Why Should I or ANYONE Support this Game Financially

I don’t know exactly what I want to say, but I think this kind of thread is the least productive we have right now.

It’s OK to be angry at GoW. It’s OK to play the game without paying, and it’s OK to explain why you’ve stopped paying if you’d normally pay regularly. I’m not saying a thread like this should be moderated. But I think they should be posted and discussed in moderation.

This thread is unfocused. If it had one particular game mechanic behind it, I’ve forgotten what that mechanic is. So like, what do the devs change to fix this thread? If they can’t figure that out, how do they change it so the thread goes away?

Even in great games, there are people who are angry about something. I haven’t played a game in 30 years that didn’t have at least one thread on a forum somewhere with a dogpile on its flaws. So a catch-all “the game is bad” thread never dies. It just updates itself to reflect whatever the current batch of problems are.

So I think priorities when posting should be to ask yourself if there is a thing about the game that could change and make you happy. Really search your soul.

If not, quit. Go find a game that makes you happy. Don’t fall prey to sunken costs. You don’t own anything in GoW, it’s going to be deleted when the game eventually dies. If your GoW friends don’t hang out with you post-GoW, they weren’t friends. Besides, you’ll make new friends.

If so, find threads about that thing and post in them. If there aren’t threads, make one. Make sure it’s really clear in the thread that the thing you want changed needs to be changed. Make sure there’s actually a reasonable suggestion for how it could be changed.

But try to avoid threads that are just “let’s collect as many angry people as possible and overall gripe about being mad”. They’re tempting and hard to avoid. Something about our brains draws us to them. But like a lot of things our survival instincts promote, they aren’t the best use of our time. Part of what makes humans great is the supposed ability to overcome instinct and make actual good decisions!

2 Likes