2.1 Arrives!

Only way to raise your seal cap it to purchase one of the packs. I bought the 4.99 one. The look on my wifes face said… " $20 pack will cost you alot more in the divorce " lol
@TaliaParks when a guild mate buys packs it only sends everone 1, 2 or 4 guild keys in the mail. It only raises the players cap who bought them.

All seals bought does count twords guilds 40k bonus.

5 Likes

I guess I don’t understand what everyone is so confused about.

You earn seals, 1500 a week (unless you raise your cap) which goes towards your guild’s seals which unlocks chest upgrades.

the second you collect your seals, it turns into a currency. You do not lose that currency, ever. It’s yours until you spend it. You spend it on guild chests only (at the moment anyways - this could always be expanded upon).

If you forget to collect your seals, the currency will be sent to you so you do not miss out. That is the currency that you spend your chests on and doesn’t have a cap.

The only thing that has a cap is how much you earn on one week. That does not limit how many you can hold at one time after you collect it.

So, in other words, you can horde your seals (currency!) until your guild has a good week and reaches the max chest upgrade if you choose to do so.

BUT your limit resets. So, every single week you can earn 1,500 seals for your guild to work towards the upgrade (and then turn into currency to spend on chests for yourself). No exceptions (unless you can earn more than what I said through purchase).

They mail you the seals you forget to collect. That does not count towards your next week requirements, because you in fact earned them the week prior to the reset so that wouldn’t make sense. They do not want it to rollover like that.

All of that information comes directly from Sirrian. You can view his replies to see for yourself.

Unless I’m misunderstanding the questions asked… Those are the answers :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Some of the confusion was seals mailed out.
Seal cap 1500 .
You claimed 1400 during the week.
You have 200 unclaimed seals at the end of the week.

Sirrien said they will be mailed to you so you lose NOTHING .

I took that as they mail you the 200 you didnt claim. BUT That puts you over the cap.
Apparently if you claimed 1400 for the week you will only get 100 of the 200 unclaimed seals in the mail.
So it LOOKS like your losing something.

Mabye sirrian just didn’t spell it out enough. No biggie lol they were busy :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah but you can only earn 1,500 so anything over that would be lost because you didn’t technically earn it, since you hit the cap and aren’t supposed to be able to get more. If that makes sense.

So you will make no more than 1,500 unless you purchase the guild stuff.

Now that you explain it like that I can understand why people would be confused. It should have definitely been communicated clearer. Especially since we know devs are reading this thread (since there was a reply very recently) you’d think this would have an official response

1 Like

I thought I understood this, but the more I read the less sure I am of “you will loose nothing”?

You will lose nothing in regards that if you forget to collect your capped at 1,500 resource, you will get it mailed to you.

Sirrian’s response (saying that you would lose nothing) was to the question of what would happen to seals that were uncollected.

So, you won’t lose any seals that you have earned (unless you have earned over the cap - since you can’t actually get it if it’s over the cap - since a cap is a limit and you can’t go over limits)

I think it would be a really great idea for someone to make a thread of commonly asked questions with the official quotes by Sirrian or other developers.

That would ease a lot of confusion and make it so people don’t have to reply to the same questions in order to explain it.

I’m much too lazy to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

Assume:
I’ve collected 1,400 Seals.
I forget to collect 600 more.
The week resets.
Do I have 2,000 seals in my Inventory?

You will get 100 seals in the mail, and you will have 1500 seals in your inventory.

1 Like

No. Because, again, the cap is 1,500.
You cannot earn more than that in one week.
Those are lost because you aren’t actually able to get them due to a cap, which you can plainly see on the guild seal screen. If it says a maximum amount, that means you cannot earn more than that. Anything above it will be lost because it’s not technically yours (because cap)

1 Like

Everyone says READ THE DEVELOPERS COMMENTS… lol theres only a few .

Seems most of the info came from player to player and so on until somewhere in the mix that became " what the developers said " lol x2,
but ya its starting to male sense now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well all of my information came directly from Sirrian’s comments from the preview. I’ve even quoted them here in this thread.

I think the trouble is that there are multiple types of Seals here:

1. Unclaimed Seals: Green checks in the checklist. These are potential Seals and are not reflected anywhere else yet.
  2. Total Claimed Seals: This is currency in the upper left of your UI, and what is used to unlock Guild Chests.
  3. Weekly Personal Claimed Seals: This is shown only in the Guild menu and represents the number of Seals you claimed in a given week, which has a cap.
  4. Weekly Guild Claimed Seals: The other number in the Guild menu and represents the guild’s progress against upgrading Chests, which also has a cap.

If I am understanding things properly:

• (1) has no effect on (3) or (4), ever.
  • The act of converting (1) to (2) by claiming causes (3) to increase, and cannot be done if (3) is at the cap.
  • At the end of the week, (3) and (4) reset to zero.
  • At the end of the week, (1) converts to (2), without impacting either (3) or (4) for that week.

I’m not sure what happens if you attempt to convert (1) to (2) when (4) is capped.

4 Likes

My understanding is that the end of week conversion does not happen if (3) is capped, nor will it convert if it would put (3) over the cap for the week in which the seals were “checked.”

I know when you reach the 1500 personal cap the claim seals menu greys out.

4 Likes

On a diffrent subject (thank god :innocent:)

For us who have maxed guild and personal seals.
Maxed all guild task.
Now what ? It’s only Wednesday lol

See everone next Monday :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

DoA, That’s a subject that’s deserving of it’s own forum thread. I’m seeing a lot of that in global and guild chat.

1 Like

Trophies? Hoard gold and glory like a dragon? :slight_smile:

@Sirrian hinted at a future solution, which means they see it as a potential problem, at least.

1 Like

That shouldn’t be too hard to do. RAWWRR~! :wink:

1 Like

My Dragonese is rusty, but I think you just asked for my hand in marriage.

5 Likes