(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Nah man.
The devs in their infinite wisdom are gonna add the delve trait that makes all the troops immune to Lycanthropy so that EoE is still viable for runs. And the room will be available automatically in every delve second room. :joy:

1 Like

Taransworld shows Huanglong for this coming Friday, but Salty showed Vernalis on stream. Any ideas which one it will be? Thanks!

Reminds me of the Maugrim Woods faction, I’m tending towards Huanglong. :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Huanglong
Deal [Magic+1] damage to all Enemies. Then there are individual 50% chances to gain [Magic+1] Attack, gain an extra turn, and gain Barrier, Enchanted or Blessed.

I believe this is the first time a troop uses ‘individual’ chances - are ‘individual’ chances somehow different from ‘independent’ chances, the phrase previously used for troops and weapons?

I wouldn’t think so. Looks like another case of de-unification to me.

A troop that has “independent” chances went through internal QA. A troop that has “individual” chances did not.

/s

Honestly, this one isn’t a huge deal to me. It’s not really a keyword that you’d use to filter troops, so it’s just a little irritating for people who like consistency.

I believe Salty mentioned in Wednesday’s PQ stream that she will be previewing the correct mythic today with the faction preview. Should be HuangLong in a few days.

Yeah, she’s showing off Huanglong right now. Fantastic troop

What’s good about it?

I, personally, really like what it brings. Huge skull damage reduction, doesn’t Mana block Mace of Claws or use red, so it isn’t a massive detriment to have it up front and actually benefit from the 70% armor. And the scaling magic trait pairs well with Dragon guard, giving a massive damage bonus. Huang, Mace, Divinia, and whatever random dragon you want on bottom with either supportive traits or that uses the overflow of red or purple from mace. Eventually will use the Mana start legendary when it comes out in the next month or so.

Will it be Guild Wars meta? Probably not, but it’s still effective enough to be used often enough to keep me engaged with the game and not be bored with the same teams all the time. I used the enchanted Beetrix team for quite a while, but it was getting stale… Then Ironhawk came out, and I’ve gotten back into playing PvP again using a mech team, because a new (useful!) mythic reinvigorated my enjoyment.

6 Likes

The faction weapon for the Dripping Cavern faction on Friday is still assigned to Karakoth, I’m beginning to wonder whether that will get fixed. :thinking:

I would love to see them not fix it just so I can watch the board get outraged over it.

Kind of makes you wonder which is sadder.
The people who get “enraged over a video game”.
Or the people who are entertained due to the “enraged” words of folks upset over a video game.

Don’t get me wrong, watching adults throw tantrums in a video format can be entertaining. But just seeing complaints on the internet is literally 90% of the internet… you don’t have to work hard to find that source of entertainment.

So your contributions of pointing out that people will complain when the devs frank shit up. Is like telling us that the sky is blue or that 505 Games likes money…thanks for the reminder I guess. :person_shrugging:

I sincerely appreciate your support the other day on a thread that I meant zero harm in with what is 100% a troll here. So though this post may seem offensive it’s really not my aim.
I just read your statement. Have a “complaint” about why I’m reading it in regards to it in spoilers. Then in my own head realize I’ve reached some sort of meta where I’m about to complain, to do a dude who says he enjoys when people complain. Then my head hurt and here we are.
I really don’t intend to have a discussion on the matter. Specially not on this thread. Nor in a DM. So please take my advice or leave it basically.

3 Likes

I just like laughing at people who cry over stupid crap like video games. Not sure why you had to write up a whole article but whatever floats your boat. The way I see it: if people are going to cry over stupid crap then I don’t see why I can’t laugh at them

2 Likes

Ooooh, new stuff! :drooling_face:

There’s two new Maugrim Woods mythics in spoilers:

• Hatir Ascendant: Create 5 Green Gems. Then convert all Green Gems to Lycanthropy Gems. Summon 1-3 Winter Wolves.
  • Skroll Reborn: Create 5 Yellow Gems. Then convert all Yellow Gems to Lycanthropy Gems. Summon 1-3 Wargs.

And Hatir & Skroll got a new spell: Convert all Green Gems to Lycanthropy Gems, and all Yellow Gems to Doomskulls. Summon a Winter Wolf or Warg.

3 new mythics in next campaign? Hatir & Skroll craftable with orbs of power and requiring the two others? :thinking:

Also, Lycanthropy Gems? Oh, lovely :sweat_smile:

1 Like

We got partial kingdom order for campaign 5

Ghulvania
Urskaya
Glacial Peaks
Adana
Forest of Thorns

ending in Maugrim Woods.

weeks 6-9 TBD

1 Like

If both also need 8 power orbs each, this is a very bad joke!

This…might be my breaking point.

We’ll see if it’s bad enough for me to quit the game a second time, but it ain’t lookin’ good, Tater :confused:

1 Like

I may be, and likely am, totally wrong but I am imagining Lycanthropy gems to inflict transform on match. Colored gems give mana, skulls do damage, and now lycanthropy gems transform the first troop.

This could be an interesting new mechanic if done well. All lycanthropy bugs need to be fixed first obviously. This may place a higher importance on troops that can kill an ally and summon.

Though this could also break the game in terms of team syngery. If the gems show up too often where long fights practically guarantee being transformed, delves could become a nightmare.

Basically, I am curious about this new mechanic, but the devs should be careful of backlash like what we saw over the past few days. If this completely changes gameplay, it can’t be bugged.

Emphasis mine (also sorry for the rewrite — I don’t know how to strikethrough on the forum, and I don’t have the time to figure it out right now).

But seriously — if Lycanthropy invades every match, I’m out. I have NO desire to play a game where every fight becomes an endless slot machine, or the only way to have strategy is the avoiding of said slot machine (and how, if the gems proliferate on the board?), not to mention how much slower many fights will be if troops are being healed through transformations and stoof.

4 Likes