Things that make you angry while playing GoW

It’s better to use the Earth Fury for this raid for the reasons everyone put above.

It’s just too unpredictable with sometimes dust devils recharging too quickly or having two dust devils or a dust devil being replaced with a valraven.

Aside from that, zuul sniping the hero after all the buffs is another big risk.

1 Like

Yup. This is why I don’t really “dig” Sigil events or even Delves for that matter. I hate that it can turn lackluster troops into killing machine or at the very least something that really screws with the point of your team.

All these inflated stats do is make a game mode hard for its own sake. It’s not challenging in the sense of skill or strategy. It’s challenging in the sense that “if you get lucky, you win, if not, then better luck next time.”

Sadly, a lot of Gems of War has become about luck and RNG as of late. It was one thing before to get troops and such that way, but now it feels like it’s in everything: what troop you get, what pets you get and how many copies, what orb you get, if you get lucky before the AI or not every battle (in things like high level Raids and such), etc.

The reason I like thing like PvP is, baring some luck and RNG, you do have a good idea of whether you can win or not based on your skills/strategy as a player and how good your troops are. Raids and Invasions and such strip that away after a certain level. Then, it just becomes about who gets a lucky skulls drop first or who can fire their most powerful troop. And, in the case of ToD with Spirit Fox, it was almost guaranteed that by Turn 2, you were down to 3 troops. It sucks.

And, not only do things like ToD start to be about luck only after a certain point, you then need to buy/get Sigils for the “privilege” to try again. And, in the case of Invasions and ToD, if you don’t kill anything, you don’t get anything. At least in Raids, if you even do 50 damage to Zuul you get something more out of it than “better luck next time”.

1 Like

Here again to point out how annoying it is that the game lies to you about troop levels in delves. I confirmed today that the lvl 430 hoard buff, which happens to be the level of my Hall of Guardians delves at the moment, is only about 300 health and armor combined, whilst the boss room grants all enemies with well over 300 in armor AND health. At best, you get maybe half of the fortitude your enemies get, and that’s not counting the 80 attack and 20 magic against enemies that literally gain 80 magic at level 400 or so.

You only gain 1 stat per hoard level, while a troop can gain multiple stats per troop level

I’m just saying that maybe they could introduce a mode specific leveling system for your troops, rather than a gold fountain to dump into. It’s pretty bad that the enemies get arbitrary boosts and the only way to level it out is to pay up.

Yes current system is bad and unfair. The devs said theyre looking into it and hopefully they will adjust it in the near future

1 Like

Wait, they didn’t account for such a situation?
That’s hogwash! In any case, such task should not even trigger if it’s not possible to complete.

I believe theyve fixed this issue. If you have everything traited/leveled, this type of task wont show up

I get frustrated when every day someone asserts they should’ve been able to beat a level 500 Delve on release day and it’s unfair that they’re going to have to spend a lot of resources to beat a mode designed to last a year.

3 Likes

2 Likes

https://community.gemsofwar.com/uploads/short-url/qSlUM3iTRMroQxkuHRrnMfzBc5G.jpeg

And people say Dragon’s Eye doesn’t need nerfed huh?

There is a Lofty solution to the Dervish

Collecting last Raids/Invasion reward and getting an Major Orb of Growth makes me wanna destroy the whole house…

7 Likes

You can get other orbs from this??? :astonished:

Yes, if you get lucky.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Orbs of Wisdom too :laughing:

Oh look lambis bread, and more lambus bread…

Much appreciate having a troop pop up with glory.

However, Moa is not a BROWN mana troop and replaces a brown mana troop consistently enough that the « kill brown mana troops » event is taking me forever to complete on a holiday weekend when my family expects me to spend more quality time with them than with GoW. :frowning:

2 Likes

Losing to the very first room in a delve because the game decided to give the enemies perfect skull falling to nuke your vital troop in the front like The Great Maw. FUN(!) I hate the high level delves and this event doesn’t help with the mandatory climbing to get all the rewards.

Just lost the pargon fight in GW to a 6 hp left solo worldbreaker who infinilooped his spell getting enough magic sky drops to fill up to full mana and get a free turn EVERY TURN. I am really tempted to uninstall right now. I don’t think I’ve ever been this angry with the game.