The (Un)Official Console Weekly Event Thread 3 (No further updates)

He also posted this in the middle of the repeated MS/Sony rejections, I think it was months before they got that chat update through.

1 Like

Console will always receive patches a little later, but we should be in sync for weekly events.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if you have received personal information directly from the developers that updates will always a little later, forever and ever. But I personally play many other games that are updated regularly on both PC and Console(s) on the same day, and at around the same exact time of day. Even smaller development houses like iOi (Hitman) can pull this off updating PC & Console(s) simultaneous every single month with their small skeleton ā€œlive teamā€ while the vast majority of developers works on new content yet of the yet to be released ā€œSeason 2ā€.

I think with the Gems team gaining experience handling console updates over the last few months the developers are increasing their competency to pull this off. Could just be that Iā€™m a glass is half-full type of person. You might have forgotten but they had a incredibly difficulty time trying to get their very first update certified last year with multiple rejections, and delays. (Previously another team handled it for them). Please think about this before you blindly copy/paste Sirrians comments posted during the peak of not being able to the console chat update approved on console for months at the time, and being frustrated at that.

Gems only updates about every other month or so, its not that frequentā€¦

One of the devs said console patches will always lag, and salty liked my commentā€¦

Other companies might not deploy patches until all platforms are updated.

Weā€™ll be getting new content the same time as pc/mobile. Events, new kingdoms, mythic of the week, glory bundles all in sync! Well, thatā€™s their plan. Getting a patch before us will probably only effect bug fixes.

I donā€™t get secret dev info, but I do read between the lines on some dev posts.

Yeah i know you took a little break from the game i was not sure if you missed that post

1 Like

To catch up in the next month would require a major departure in tactics.

Brief timeline:
Early October 2016: 44 troops behind
Mid January 2017: 36 troops behind
End April 2017: 26 troops behind

Not really. 8 of those are Suncrest and 6 are the new GW troops. weā€™re only 5 or 6 events behind and theyā€™re giving us 2 or 3 events worth every week. The only snag will be Mythics, which Nim addressed above.

2 Likes

Are we assuming that the update sent to Microsoft/Sony includes unreleased PC troops?

Console update does include many of the unreleased PC Troops.

As I mention loooooooooooong time ago, we learnt back in December that we needed to plan about 3 months in advance so we could sync console content releases with the PC/ Mobile releases.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s great, thank you for the confirmation.

Hoping they all work as planned and there are no issues releasing them.

Updated original post for this weekā€™s events. For anyone that didnā€™t notice in the console event thread, they released the same troop (Bone Scorpion) simultaneously on PC/Mobile and Console, so that one was on my ā€œtroops to comeā€ list for all of about 30 minutes. Mind blown.

P.S. Silvermaiden and Archdruid should hit chests after rollover.

3 Likes

Could release a mythic every 3 weeks and increase the drop rate by 33%ā€¦ or one every 2 weeks and double the drop rate.

1 Like

Original post updated for this weekā€™s events. No real catch-up this week, but the devs are probably holding off until the 3.0 patch is approved before they over-commit with new troops.

1 Like

Yep, pure speculation of ā€˜reading the tea leavesā€™. But The fact we only got 1 Troop (not counting Spring Imp) probably means

1. They have not head anything back yet
  2. Bad news
1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s bad news. They only have one 2.2 event left to give us, so itā€™s fine to be a little cautious. I like that we get Spring Imp for glory as I wasnā€™t getting her from chests.

6 Likes

I would also like to see Dark Troll and void portal in glory bundle

4 Likes

Forgot to mention that Incubus, Dark Monolith and Shadowblade should be in chests now.

I watched my wife disenchant 88 extra copies of Incubus last night before the rollover. Where did they all come from? She canā€™t have bought that many with glory. Were they in chests all this time?

Iā€™ve got x52 past Mythic. I think they must have come from the Blighted Lands Event trying to get Dark Monolith?

1 Like

That makes sense. I had a few over mythic, but she must have had rotten luck during that event.

@Stan do you know if the update include the bigger pvp pool ?