Dead Thread (15 characters)

Same can be said for so many decks. Forest Troll / Spider / Kraken / Kraken… oh the strategy…

5 Likes

Unfortunately, history is not on the side of those of us who want to see a second adjustment made. Look at Dragon Soul, for instance: the change to Possession was made in haste, as the mechanic was bugged. The devs even explicitly stated that it was an interim fix and that they’d revisit. That was a year ago now, and there doesn’t seem to be any plan to address this “temporary” measure.

Keep rattling the cans, though. I really hope we can get a better compromise out of this one.

6 Likes

While you are correct in that it is not the MOST strategic deck, what it did allow was the Human to feel like they were able to make RNGesus bend to them. Giving them control over the board, which IS a strategy. If I control the board and never give the AI a turn, they cannot win. In fact several Meta decks utilize that very strategy (ie Loopers).

Fizz gave Goblins a reliable mana provider, while also retaining control of the board. Now there is a chance of a “misfire”, which if the devs are referring to 50% of her castings as MISFIRES that’s a whole other problem, which causes no mana gain and with the need to take 3 and pass the turn, a loss of control of the board as well.

3 Likes

But on the other hand, Kraken have only a chance to spawn gems and get an extra turn. While with goblins there is always an extra turn after Fizzy and Nobend explosions leading to more mana and more explosions and more extra turns going on guaranteed…

Not arguing about how she should be reworked, just pointing where your comparasion fails…

Ok, going crazy here.
Let’s go full-on crazy exploding princess:

Destroy first ally and deal “X” damage split among opponents, double if the sacrifice is a goblin.
Explode all gems.
Gain an extra turn.

This way she is just in theme, and needs Daddy in the team to feed her goblins.

1 Like

So you want she not just to explode but to inflict direct damage to all opponents? Wow.

By the way, at the moment Dwarven Miner, a Common troop, now explodes just like Ragnagord - choosing the color - but at almost half the price. Also it’s Impervious. What the heck, does this have any sense? What’s happening here?

What about the holy rules of game building?

I love this idea!
But I’m going to offer to control it a bit more how about:

She’d need to kill a troop first, so max 3 times If she is in last spot, unless you spawn a goblin.
To spawn a goblin, you need the king, and he ain’t got a extra turn.

You want a completely different troop.

Why? it’s not like if she matches 4 she gets an extra extra turn

in Reverse – Justice, Valkyrie, Giant Spider can fill the board with a color and have turn after turn after turn because they match 4

Or how about Gorgotha? Who explodes ALL the board - everyone gets filled up and continues since he matched 4 at least 1 on board fall (Remember it matches as it falls not just as the final presentation)

I can’t count the number of times that Gorg or the Justice League has run the board over and over -as a looper and I don’t get a turn back.

5 Likes

And Folks remember - Next week the goblins go back on the shelve for most folks because their bonuses take away advantages.

I am glad I have learned not to say what I want to say.

I don’t think that’s true this week. It’s not the event bonus that’s making them super strong, but the massive loop-ability, so I think they’re going to be a defensive fixture for a while (barring changes).

4 Likes

There is quite the difference @Taisiakat .
It’s called A.I.
For exploders, yes, sometimes you get an extra turn.
But sometimes not.
There is a risk: give the opponent a wonderful board with a bunch of match 4s.

With the built in extra turn, there no risk. In fact, you can pick up all the 4-match and fill back, or at least control what you give away.

As for the converters, yes, they are strong, but they are not blind cast. You need to pick the right moment, and , on defense, the AI will pick the wrong color.

Exploder with extra turn is just a free blind no consequences mana injection, that the computer cannot use wrong. So OP ya.

2 Likes

I still want my fizzy back!
Troop_K11_11
Bumping to keep it in the devs minds

3 Likes

I doubt she will ever get back to where she was. She badly needed a nerf explode + extra turn = dumb. Even if her stat gain was removed she would still be OP. Nobend/Fizz/Queen G explode with Fizz filling Queen G and mostly or fully filling herself and Nobend cast Queen G take all 4/5 matches then cast Nobend or her again eventually filling Queen G again cast her and you lost without having the chance to even stop them. Most of my losses this week are because Fizzbang was able to cast once and after that the ai didn’t give up it’s turn until all my troops were dead.

5 Likes

I am sure that there is a number of gems that can be exploded without being overpowered. Goblin Rocket explodes one and still gets an extra turn, and he lets you choose the gem! The idea posted here of 1+Number of Goblins would be amazing, especially if Fizz lost stealthy and the stat boost. That makes her dangerous, but not overly so: Dragon Soul explodes more gems and deals AoE damage, for not much more mana.

Edit: the stat bonus is just a disappointment when it happens. At least with Nobend every outcome is interesting.

3 Likes

Devs, it’s Monday now and we still have no answer on this. We only got like half a decent event this week because of this awful change. Please re-fix Fizzy going forward to something that nerfs her properly–that is, where she still goes boom and has an extra turn, but the number of exploding gems and/or the stat buff are more limited. That’s all you ever needed to do.

And give us a new goblin event soon, please, once she’s fixed. This one was wasted.

This is what I posted on the other relevant Fizzbang thread.

1 Like

And this is my suggestion from that thread too…
Maybe she should have only gained 40% mana and kept her extra turn? Not ALL exploders have to gain 70% mana, that unique extra turn, well I think it’s a missed opportunity. That way she’s not op with exploding filling all and sundry. I was looking forward to seeing goblins again…it’s a real shame as what this game needs more than anything currently is fun! Oh well.

Why this change when she can explore more with lower mana cost without an extra turn. Often those great explorers get an extra turn.