Dear devs, please fix your cheating AI on console

Bonjour cher développeur. Je n’ai même plus envie de traduire tellement votre IA est sur cheater !!!

Nivo 1060 je perd contre des 150. 6éme defaite en 6 jeu de jcj. Je peut tuer 9 uniter faire 200xp mais perdre la game. Je n’aime pas passer mon temp a regarder l’IA jouer.
J’ai mis de l’argent pour vous aider a faire progresser le jeu et vous l’avez detruit avec une IA totallement pitoyable.

On ne prend plus aucun plaisir, j’ai aussi le jeu sur mobile et sur mobile c’est beaucoup plus plaisant.

Sur ps4 vous avez kerberos qui mange a 100% vos unité et invoque 2 warg aulieu du 1.
Entre le korvash, kerberos et kraken vous avez totallement tuer le jeu sur PS4.

Si vous pouviez remettre le VRAI jeu comme sur mobile et non avec une IA totalement pitoyable comme elle est actuellement cela vraudrait mieux pour l’avenir de votre jeu.

I agree so much with the percentages being an absolute lie . Kerberos has a near 100% devour rate when I go against it. Not to mention Dragon Soul who I routinely have to defeat 4 times before it finally permanently dies because apparently that 25% resurrection chance is closer to 100%.

Just had the worse game ever. Every single time I would make a move my opponent got a 4 or worse. I mean super lucky. I was making sure a 4 didn’t happen and then one dropped down. It was beyond fixed it was straight intentional. I was giving the comp the benefit of the doubt but it was obvious. please fix this so we can once again play a fair game against the cpu.

Seriously this GARBAGE AI has to go…that’s all the computer is capable of is tremendous amounts of spam. 4 match after 4 match, cascade after cascade…and on a personal note I don’t care about win/loss records all to much, I just play to play…so when that bullsht starts, I’m like NOPE and hit retreat…I can hand;e an ass whipping…but NOT when the AI kills one or 2 troops on the enemies FIRST turn…Screw this pile of sht AI, it’s beyond frustrating

I would really like to add to this. I believe we have all seen an increase, but are divided based on player progress in the game. It might not seem too much of a hurdle for players who have advanced troops and have done well traiting them, compared to the players just trying to overcome that last hurdle where they still have kingdoms to max out and perhaps not the best guild with bonuses and such. It is definitely happening though. And when the decision on how to farm traitstones is what it is, you really, as a player, want to find a way to speed through easier matches. Just my opinion as I have felt the AI wrath as well, but also see it as being part of the game.

@Rickygervais
Can you translate for idmax?

So we actually ran some tests on the AI last week, because we’re hearing a few complaints here… we simulated input from the human player, and ran 816 matches overnight on one of our console test kits. The simulation uses the AI to determine the human player’s move, but that only provides input for which Gems to switch & spells to cast… in ALL other respects the actual Gem Board can’t tell whether that input comes from a Human Player or an AI player.

For the record:
a) This was done with all cheating in the human’s favor disabled
b) We define a “lucky” drop as one of the following events (relative weighting is show in brackets):

• A Skull drops in to form a 4+ Skull match, when that skull was not previously visible on the board (5 pts)
  • A Gem drops in to form a 4+ match, when that gem was not previously visible on the board (3 pts)
  • A Skull drops in to a space where the opponent then immediately gets a 4/5-of-a-kind Skulls (4 pts)
  • A Gem drops in to a space where the opponent then immediately gets a 4/5-of-a-kind (2 pts)
  • A Skull Gem drops in to set up a Skull match for the opponent (3 pts)

Here are the results from 816 Games

LUCK SCORES (based on weightings above)

• Average Player Luck Score: 24.3
  • Average AI Luck Score: 25.0
  • Difference in Luck Scores - the AI was on average 2.9% luckier than the human player

LUCKY GAMES (number of games where player had a higher luck score)

• Games with Equal Luck: 4
  • Games where the Human was Luckier: 414
  • Games where the AI was Luckier: 398
  • Difference in Lucky Games: The Human player was luckier in 4% more games

Now that’s not a conclusive result, sample size could certainly be bigger… and obviously we could change the weightings… but I think we can see a clear trend that both sides are receiving fairly similar “luck scores” in the games we ran.

11 Likes

He say the AI is horrible and is cheating. he is level 1060 and losing against level 150. He also say he often kill 9 troops doing 200xp and still lost the game.

He don’t like to waste time to watch the AI play. He buyed couple things to support the devs but they destroyed the game

He doesn’t have fun anymore and also got the game on pc/mobile and he enjoy these versions

Kerberos suppose to devour 25% but in reality it is 100% and he summon 2 wargs and suppose to summon only 1.

With kerberos, korvash and kraken they killed the game

And he finish saying if the dev could put back the REAL game and make the AI the same way the pc/mobile are and not horrible like the console, it would be better for the future of the game

He having more fun to play on pc/mobile

2 Likes

Maybe have the flashing gem hint pick a four match if available for the player. Maybe unlucky people are missing extra turn matches the ai then steals?

Firstly I’d like to thank you for looking into this Sirrian however I myself have also witnessed unbelievable cascades. Strings of one colour or even skulls, I’m talking 5,6 or even 7 of the same colour dropping in after an exploder has cast. Match three on the top row alongside a skull and three more drop in place to make 4. AI getting turn after turn including ridiculous cascades and lucky drops does seem more commonplace for some reason. I can understand why people are getting frustrated but it’s certainly not every game. I’m level 1020, is this something that’s affecting the higher ranked people?

Thanks for doing this. Is it possible to do a similar test on PC to see if there is more luck overall on one platform or the other?
Personally, I see the same things that people are complaining about, but having read so much about this over the last months, am very aware of recall bias. I think it is possible that the console is refreshing gems differently than PC, but things probably work out about evenly most of the time if people are being objective. Case in point, I read one of the above complaints last night, logged in and in my first match, got a series of 4-matches and lucky drops such that when the AI got their first turn, they were down to one entangled troop with 3 hp. This happens all the time, but people fail to see the good lck in their favor, and only remember the bad (as has been said many, many times). Anyway, I do wonder if the console experience is just more streaky than PC/Mobile.

2 Likes

I’m way lower than that rank and this issue is not ranked related, it’s just AI being foolish.

The AI does but the problem is beyond this.

This thread is still being fed? I’m pretty sure for good reasons too, but I honestly don’t see this problem getting fixed no matter what. We gotta drop it. The way the troops are designed, the way spells are cast, the way the gems are dropped really makes me feel, what could be done? If there’s a solution, OK fine but then get on with it.

At this point I’m playing PvP for glory points, and gold and or tasks. Wins? Ha, ha ,ha , ha… I care less about wins, Ranked PvP is not practical for winning streaks in my extremely honest opinion, the AI is proof of my statement. So who cares, play another game mode, or not play ranked PvP at all is what I say.

I’m honestly annoyed by now, why? Because I’m sick of the AI too, but every time someone wants a solution to the problem, it’s as if there isn’t one. If there is one then something will be done. So play ranked PvP if ya just wanna frustrate yourself besides getting the benefits.

The problem with console for me is it seems the ai can see the invisble board that is raining down.

Example. Im fighting a team. He has an option of 3 skulls. He has a 4 blue gem option. And a 4 yellow gem option. He decides instead to do a completely random 3 brown gem.
2 problems…

1. Nothing on the ai team needs brown
  2. Somehow after choosing brown…magical row of skulls making a cross match of 6 fall from heaven.

These are the kinds of things that i see on ps4. That i never see on mobile.

2 Likes

If the AI keep doing cascade and you don’t like it, maybe you should put mab in your team, that way you will be able to play even if the AI make x4 gems

There a lot of “ghost in the machine” threads concerning the AI in addition to this one on console going back well over a year. I used to think the AI program just was inadequate to the task of properly identifying every 4/5 match on the board.

If I recall the developers in one post a few months ago clearly stated the AI ignoring 5 and 4 matches is 100% BY DESIGN. Unfortunately for the forums the player then attempts to rationalize the AI skipping a 5 Skull match and luck delivering a massive combo. Or making a simple three combo and having it cascade. If you actually record the results from both players ON PAPER (not mentally) I suspect the cascade would be almost the same. (as indicated in the computer test).

In addition If you pay attention the AI does this on the players trun frequently enough “suggesting” a lame 3 match when a 4 or 5 is available. Maybe if you take the lame match you’ll get a massive combo to :wink:

2 Likes

If you are trying to say those stats are from pvp mode, I don’t believe you. I would believe those stats from normal mode. PVP is where the problem is. Every other mode is fine. I can play explore mode on the hardest difficulty and I don’t see any of the crazy shit that I do in PVP. I assume this stems from whatever difficulty is used in PVP since its never really been explained to us and how that might affect the percentages on spells. On three trophy matches is the difficulty higher than say two trophy matches and what does it all affect. I’m high level also and I don’t know if that has any effect either. I just know when I play pvp it seems the AI has mastery of like infinity, the respawn percentages are way higher than advertised, if there’s a mana drain character on the other team it seems to cast every single turn. It seems if I’m one or two moves away from winning, the AI starts having all these crazy cascades where every single thing that drops from off screen only ever benefits the AI team (kinda like the rubberband effect in racing games). Its like playing cards with someone who’s dealing from the bottom of the deck. PVP isn’t fun from my viewpoint but unfortunately required since its really the only place to make consistent money and trophies.

1 Like

Exactly. I only see this in pvp. Never challenege or quests

That is about all my available matches usually! I wil PVP anyone but if the AI team starts looking like they are getting too lucky and there is no way i’m going to win then I will retreat and go to next match to save time!