Another joyless GW day ruined in battle #1

Yeah it is no doubt more difficult but doesnt that just speak to the fact that more than luck is involved?

3 Likes

'Cause in bracket one Kerberos has higher chances to devour someone? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True. Iā€™ve never said that this game is only pure luck game. Also never denied if RNG sometime happens. Itā€™s combined of both luck and skills. Of course you canā€™t compare GoW to some MOBA kinda game like DoTA or LoL or some FPS kinda game when weā€™re talking about skills. Probably what I consider as skills in this game is team building, board analyzing, decision making, and timing.

5 Likes

Haha maybe. Enemy kerberos ate 5/5 on my last GW battle today. :grin:

4 Likes

Ouch, thatā€™s rage inducing.

2 Likes

Actually, Bracket 1 has some funky RNG going for it. Not inside the games but the matching system.

The weeks we win and come out number 1 on bracket 1 are defined by the fact that we somehow get paired up with the weakest teams for our 6 days. The weeks we come out less than number 1 it is because we get matched with the strongest guilds in our bracket.

The difference between a weaker and stronger guild is definitely the defense teams. The stronger guilds often build a wall of grief that is very RNG heavy with the likes of Kraken/Kerb/DK/Death. Admittedly, in GW week 2, I had ā€˜great luckā€™ where I lost 0 troops and won every battle. I say ā€˜great luckā€™ because I did get Kerb to cast on me, but no devour. I did have kraken hit a few times, again, no devour. I even had DK curse my entire team and went for almost 5 rounds with no kills on my team from DM. So yes, I see luck as a MAJOR factor to win/loss because with the same teams this week Iā€™m having a very lackluster week that started off with a DM that teamwiped all four of my troops on the first turn. And this was in the first battle which nerfed my points for the day.

3 Likes

Vangor, we have some people who are leaving due to GW, since you are so lucky, you want to try your luck in the top tier(If you arenā€™t already - Iā€™m not sure what team youā€™re on.)

1 Like

I hope how much Vangor loves GW, that he will replace all the income lost because of those whom dislike it, and the reviews and word of mouth that those people share with their friends.

I know I would not recommend GW in its current form as some cool mode to try out, or try to get my friends to join me.

For hardcore players or those without a Family, Job and LIFE, GW is fine for them, For others in its current form is VERY intrusive to our lives forcing us to play 6 days a week if we want to stay in our current guilds.

There are options of leaving your guild for lesser guilds, that results in leaving your teammates and potentially never reaching the 40k seals or legendary tasks again. So for most end game players its a forced mode to play, not voluntary.

If GoW is looking to lose many of its players because they feel that is better for them financially, then they are on the right track.

1 Like

Ah yeah, sure, because only the people with absolutely nothing in their life can spare the 15 minutes a day or the hour once a week for GWā€¦

3 Likes

How can you smile at that???

2 Likes

Boy if it only took me 1 hour for GWā€¦

2 Likes

15 minutes for 5 battles with mono colored teams? LOL

I spend between 45 minutes and 1 hour each day to do this, and I have ZERO FUN doing it.

So to me, this is 4 to 6 hours of WASTED time each week. I know Iā€™d rather spend that 4 to 6 hours doing something I enjoy in the game. so YES, those with unlimited amounts of gaming time, this is not an issue. For me with limited gaming time, it ruins my fun.

3 Likes

nobody force you to play GW, if you really donā€™t like it and your guild force you to play just go in another guild and your problem is solved

2 Likes

You are incorrect in this,

If I want to be in a guild that hits legendary tasks and 40k seal chestsā€¦ I must participate in GW.

Time to optimize your playtime then, especially when you are not really invested in it.
It is not like the meta would constantly change and you have to adapt, we have had the same kind of defenses for at least the last 2-3 weeks of GW. I know i get my matches done in up to 15 mintes on most days, and i somewhat care about and enjoy GW.

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy you enjoy the mode, I donā€™t want to take that away from you.

I do however think people like you, or your point of view think down on people like me. People whom have families, more than full time jobs and love to spend those few hours they get gaming doing something they enjoy.

Guild wars is not something I enjoy, I know of at least 10 more that feel the exact same way, and I know less that like it. So Iā€™m being the voice of those whom share my feelings and concerns as well.

Am I happy that we invested 6 months or longer in a guild to build it up, to all of a sudden have a new mode come in and destroy everything you worked towards? HELL NO!
Is GW in theory optional? YES
Is GW optional in top guilds? NO

So I either have to find a new home and new friends and hope that others thinking exactly like me want to continue playing this game and have a major disadvantage with the new cards only released behind the GW wall. I know thatā€™s always an option, and so is just outright Quitting the game because Iā€™ll never have an equal footing in the card collection process which is what I like most of this game.

1 Like

this is not true these card will be release in chest eventualy

I love your key word: ā€œEventuallyā€

yeah attack my bad english, now you want to see if you understand french?

1 Like

Ricky, it was not an attack on your english, I could care less it was misspelled. I think the word ā€œeventuallyā€ is what was my issue.

Sure eventually in 6 months I can get that card everyone else has at mythic already, while there are 20 others that are stuck behind the GW wall. Weeeeeeā€¦ from Casual fun game to Hardcore mode in a casual game that wrecked the balance that made the game fun for some of us.

1 Like