Bone Dragon, one question

6 Likes

Don’t buff this. I just got my tail handed back to me on a bloody platter with a 10th level fully traited Webspinner who was powered up by Green Seer.

Never got the board back. And this isn’t the first time. It actually made me stop on reconsider whether replacing one of my troops on my Minogor team with it.

(And I have a full mythic full traited team that only got one turn and then never got the board back)

They won’t buff Webspinner after they already nerfed it.

1 Like

They could very easily push some of its magic back a few levels. I just want to see it viable in endgame again.

But Webspinner is getting potentially +2 magic in about 4 hours. Sure, so is everything else. But I think I have found something to be happy about.

Getting a bit tired of this

2 Likes

Again, not true. The first result from googling “tournament decks with phage the untouchable”:

Sample turn from GP Dallas 2007

And that was almost 10 years ago. Who knows what other cards in the meantime could work with her.

I’m not saying she can go all the way in a tournament. The question posed was merely “is she viable”.

As if he doesn’t do that already…

1 Like

False. The present state of any format she is presently legal in does not allow for the usage of anything more expensive than say Siege Rhino, or if you’re running a heavy, HEAVY control deck, you might be able to make the game last long enough to play it.

Modern, presently, is a land of games that don’t normally go past turn five. Legacy? You basically draw your hand, ask your opponent if they have their wincon, and whoever goes first wins. The game is too fast these days for Phage to be viable, competitively.

Ten years ago, the game was much slower and she was banned with good cause. But nowadays? Things like that don’t fly. And if they do, a quick Path to Exile means that you just spent six mana to get one card out of your opponent’s hand and a land.

2 Likes

Ah. It appears you keep up with the competitive scene more than I, so I will defer to you. I took your original comment as the competitive scene at any time, not presently. I will say that Phage seems more to be designed as a “casual” card (what did Mark Rosewater call them? " Johnnys"?) whose abilities would appeal to those to try to use/break it in the tournament scene (I’m using tournament and competitive interchangeably), but that doesn’t negate your statement, of course.

1 Like