A Crafting Guide - SPOILERS for crafting!

could this be then moved to a lv10 forge please?

Does someone know which Mythics were available for Crafting the previous 2 weeks, pleeeease?

Mythics I need…
Draakulis
Famine
Jotnar stormshield
Ketras the bull
Plague
Wulfgarok
Xathenos

Hmmmm, who should I create first?

famine
xanthenos
draakulis
:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would advise all players to NEVER EVER do that.

With the nerf to gems, as well as the lower amount of gem and event keys we can get from the nerfing of guild tasks, sooner or later everyone is going to run out of first the gem and event keys but eventually also the gems that they’ve stockpiled. The Legendary and Mythic troop releases are a severe drain on player resources, especially if you’re having a bad RNG day (I still recall Elemaugrim (IIRC (it could also be the mythic before Elemaugrim)) costing me all my stockpiled gem (>500) and glory keys (>3000) as well as all my gems (>14000) and still not getting it (I got it from a guild key a few days later after my guild had reached 40K seals ).

So eventually even the players that have stockpiled huge amounts of gems are going to run out and miss out on mythics, which they’d then need to craft. So I would always recommend to just save those resources and not waste them on traitstones or souls…

7 Likes

YES, YES AND YES!!! NEVER EVER WASTE 10 DIAMONDS FOR CRAFTING 100 SOULS!!!

Diamonds must be saved for crafting mythic (or legendary). And if you already have all troops, then you still must save diamonds for new mythic troops that you could perhaps miss with chests!

It is so fast and easy to gain 100 souls with other methods!
Really a beginners trap to avoid at all cost!!!

1 Like

This is my fear, actually. I’m still missing 6 mythics, including the new crafting-only mythic, and getting Yasmine’s Chosen totally broke me aside from a couple thousand glory keys. If I can get one mythic every 3 months from crafting, it is still going to be a year and a half before I catch up…and a new one is still being released every month, which given my zero starting stockpile, is basically a given that I’m going to start missing getting them during release.

I’m guessing the intention is that unless you are willing to spend ludicrous amounts of money on gems (unless you’ve been playing since forever and have a stockpile that can carry you through while you build up Diamonds) you can say goodbye to the idea of ever having a complete collection. Unless they make it possible to craft one per month, it will be impossible to keep up.

Not sure if there are any other players who enjoy the “collect them all” aspect of the game or if it’s just me, but given that it seems obvious the publisher isn’t going to lower the price on gems to a reasonable level, this is requiring me to make a major shift in my attitude about the game, and it’s making me question whether I’ll be around long term or not.

4 Likes

Exactly this for me. I had quite a nice stockpile of gems and keys built up but I missed 2 of the 4 apocalypse troops on release (we didn’t have exclusive weeks on console), then missed Draak, but managed to stay caught up after that for quite a long time. Since then, I’ve been completely busted while missing the last 3 mythics and I’m now 6 behind (7 including Xathenos) with zero hope of ever catching up. My definition of a “complete collection” is now everything up to Legendary rarity and I have to view any mythics as a bonus.

4 Likes

So my dilemma is…
Do I spend 200 gems a day buying crafting resources to get mythics without opening chests with Gems? Or…
Stop buying daily packs, build up a stash and continue playing with the rng?
Infernus cost me 11,250 gems on vip chests, plus all my glory and gem chests and 5k seals.
I could have spent those over the course of a few months and just crafted him.
So my big question is… WHY HAVE I SPENT CHRIST KNOWS HOW MUCH TO GET VIP 6?
Crafting is really good, I’ve created 100’s of runics and arcanes today and have used over 175 celestial stones. I have had to stop, leaving only 20, I got carried away!
My plan is spend keys and not gems.
Anyone else in a similar situation?
(still pissed about my vip status, 2 crappy glory keys a day is insulting).

What are you spending 200 gems a day on for crafting mats? The daily pack is 50 gems and I didn’t think there was another source.

On console, we don’t get the $4.99 daily option, we get the option to spend a further 150 gems. Changes to the Sony and MS stores can take some time to push through, so I assume that will change at some point.

3 Likes

Oh! Sorry, I wasn’t aware. I play on PC/mobile. Pardon my ignorance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No need to apologize - I don’t think it is widely known or discussed. Console players will probably be more surprised when it changes, since you’d have to have read this thread to even know there is supposed to be a $5 option.

Average mythic drop rate is estimated at 1% from VIP chests. However, you can very easily be left empty handed, since you likely won’t have the volume to traverse a large enough sample size where you see the RNG “smooth out” a bit more. Therefore, I’ll leave it up to your discretion.

If you get the same payouts as we do for the Daily Pack options then:

Monday-Saturday daily pack = 58 diamonds and 3 gem keys for 150 gems
69 packs gets you 4002 diamonds and 207 gem keys giving up 10350 gems, or 207-227 VIP key pulls
Which sounds more valuable?

Monday-Saturday gem bounty = 24 diamonds for 50 gems
167 packs gets you 4008 diamonds giving up 8350 gems, or 167-185 VIP key pulls
Which sounds more valuable?

If the gems sounds more valuable, you don’t want to be buying these packs. If the guaranteed mythic sounds more valuable, then buy them, but keep in mind you are also losing a ton of other fodder drops (namely, a ton of arcanes which you still seem to need if you are using celestial to craft).

Sunday’s Gem Bounty is always strongly favorable to even VIP chests at their average drop rate. Sunday’s Daily Pack (assuming still 158 diamonds and 3 gem keys for 150 gems) is also favorable. The only reason not to buy these is if you are not interested in getting mythics at all and would rather have the chance at the fodder drops.

On PC, missing 3 mythics, I’m not bothering with any of the packs other than Sunday’s gem bounty. The others don’t make sense long term, or really even short term. Funneling gems to the daily packs will have me missing an increasing amount of mythics until I’m only getting every other one and waiting months for the pleasure of doing so.

6 Likes

I’ll stop buying deals and packs(mon-sat) once I have 4k diamonds.
So I’m prepared to get the mythic that I want

1 Like

This is a really smart way to approach it. I’m starting to regret spending on the daily packs up to this point, but mentally I’ve already been preparing to fail gloriously on getting the next monthly mythic anyhow given the relatively small size of my stash. I think I’m going to switch to Sunday packs only as well…out of the mythics I’m missing (6…ugh) only two would have immediate spots in any of my teams, and I’ll have a chance to chase one of them with Event keys when its kingdom comes around.

2 Likes

One thing to bear in mind is that you don’t just get mythics from the daily bundles. To the extent there’s an argument for going after VIP Chests for Arcanes, that’s also applicable to the daily bundles. You get jewels, souls, and runics, which are all the ingredients you need for Arcanes. It’s almost 1 Arcane per day of your choice (as opposed to random ones), so there’s something like 145 Arcanes also in the daily gem bounty. You’re right though about the “fodder drops”.

As I’ve said elsewhere, it largely seems to come down to a personal choice. You either get a chance at a mythic and a bunch of random arcanes plus some fodder troops, or a guarantee of a mythic and a bunch of arcanes of your choice.

If you don’t like RNG, or don’t need the fodder, or think you have “bad luck” then it seems to me that the bundle is a very viable alternative. It’s also absolutely true that 170 VIP Chests is no guarantee of a Mythic. I haven’t tried to do the math on expected probabilities, but my guess is that 170 VIP Chests is, on average, more than enough to net a Mythic though it’s very unpredictable when you’re a single individual doing it once/month.

I think “don’t make senses long term, or really even short term” is really unfair. It seems to me it’s only true that VIP Chests are especially one-sided if you’re looking at it on paper and trying to min-max over a really long period of time (where the impact of “average” time to a mythic via VIP Chests is predictable). For a single player over the course of a few months, missing a mythic until you’ve opened a few hundred VIP Chests can take a long time to dig out of. And I think there’s a fairly high probability of that happening for any given person. Maybe 1/4 or 1/3 of the time?

2 Likes

I am on xbox and I have the $4.99 option daily, but that is only as of a day ago

2 Likes

I haven’t checked in a couple days. I’m on PS4 - maybe it is fixed for us too…

Wouldn’t this be more like 1 arcane per week (or half an arcane per week since you’re already getting 100 jewels of each color for free), assuming that you don’t have an infinite supply of Celestials?