The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

So given the 2 week mythic schedule, a possible timetable to get fully caught up might look something like this:

• Friday Sept 15: PC gets Merlantis kingdom, console gets Euryali
  • Monday Sept 18: PC gets Merlantis event, console gets Zaejin event
  • Friday Sept 22: console gets Merlantis
  • Monday Sept 25: PC gets Stormheim event; console gets Merlantis event + Wisp;
  • Friday Sept 29; console gets Yasmine’s chosen and is temporarily caught up on mythics;
  • Monday Oct 2: console gets 2 for 1 event with current PC event plus last week’s; From here on, console is caught up on event troops and all weekly events can be synchronized
  • Friday Oct 6: PC gets October mythic
  • Friday Oct 13: Console gets October mythic
  • Friday Nov 3: PC and console get November mythic
6 Likes

Have we seen confirmation that the kingdoms won’t get a synchro release? It seems like a really fast turnaround but I do notice that if mythics started on 9/22 instead of 9/15, we could still synch up on 11/3 with two week intervals. I do not remember seeing confirmation that server-side updates went live for console, but it they have, synchro releases do seem possible.

1 Like

No confirmation. All speculation. As far as I know, they haven’t even confirmed the next Kingdom release on PC will be this week.

1 Like

Bargain at 11250, my little pony cost me 500 vip chests + other misc crap. Eventually I think us end gamers with a daily 50 gem purchase will be able to craft around 3 or 4 mythics a year.

1 Like

Yup, that infernal bastard wiped out all my glory and gem keys too.

1 Like

@Saltypatra This needs to be said so I am just going to say it. The plan to synchronize everything was announced over a year ago, yes there have been stumbles but the end result will be better for everyone.

I know some of you are asking how and why that is, please allow me to explain.

When everything is in sync EVERYONE will benefit from it including the following :

First of all the players, no more catch up (that in itself is huge!).

Second the developers you may be asking why. This will be a huge win for them as the way things have been for sometime they have been having to code for two different versions of the game. This costs money and time lots of it! Only having to code the game once is a a huge WIN! With all platforms on the same code this means we can look forward to more frequent releases and updates and bugs can be addressed in a more timely manner. This in effect will allow them to respond to issues in a much more timely manner as ideally they won’t have to go check the code to make sure it isn’t an issue on console as well since it is all developed using Unity now.

I for one am excited about us fully being in sync even if that means for a very small period of time a few troops are pushed out a bit quicker.

Because of all the hard work of the devs we as console players able to reap the benefits of all their hard work.

You have my highest level of appreciation @Sirrian @Nimhain @Saltypatra @GoldPhoenix0 @Andrew @Lila36 @Ozball and anyone else on the development team I may have forgotten.

Thank you all for your hard work and dedication it means a lot to me.

Ghaleon

7 Likes

Sorry but I have to disagree. We are talking only about the Events so there should be small code involved (maybe no code at all). In the game files, a “release date” entry could be find. So, one can think that these entries are enough to automatically add new troops…
Actually, devs should follow 2 different schedules and take care to not do mistakes between them. So the only difference if the Events are synchronised is just that it will symplify how devs manage the Events.

If there are major issues you will still have to wait for a Console update which could ask more time than on PC…

It’s generally a good indicator to know if a kigndom/mythic is going to be released even if last time it wasn’t the case.

Took me a little while to sort through that screenshot on my phone screen, but that’s a good point. On console, we’ve had a few times lately where the chests changing indicated nothing. Mostly, I was referring to official confirmation, which will probably not come until end of day Thursday, if at all.

@turintuor
@Stan correct and is understating the Chest timer quite dramatically. I watch the chests and on Unity (console) the reset timer means next to nothing.

1 Like

That’s true, on pc a month or so ago the contents of gold chests were set to change on a Friday and there was no new kingdom once Friday came.

1 Like

Damn D2 is in maintenanxe now im forced to play gow lol

1 Like

Oh so the advantage of platforms being in sync is that… the platforms are in sync? Mindblowing.

I am not skilled in the way of coding but somehow I doubt that it will change that much the amount of work devs have to do. Certainly not to the point of increasing the frequency of updates.

What benefits do you reap? Can you share some? Unless the benefit is that we have to grind twice as much then you can take my benefits too.

@Saltypatra can you confirm if we will be getting the mythic trip Euryali tomorrow on console?

2 Likes

I think we are!

@Saltypatra ?

@Stan i checked on ashtender and we only missing Yasmine?

For mythics, yes. We still need Wisp, Fizzbang and Grapplepot. I’m out of town and don’t like to update the OP on my phone…

No prob so only 1 mythic in 2 week then and we back every month? It’s not as bad as i was thinking i thought we were short by 4 mythics

1 Like

PC will get a new one in two weeks too. We won’t have a month between them until November. Still, not so bad.

Yeah but they could also delay pc for 2 weeks and release them all similtaneously and it wouldn’t hurt us so much

2 Likes