but they’ve got TONS of other work to get on with too!

9 Likes

The ai gets smarter the higher level you are up to a point, and by smarter it intentionally misses fewer 4 or 5 matches.

Me: Cortona, MY TURN MY TURN MY TURN!!!
Cortona: Making it your turn
Combo broken!

1 Like

Fyi, mana surge % maxes out at 63%. That requires mana mastery level of 390

Statues at level 20 is kinda low, the top guild has statues at level 195.

Is there any plans in the future to increase the level statues cap out at? I’m not a fan of the number 200 :smirk:

1 Like

One of my guild members flat out won’t do pvp anymore due to the absurd AI luck. Whatever the problem is, it’s certainly not recall bias. It’s something to do with pvp on console explicitly, because in no other modes does this seem to happen.

1 Like

To add to what Wish linked to, I captured some videos myself a few days ago to help showcase what we view as the major problem in the game on console in regards to PVP.

Now, this is right from the start of a fresh match. As you can see, I had a fairly good start to the match, I thought everything was going pretty well! And then the “luck” of the AI comes in - the board was fairly cleared and new drops came in from me using Dragon Soul. At this point, I would advise keeping in mind that the AI has NO 4 or 5 matches at all, and I have two hero powers charged.

3 skull match, 5 yellow mana match from skydrop. AI uses hero power. Purple gems removed. Two 3 matches occur due to this, skydrop 5 mana match. 3 skull match, I lose a minion that WAS at full health/armor. I use a hero power, the AI benefits VASTLY from it instead of me. 7 (SEVEN) red gem match, hero power used.

I’m effectively down a troop and have done very little damage to the AI and lost a troop that had 49 health in total, like that. I will point out I did win that match, BARELY, but it is meant to showcase the ridiculous nature of the skydrops the AI gets every round (and no, this is not an exaggeration, this stuff happens EVERY round).

But, that’s not that bad, right? Maybe forgiveable if it wasn’t followed by this minutes later -

Second fresh match. I think this was roughly 5 minutes after I finished the match from the first video. I have a pretty good start up, once again, and I do get, right off the bat, a 4 match purple and a six match blue. Very good start, happens maybe once every few days, not a common occurrence for sure.

Once again, I get dragon soul power up pretty quickly (this is basically my strategy now, as it seems most effective against the AI crap these days) and sets the AI up with a 4 red gem match from the drops. Didn’t really think it was that big a deal, fair and all, for certain!

At least until the sky drop 5 green match, 6 gem yellow match, 3 gem yellow, 5 (FIVE) skull skydrop. Capped off with a 5 gem blue match to boot!! IN A ROW, ALL AT ONCE. That’s not luck, that’s not recall bias, that is BULL CRAP. And it happens CONSTANTLY.

And oh, what’s this? The AI is set up for two more 4 gem matches!! They take them, and a third 4 gem blue match gets set up from that too!!

So is that recall bias? I don’t think so. And that’s not a one off occurrence either, this is what we keep experiencing day in, day out on console. It’s absurd.

1 Like

This is why I hope they never do this on pc. When you open the gems up to being messed with, it makes people automatically aware that something could be going on. Whether it is or not doesn’t matter, only that the possibility exists. People think the AI cheat too much as is without even adding in something like this.

It also gives the appearance of chaos. Before we could consider the AI to be controlled, and trust that the Devs had it handled. This just gives way to bad ways of thinking.

The sky drops definitely still happen on pc, but like I said my troops are strong enough to mostly survive 1 or 2-off luck streaks from the AI. Like HADuke said in his video, everyone please keep posting videos so we can all see what you’re seeing.

I might play some matches on my console account just to see if something out of the ordinary happens.

1 Like

The AI doesnt cheat.
Luck smiles on player and ai equally.
Sometimes both player and ai get too lucky

Goblin decks can get insanely lucky, getting 10 or more turns in a row between 4 matches and extra turn abilities and gem spawn. But I get just as lucky when I play them.

Console ai is different, it’s smarter not luckier.

2 Likes

No one is more powerful than me on console. Unless they spent an insane amount of glory getting black hawk to 5*. Then they have +1 armor. Mana surge maxed at 63%, all troops i use fully traited level 20 mythics.
And I still lose sometimes to bad luck.

You clearly didn’t watch the videos then.

Nice try, but Blackhawk gives you attack. You must’ve missed that. Oops. I’ve got Blackhawk at 5 stars, too. What’s your point? Sorry to say, but nobody gives a hoot.

You need to work on your defence team as well since my team averaged a 3 win and 1 loss ratio last week and the week before. Once again, what’s your point? Nobody cares.

The only thing you’re good at is kissing the developers where the sun doesn’t shine, ha ha. I feel sorry for you and for the people here who witness your every chance at doing so, but whatever keeps you happy at the end of the day :smirk:

As you were. See you later.

8 Likes

9 Likes

The bragging was to establish that even end game players who have every advantage over an ai pvp team, still loses.

I listen, and over time the devs have given out a great detail of the inner workings of the game. I did send a pm to one asking what he can share about the ai implementation. Hopefully he can share and I’ll spend all the time needed answering questions.

Losing is not the issue.

I know the issue, I see it too. We disagree on the reason. I also think something has changed. But it could be power creep from gem transformers on well thought out Def teams and new ai. I may be imagining it, but I think I’m earning more maps from cascades too.