2.0.1 Known Issues

Not sure if it is a bug or it is designed so (must be the 1st troop). Archer has a 5% higher lethal rate, why we use assassin then? only for the last enemy?

Because the last enemy is almost never damaged, so you’re getting a lot more damage for free when the Assassin’s trait triggers.

Scenario: Archer hero with 15 attack, front enemy with 50 life.

(1) Attack 1 hits, maybe Bullseye triggers for 50 damage. If not,
(2) Attack 2 hits, maybe Bullseye triggers for 35 damage. If not,
(3) Attack 3 hits, maybe Bullseye triggers for 20 damage. If not,
(4) Attack 4 hits, maybe Bullseye triggers, but the damage would have killed the front troop anyway.

– vs. –

Scenario: Assassin hero with 15 attack, back enemy with 50 life.

(1) Attack 1 hits, maybe Assassinate triggers for 50 damage. If not,
(2) Attack 2 hits, maybe Assassinate triggers for 50 damage. If not,
(3) Attack 3 hits, maybe Assassinate triggers for 50 damage. If not…

You get the point.

4 Likes

Not that it defeats your argument at all or anything, but the last troop is the 2nd-most likely troop (after the first) to be damaged, in my experience, primarily because the last troop is the specific target of certain spells like Knight Coronet and Rock Worm.

got it:thumbsup:

My Impervious Carnex, just got devoured by Maws third trait.

The issue log above indicates that you were hoping to get the fix out “early next week”. Any confirmation on what day ‘early’ is likely to be?

Inb4 it comes out friday.

Has anyone else had problems with Jarl not quite killing enemies with skull damage? I have seen it with 3, 4 and 5 skull matches were I should be doing 24 damage and the troop has less than 10 life (no armor or modifying traits) and the troop ends up with 1 life left.

Uploading…

That’s an Acolyte who just dodged 26 damage. My Acolytes never do that.
Did he just bribe Jarl with 2 life?

The Orc bonus trait does not seem to be calculating. Example: max level purple Dark Song in a team of Drake Rider, Dark Song, Summoner, and Gar’Nok should have an attack of 18, not 14

Are you sure about 3 skull matches? AFAIK there’s a bug with Moloch’s 3rd trait, but it should only appear on 4+ matches.

1 Like

@GemsCollector has it right @BiteMe, Moloch’s Supression hasn’t been able to be fixed as yet, it’s been this way since March if I remember rightly. Even if you match three skulls at the same at as a 4+ mana match, you can get the same outcome as Supression is trying to minus the health point at the same time as the attack. This can happen multiple times on a troop with one HP left, I’ve seen it occur three times in a row, keeping the same attacked troop alive with it’s one health point. It’s a bug that I’ve taken for granted now. A direct 3 skull match or spell damage will finish off the troop, but it’s sometimes better to just keep the AI locked with extra turn matches :wink:

Hey @Nimhain, only just noticed this one as it probably wouldn’t occur that often.
Archer’s Bullseye, (15% chance for skull damage to be lethal), triggered from a hero troop that was entangled and had matched only three skulls.
I’m only guessing that Assassinate and Hunger may also be doing the same?
My apologies if this is a known issue.

1 Like

So it’s Moloch preventing the kills. Good to know. He’s fired.
Thanks

2 Likes

Not sure if this is already under investigation but probably related:

[IK] after resurrecting himself, he fails to activate his traits.

E.g. He no longer applies burning on skull dmg, despite the trait showing on the ‘resurrected’ (summoned?) troop.

N.b. This is when I’m playing with him on my team etc.

Do you guys have an E.T.A. on when Mab’s winter veil trait will start working again on iOS?

2 Likes

No ETA at the moment, we’re waiting on Apple.

1 Like

Ok. Thanks for the reply. Hopefully it will get sorted out soon.

2 Likes

I see the Level 15 Summon in Arena bug was carried over from the 2.0 list, and is still under investigation, but what about these two?

Both are still happening in 2.01, I can confirm that.

For Serve & Protect specifically, having just recently acquired and started using it, I’d like to add that it seems to have two different bugs, possibly interacting.

1/ Everything works as intended in three situations:

• If you have 4 troops total AND your Hero is already at the top when you cast it (Hero gets armor bonus, all other allies get Barrier).

• If you have 2 troops total, regardless of the Hero’s position (Hero gets armor bonus, the ally gets Barrier).

• If you have no other troop left, regardless of the Hero’s position (Hero gets armor bonus, no Barrier is given).

2/ It works bizarrely in two situations (that I know of):

• If you have 4 troops total BUT your Hero is in any other spot than the top when you cast it, the Hero gets the armor bonus and Barrier, the ally who takes the Hero’s former spot gets nothing and the other 2 allies get Barrier.

• If you have 3 troops total when you cast the spell, regardless of the Hero’s position, you give Barrier to only one ally, the Hero gets the armor bonus, and that’s it: the other ally gets nothing.

I know you have a ton of issues to fix in PVP and elsewhere, but I hope the above helps a bit squashing this one, and that those issues aren’t forgotten. Thanks for all your hard work.

(The most pressing bug in the Arena right now would still be the Level 15 Summons, as this makes already elite troops like Summoner, Giant Spider or Sacrificial Priest pretty brokenly OP - especially since they summon Level 15 troops even after you get them to 0 Magic! ^^).

2 Likes

The bug, when you cast color converter ( Valkyrie ), gems are not removed but AI gets turn instead, is still not fixed. Did happen to me twice this week and it’s pretty annoying.

We made some changes to try and help with this issue. Unfortunately the cause of the issue is hard to fix for everyone (the problem is similar to the old bug Dust Devil had when he first released). The actual COMPLETE & PROPER fix for this issue will require some code on the client to be rewritten to work in a different manner. It’s on our fix-list, but no ETA for that at the moment.

I’ve change the status to investigating.

2 Likes

Gasp!
New avatar!

8 Likes