Another joyless GW day ruined in battle #1

but it’s like saying you want to win lotto but you don’t buy ticket. sure you need to do GW in top guild and it’s normal but if you really don’t like it i don’t see why you still doing something you really doesn’t enjoy against your will

1 Like

I believe they will be because of new players who were not around when they were introduced. Plus the ONLY way to get more to ascend them will be to put them in the chests.

Now will the be in events or guild only like Guardians, that’s the uncertain part.

there are common so my guess is it will be in any chests but i can be wrong

Yeah i look down on people with families…sure. That seems like a reasonable assumption, especially since i just adviced you to cut down the time you waste on GW…
You should really dial the baseless conjecture back a tad. Look, i understand you are unhappy with GW, and feel it is not optional, and that is a 100% viable point of view, one i don’t even attack. As a matter of fact i’d very much welcome whatever the Devs come up with to not make it feel that way for you anymore, without taking away the parts of GW i enjoy.
But please stop with the ludicrous hyperbole, making it sound like playing GW requires someone to have no life, no job and no other interests but this game, because that is just laughable.

1 Like

Ricky,

You are comparing apples to oranges. I have been playing GoW for 1.5-2 years now, I have watched the game grow from what started like almost a Puzzle Quest to what we have today.

I have liked most of the updates, except for a few… Devour, Deathmark and GuildWars. These 3 things in GoW are cancer for the game.

Devour because its the MOST OP spell around, it not only destroys an enemy card but it also adds life/attack/shield and other abilities. Yes I can use it to, and yes its fair if both sides have it. But this kinda mode in a game has removed the back and forth battle of strategy, and resulted into who can devour the most/fastest or take out the key troop. No chance to defend it, no chance to cure it, only 100% chance MAW or RNG based luck if the opponent gets it first.

Deathmark: This is just pure cheese, why should something destroy a 1000 life/1000 armor card (in theory) without even touching them? This is another cancerous mode that has been added to the game.

Guild Wars: This idea started out great, the implementation has not been great. I was very excited to hear about this long ago before it was made. Now that I play it… its just the WORST of the WORST of PvP over and over on a daily basis. 6 days in a row of the same old thing. This mode has not improved diversity of teams, this mode is not anything special. This mode forces people like me to have to play 6 days a week, I used to just play 3-5 days a week. Now I have to battle with the family over getting my GW attacks in. Locking Exclusive CARDS behind GW is what urks me the most, if I was able to get those cards without GW participation and not waiting 6 months for them to be released in the Guild Chests then it might not be as bad.

Suggestions to FIX GW:

1. Dev’s will set the 5 Defense Teams per day, everyone fights the same defenses, this will reduce the monotony of the same cancerous defenses over and over.
  2. Allow for all 30 battles to be completed at any time during any day, and not come with a penalty.
4 Likes

I may have come across a little harsh and I apologize.

I just feel that the people whom counter what I’m saying, don’t care to listen to other peoples sides. I was implying that because I have limited amount of gaming time, and since this new mode has been put in, I’m forced to spend X amount of time doing that mode before I can even touch the parts of the game I enjoy.

You are right GW is optional, so is continuing to play and/or purchase of items in the game.

I’m trying to help fix this before we start to see people leaving because of it. Even if GoW lost 20% of its players to this mode, you have to think to yourself… I wanted to improve my product, but now only 80% of the people like the game. I have lost 20% of my potential revenue and 20% of the potential word of mouth. I have a feeling this number is much higher than 20% when you start getting into the higher end of guilds. Low end players probably don’t even know the button exists to play GW because its not implemented well with ease of knowing where to go etc.

Hope we can work on coming up with solutions to these problems, and less with bantering or telling others how they should or shouldn’t play because that works for you.

2 Likes

I recall a dev saying in global that once the next lot of GW troops are added the current batch can be obtained in guild chests.

First, people will have to agree on the problem before a solution can be discussed. Clearly, most people don’t agree on what is or isn’t a problem (excluding the obvious bugs).

1 Like

Thats what I thought but I couldn’t find it here on the forum, but i remember reading it somewhere.

Ok lets get something straight… I dont look down on anyone for not liking GW… That is an opinion and EVERYONE is entitled to one

As for the rest here is a little about me…

I have a wife and two children… One is grown and the other is 11

I have two grandchildren who are always around

I work 65-70 hours a week monday thru saturday

So who are you referring to with no job family or life?

2 Likes

Just play your 5 battles with your normal PvP team, don’t worry about the colour thing or maybe at minimum use two of the days colours.

You’ll score fairly similar than, and in shorter amount of time, grinding out wins and losing a couple of battles here and there.

Or join a different guild and make peace with the fact that you can’t have everything.

Personally, i changed guilds (from a top 10) couple of months after seals were introduced as I was being forced to play more than I liked when seal reqs were introduced.

We all have a choice, make one and be happy with it. :wink:

3 Likes

FFS this is a match 3 game, not Powerball…

wrong… they’re going to replace the Guardians.

and they’re not even that good.

wow, you are still around! :smiley: Are you enjoying the game, champ?

1 Like

it’s something to do during downtime at work.

how you fairing, champ?

edit - I’m working on passing Vangor in a 3rd guild…

Doing good, thanks. Glad to see that you are still enjoying the game, eventho it looks quite the opposite on these boards…

as I have said several times (which you have always chosen to ignore), the basic premise of the game is good. The basis of the game is fun. It’s the continued boneheaded plays of the developers (like GW) that detract from the total package and ultimately create an experience that is frustrating if you don’t ignore significant portions of the game (that the developers spent a huge amount of time on).

But ultimately I stick around because I found a good group of people to hang with in the game. Without that, I would have left the game… I’m sure that would have made you incredibly happy.

Wrong, I like to have you on these boards. Your acting makes me laugh, in a bad way! :wink:

1 Like

If I were to suggest:

How about a user-friendly, yet fair option?
I’d personally allow 1 “rematch” option for each day. That would only reward you with 50% of the original battle’s bonus. That way the score would still be decided by wins but would immediately make the game lighter.
The hard core ones would still feel great about winning on 1st try, since they will be rewarded by most points…
… But the roulette aspect of the game wouldn’t hurt as much for the rest of us.

Ideas? Opinions? Please, discuss.

They just changed the score of each battle, im not sure they will change anything else yet

1 Like