A New Mythic Approaches - Stonehammer

Jarl generates more gems increasing his chance for extra turns significantly compared to Stonehammer and Jarls spell is cheap enough to be able to loop himself, Stonehammers isn’t.
Also keep in mind that Jarl is rarely used in end-game so among the legendaries he is commonly seen as being on the weaker side now, and basically been replaced with Courage, who does the same looping with more flexibility, the ability to skullspam and insane team buffing in addition.
So i don’t think one of the weaker legendaries should be the point of reference for a base mythics power Level.

2 Likes

Okay just understood why Stonehammer is so unreliable. Sorry ;-).
So, if he should be improved, it must be his gem generation (9 red gems and 9 brown gems at least), not his tankyness.

About Jarl, not my fault if he’s a victim of this “let’s-do-stronger-troops-than-the-existing-ones” system and so on, old troops can become useless compared to others.

2 Likes

No it is not your fault :stuck_out_tongue:
And while you definitely have a point about the power creep thing, Jarl looked mediocre alongside several of the older legendaries aswell, not just the newest and hottest ones, Gorgotha fe. has been around for quite a while too.

Anyways i think people should appreciate how far away from being too strong Stonehammer actually is, and adding Impervious to his toolkit won’t tip the scale.
I have met about 10-ish Stonehammers in pvp so far, i have seen him cast his spell twice, both times missing the extra turn, with no real Impact on the battle either… ‘ok all my stuff burns now, so what? I’ma continue destroying all your stuff now’.
I have skull-bashed my way through Stonehammers like i do regularily through Gorgothas cause i am too lazy to scout and it is really no biggie. If you want to make sure Gorgotha/Stonehammer teams don’t slow you down too much, just don’t go full skulltard and have some spelldamage alongside the skullspam in your team, the options for that are huge now.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Jarl is great in looping teams. My Jarl team is one of my all time favorites.

3 Likes