CONSOLE: Trollololol

When is Summer Imp going to be a glory troop?

Very disappointing.

Why would one of the imps be in the glory packs? They are always just seasonal troops in chests.

I don’t know about pc, but on console they all been in glory bundle

2 Likes

That’s crazy. I don’t know if it was like that when they first released on PC, but I always thought that they were just seasonal troops within chests only. On a two month rotation, or something like that.

Spooky Imp and Imp of Love were available for glory when they were first released on pc/mobile, but they’re the only two that I can recall.

1 Like

I understand that last week was hectic, but the hecticity (?) probably should have been quite predictable. Over the last few months, there have been a litany of perfectly valid reasons why console progress has been delayed, including:

• Sorry, busy on server migration;
  • Sorry, need to get future content planned out so we have enough to put into each console update;
  • Sorry, Pharos-ra (and every subsequent mythic) are bugged, need to wait for an update;
  • Sorry, busy working on Guild Wars;
  • Sorry, busy patching all the bugs on Guild Wars;
  • Sorry, busy working on Unity conversion;
  • Sorry, busy patching all the bugs on the Unity conversion

I understand that you have a small team and many competing priorities. I understand that the next item on my list is going to be “Sorry, need to get the Unity conversion out to mobile ASAP”. I understand that the “console devs” are probably the most experienced with Unity and are understandably swamped as their expertise is now crucial to moving forward on all 3 platforms. But, speaking just for myself here, I think a small investment of time so that the console players don’t feel neglected would be helpful. It looks like we’ll probably get a new mythic this week, and that’s great, but by slipping the schedule from 3 weeks to 4, that means another month with no progress in catching up on that front.

Some specific points that I think are causing some tension:

• Mythic catch-up is very slow. This is understandable given the technical issues that held up release for a while, but we have been about 3 mythics behind since November. Even at 1 every 3 weeks, it will still take until November/December to catch up.
  • Necrezza was gifted to PC/Mobile players at the release of Guild Wars and then was added to Glory bundles when someone asked Sirrian nicely. Console has had Guild Wars for 7 weeks, but no sign of Necrezza.
  • We got the 3.0.5 patch a day before PC. That was great, but the Orc rework included a couple of summon-only troops that are useless to us if we can’t get the cards to level and trait. PC/Mobile gets those cards this week, but we do not.

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time imagining that it would take much time each week to add a couple sentences to the Console official news post and update the server to release an additional troop or two into glory bundles/chests. I really do appreciate the hard work that you do, but wish that a little love could be shown to the console players. I think we’ve been feeling a little neglected lately.

21 Likes

Hear Hear.
Good post.

1 Like

@Stan, Well said.

I just deleted all my additional comments I initially wrote to your post how haphazard the entire Mythic release schedule has been on console from day 1, as I being critical to things past probably doesn’t help

I agree with you completely @Stan and that was my reasoning for requesting the mythic be released today so the we could still maintain a 3-week gap between mythics until we get caught up.

1 Like

Great summary of console players feelings. The mythic catchup plan is appalling.

What is the mythic release frequency on PC? It’s not every 4 weeks, is it the first Friday of the month? Looking like January to be in sync, February for first mythic with 4 weeks to save.

1 Like

Yes, it’s the first Friday of every month. @Ghaleon did a projection of when we’d catch up based on every 3 weeks, and it had us caught up in December, with the first synced release to be in January. We’d now be a week behind that, so synced release in first week of February, but only a couple weeks behind for the last few months of the year.

Due to sync in January as it stand’s now. February will be the first month that people will have a 4 week period to save. Madness really.

I just wish we could have followed the plan in August and been 100% completely synched up by December '16.

Shouldn’t this thread be about Desert Troll?

Desert Troll
E Khorvash
Banshee
TDS

Good team or bad? Let’s list some teams here, people!

Seems a little convoluted. TDS is blocked on Purple by Banshee, so it looks like you’d need to power up Desert Troll, to try to power up Banshee, to try to power up TDS. Some benefit from doing skull damage to troops stunned by Khorvash, but I’m not sure how you power everyone up.

I threw him into a fairly random giant team just for this week’s event, but I don’t see myself using him outside of that TBH.

Abyssal banner. Try to power up Banshee first so she could power TDS. TDS powers up everyone else. You never want to use Desert Troll’s spell as it could spell disaster for your team.

Hope for lucky skull hit for double damage. Slow but steady. work in progress:smiley:

Hmm. If you’re not going to use his spell, but count on Khorvash to stun first, then I’d rather just power up Khorvash twice and kill both lead troops, or use another AOE true-damage troop like Tesla or CB, or a targeted one like Amira.

Like I say, I don’t think he’s the troop for me, but I wish you luck!

2 Likes

It’s not a lack of love that means we didn’t release extra troops this week. The reality is that console is very close to being caught up to PC/Mobile, and we need a little buffer in case anything happens. For now, the schedule has slowed down. I have also passed on the feedback about getting more troops, so you never know what will happen next week, but at this stage it is just a normal release.

We are hoping to have a new mythic troop out for your this Friday and are looking into the upcoming mythic schedule. Also, please be aware that is it harder to add troops to console than it is to PC/Mobile. Because of this, once the weekly event has gone out with its troops, it’s a lot more work to add new troops into chests.

PS, the issues with Pharos-Ra took quite a long time to fix before we could release him.

@Saltypatra you guys could add summer imp in glory bundle and it would have no impact on the rest of the schedule, 2 week in a row only 1 troop that really suck since we were sûppose to get the mythic last week. It was a big slap in the face for the console players