CONSOLE: Trollololol

Ricky, trust me when I say I have read about the Summer Imp from you many, many times. :stuck_out_tongue:

To reiterate what Is said earlier…

2 Likes

Well i don’t understand, we not talking about a new troop, summer imp was already in the chests, so how is it hard to add them to glory bundle?

Bc they need to worry about getting our guilds back in the right brackets, we are not even in it so it would be nice for that to be tended to first.

1 Like

It’s always harder to push things out on console whether they are new or not. We are also working hard on fixing some issues that cropped up this week, which are our first priority.

2 Likes

yeah no worry im not asking them to stop everything lol

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t mean to send rude.

1 Like

It’s ok i would probably react same as you if i was in same situation

1 Like

That’s what I was thinking, maybe worse, lol, I’m keep checking after each match, still nothing.

1 Like

I hope ou get it fixed before GW start in 5h

1 Like

Me too :crossed_fingers:Me too

1 Like

Except in mythics salty. That’s not a reality really is it?
I’m saving for elemaugrim and it’s very frustrating as my favourite part of the game is opening boxes! Lol.
I’m really not sure if this is the right way to go about it now because we’re so far behind and personally I’m still missing wulfgarok, ketras, famine and plague and haven’t a clue about how I’m going to try and get those.
Crafting?
Well I think I’d probably rather craft the STAFF OF MADNESS.
Is that ever going to be released again?
@Saltypatra

2 Likes

None of the reasons suggested for delaying the catch up were unforeseen. They were completely obvious from the moment that the catch up plan was announced in 1995.

How are you effectively using Glory to obtain new Mythics?

The impression I have is that console is the developer’s playground. Let’s add this gem priority slider and see how things go. Let’s use Unity and abandon what is - probably - a nightmare of a codebase, which is great. But hey, resources, new cards, bugfixes, nerfs and buffs? PC will get them first.

This breaks the flow of everything for me, and breaks the definition of a meta. It’s a different feeling for me today than it was when I 1st started playing this game. When I first heard that parity between platforms would be coming soon™, I said fine. Nowadays I’m like “Are you serious, do I have to wait even more weeks for elemaugrim?”.

And what about all of these bugs? Today two people from my guild fought players from a different guild they were supposed to. We are also against gem assassins, and I know from the gems of war club they have been suffering with the difficulty levels from explore being applied to guild wars. Are they really going to go through this until the next patch? “Oh here comes the hefty compensation of a million trillion gems”. Do you want to develop - or play - a game that lives on compensations? I don’t. You’ve got a community on your back, beta-test the ***t out of it first.

If this is technical debt, it needs to be addressed, immediately. As a developer I wouldn’t last a month out there if I were in this situation, so why would I - as a costumer - still be waiting for a console/PC parity that’s been promised for what, 2 years? I know it was already a promise when I left guild of thieves last year to travel for work.

In world between Blizzard and Overkill/Starbreeze (from payday2), where does 505 want to stand?

To be fair these are on PC(Unity) as well, suggesting that they’re running on mostly the same code base. The problem with consoles is that the patches have to go through Microsoft/Sony approval which can take weeks.

Console was initially developed by Pipeworks, who were the ones who built the console version in Unity. I’m not saying it wasn’t as a test to hopefully in future get away from AdobeAir for PC/Mobile, but InfinityPlus2 wasn’t directly involved in the development from what I understand.

The reason that PC get’s the fixes first is, as stated above, there is no approval time for PC, and the Mobile one is a few days at most. Compare this to Microsoft/Sony’s weeks of approval process and how far in advance the devs have to plan when they submit since it would take more weeks to get more troops out. And if they approval gets delayed, then they’re a week into their planned time but still no approval, putting them behind schedule again.

While I don’t disagree with this, one of the issues with GW was the community was on their back for not releasing it quick enough. So you will always have both sides of an issue, beta testing it to get the bugs all ironed out, and balancing the pressure from the community to release the feature (we’ll be seeing this again with crafting most likely, the community will get restless if it takes too long most likely).

Having said all this, I do agree with @Stan that a few lines in official news posts to keep console players updated on the status of things would be nice. How easy it would be to create a new glory bundle outside of a patch I don’t know however.

2 Likes

PC players just figured out EK will stun / drain the third after killing the first. Now it’s a bug they are investigating.

It’s not a bug, it is working as intended and the need to adjust, pc ppl are getting the real ai and troops and now they notice.
We are pros for dealing with it the whole time now
PS4 player here.

2 Likes