2.1 Arrives!

For triple tribute? I think I’ll hold off until 10* to break the bank and trait a bunch of troops I won’t be using anyway; at least that’ll have combat bonuses attached to it.

That Purple Guardian Statue’s +2 Magic bonus looks awful nice.

1 Like

Hmm has anyone else noticed their phone battery draining excessively since this update?

I’ve played since the update came live until now and my battery drained over 40% which is really abnormal.

I have always had chat running in the past and nothing else going on in the background of my iPhone 6s and now all of a sudden this turned into a monumental drain rather than just a quick one.

I’ve noticed as well, but not that bad. Going into the Guild tab seems to take a while to load and chat is now everywhere. I assume those are the 2 culprits.

Probably has something to do with chat being everywhere now.

Gems of War has always been hard on the batteries.

Hmm have the Hero Magic levels been boosted? Currently using Sorcerer and Crescendo is doing 16! AoE True Dmg and Black Manacles is doing 29 AoE. Same Kingdom Magic pre-update, I believe Sorcerer Crescendo was doing 12 AoE TD. Not that I’m complaining but that is some massive pain :wink:

1 Like

Yes that is true. But now it is even worse on the battery, which I was somewhat expecting with the chat being everywhere now. But dang I don’t want to see that huge of a decrease in my battery just by opening up the chat box every so often

I am only interested in getting 7 stars on the home kingdom for a triple double reward. Unfortunately, that would be Whitehelm, which is incapable of 7 stars. Traiting 10 troops wouldn’t be too taxing for potentially 120 glory per hour. That is, if there were 10 troops…:sob:

Amended the traitstone costs on the site. Apparently, the second and third traits for these cost 12 and 18 single-color stones, respectively.

Total cost to fully upgrade one Guardian:
24 Minor
104 Major
60 Runic
30 Arcane
0 Celestial

5 Likes

I hope Whitehelm doesn’t come around for at least a bit, so we would at least have a small window where it wasn’t the most favorable home kingdom and maybe go a week or two without being flooded with yellow traitstones from PvP. But that’s probably wishful thinking either way.

3 Likes

Justice really got the short end of the stick trait wise didn’t it…? I read through all of them and their skills… I was most excited for Justice because of his skill then I was blindsided by his traits.

No way is his third trait worth while. Only a max potential of 9 armor and 9 attack*. And by that time the game is over. Completely useless compared to the other guardians third traits (heck, significantly worse than almost every legendary trait or mythic - not just guardian compared), which are all really exciting. And only armored? Lame for something that’s supposed to be a mythic and is hard to trait and get to mythic status

[edited out thoughts on sacrifice - was wrong]

Then again I’ve always hated on death stuff. Completely underpowered. On death stuff should be worth at least 5x more than what they are, especially on something that’s supposed to be mythic quality

Hopefully devs make Justice’s third trait worthwhile. I certainly don’t think it’s worth the high material price tag as is

*you get that bonus after killing 3 enemies, so you’d have that bonus at the very end of your fight right before it’s over.

1 Like

Actually I built a couple of Sacrifice teams on the weekend that were fast and brutal!

What about Justice’s though?
I’m just talking about the traits.
All of the skills are very well done and the troops all look really nice and I’m excited to get them!

Edit: I was mistaken about sacrifice in the regard that I forgot summons fill the available slot. For some reason I erroneously thought summons only filled the top spot, since whenever I use a summon team that ends up happening :stuck_out_tongue:
Sacrifice is great because there isn’t a limit. You just have to be able to keep the summons coming and make sure they are in the last spot.

Justice on the other hand doesn’t have that.

1 Like

Magic spoiler 8-ball says: If “a little bit” means “a little over one month” for you, then you get your wish.

2 Likes

New things are fun things. Liking it so far with more end game.

1 Like

So is triple tribute reward possible with 10 troops? If so, Wild Plains seems like the new Home Kingdom of choice for high level players, right?

If I did my numbers right, since 10 is before diminishing returns:

levels: 2000
troops: 500
traits: 750

For a total of 3250 points available. But that is with maxed mythic fully traited everything. You need “only” 3200 points for seven star. So yes, it looks possible, just not easy. I won’t be able to do it without more expenditure than I am comfortable with, anyway. I already use Wild Plains, though, purely because I don’t want to be part of the “Whitehelm problem”, and because it only costs me about 80 glory per week to do so out of the thousands that I get total. Boosting up Wild Plains, similarly, would net me about 160 glory per week. Not worth it at this point.

2 Likes

Honestly it would be so worth it if pvp rewards were just random (with trait stones at the end) rather than tied to a kingdom so it doesn’t matter what everyone uses.

2 Likes

I agree. 3 attack and 3 armor from a kill vs Courage getting 3 attack and 3 life from a skull match? Justice should be 5-6 at least.

2 Likes