Another joyless GW day ruined in battle #1

To anyone who thinks the devs don’t listen, this is proof they do. They just implemented this suggested this week. Woohoo! That’s going to help with the all or nothing nature making a loss so rage inducing, since the second to last battle is only worth a little less than the last battle you lose.

1 Like

Wow well done brudda you got nothing better to do than keep track of that? Congrats pimpin you win the internet​:+1::+1::+1::+1:

Oh I was rage. I just don’t vented it out here on forums. Already too much of it here. :grin:

3 Likes

Yay, participation trophys for everyone!!!

Losing a match needs to hold a big penalty. Bigger then not having the color bonus.
So that you have a choice to make. Do I foresake the color bonus so ensure a win?

So, you see 2 Kerberos and a FG? You must decide. Bring a Loop Team with Impervious soldiers? That gets you the win.
No? You tried with your all Red and got Devoured? Too bad. You got greedy and lost.

I still have not lost a GW fight.
But I do not have max points. When I see Double Famines, or devours, I bring stronger team, and summoners to replace troops, but lose some color points.
It’ a choice.

5 Likes

The new scoring is far from a participation trophy. It is definitely more moderate than before, but losing a battle will still have severe consequences. Further, based on the scores I’ve seen in the top few brackets, it’s only going to have marginal impact. So it doesn’t penalize you as severely, but it’s still a severe penalty, since losing one battle costs you 1/3 of your points instead of half.

As for @Venar comment about needing to choose either between mono colour or guaranteed victory, I agree. But again, I believe the current system does that.

Personally I didn’t mind the old offensive scoring, and I don’t mind the new scoring. The problem I had with scoring was that there is no defensive scoring, which leads to the consistently stale Big 3 meta defenses. Hopefully something is done here to encourage the same sort of choices and troop diversity in the future.

2 Likes