(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I hope so. I get into an odd funk after the preview … It’s like the game feels out of date to me. I really look forward to the new content.

2 Likes

I see that the taransworld spoilers updated to reflect that Mecha Gnome will release this weekend. Any word on what it is actually going to drop?

My supply of Vault Keys! *rimshot*

6 Likes

He will drop ingots.

1 Like

He’s going to drop “Epic” Ingots.

Is this a good change? I’m not crazy about removing strategic options. Especially since Zuul has Impervious (and barriers are already pretty easy to deal with).

And as an FYI for you poor Zuul-less peasants, player Zull already pierced barrier to kill.

3 Likes

I interpreted Salty’s statement the other way: we’ll see a difference for how this troop functions between 4.5 and 4.6, so we won’t get 4.6 until after Dullahan.

I can see how it can be taken to mean Dullahan is released before 4.6 though. Also, last time I commented about a patch release, I got something completely wrong so… chances are it’ll be released this week.

2 Likes

if the patch is delayed, I think we’ll get a different troop than Dullahan. The 50 / 50 kill first enemy or ally, with barrier protecting your ally (hello Titan hero) is a bit much…

Difficulty contains Level 11 troops, we saw that on stream.

Vague paraphrase of one of the Q&A dev streams:

Sirrain: “We know you are asking for a better income of Epic Ingots, but we don’t want to add the ability to break them down in the Soulforge, but we’ll look into ways to inject them into the economy.”

Nimhain: “Like a Mecha Gnome”

Sirrain: “Haha yeah!”

A couple days later Mecha Gnome pops up on Taran’s World. It’s pretty obvious that it was added directly for the purpose of improving Epic Ingot income.

1 Like

new spoilers up

The faction after Stormheim is Urskaya with +2 Red +1 Green -1 Blue (kinda lame that its -blue as Wild Court was +2 Green +1 Red -1 Blue)

lots of troops revealed, but nothing detailed.

Drifting Sands Mythic and Pridelands Mythic are the next two after Forest of Thorns.

2 Likes

Faction name for Urskaya is very possibly Werewoods.

Hahaha I sure hope this is true

Based on the id (3068) it is indeed Werewoods.

1 Like

And Werewoods’ bonus pet seems to be Sir Ted.

Spoiler time! I like to think people like my writeups, please tell me if you do.

TROOPS

• Mecha Gnome is set to release Friday, October 18th! Rejoice, the Ingots are here!

• Algorak the Godslayer is a Mist of Scales Godslayer, spell TBD.

• Amaru is a Mist of Scales bounty hunter, again spell TBD

• Beastmaster Torben is an upcoming Faction legendary for Werewoods, unknown spell and traits. The other Faction troops are Werecat, Werebird, and Werebear.

• Bullserker is a Wild Plains Ultra-Rare, spell TBD.

• Captain Macaw is an upcoming Legendary from Blackhawk, spell and traits TBD but it sounds fun.

• The DandyLion is a Forest of Thorns Beast Epic, spell and traits TBD.

• Faemark is an Epic from Forest of thorns. Presumably either this or the Dandylion will be a Guild event troop, either Godslayer or Siegebreaker.

• First Mate Axelubber is an upcoming Epic from Blackhawk.

• Genie Queen is an Elemental Mystic from the Drifting Sands. The spell is TBD, but the troop role is Support. My datamining wasn’t able to find info on the trait.

• Gravitas is an Epic Divine/Knight from Whitehelm, spell TBD.

• Kobra is a Naga Mystic from Mist of Scales, spell TBD.

• Merknight is an Ultra-Rare from Merlantis, spell TBD.

• Nereida is an Epic from Merlantis, spell TBD.

• Queen Moonclaw is a Legendary Wargare/Mystic from Wild Plains, unique trait and spell TBD.

• Rubitressa is a Siegebreaker from Pan’s Vale.

• Satyr Hunter is a Wildfolk Ultra-Rare from Pan’s Vale. Spell TBD but it has the Generator role.

• Umeneith is a Mythic Green/Red/Brown troop from the Pridelands. We’re two for two on the Green/Red/Brown troops being really powerful (Ketras and TINA) so here’s hoping.

• The mana cost of Doppleganger (the upcoming Faction Rare) has changed from 9 to 11. The name is still spelled wrong.

• The Mirror Queen’s damage boost ratio got buffed, it now deals 8 more damage for each ally with Reflect. It will deal about 8 more damage, to about 56 with a full team of Reflect.

• A bunch of other upcoming troops got minor stat changes.

WEAPONS

• A bunch of mana colors and roles got set for upcoming and existing weapons, mostly for the “mixers”.
  • A couple typo fixes.

CLASSES

• We now have the Archmagus’s traits. The name and description don’t exist yet but my datamining has revealed that the effect is “Gain 2 bonus Purple Mana when matching Purple Gems.” I rate this class at A-Tier, having such a useful trait on a hero class with access to Mana Source, Lighting Strike, Plaguebearer, and Sudden Doom is quite a deadly package.

TL;DR

• Mecha Gnome this Friday
  • An upcoming Blackhawk legendary, Captain Macaw.
  • An upcoming Werewoods Faction, led by Beastmaster Torben.
  • An upcoming Mythic, Genie Queen.
  • An upcoming Mythic, Umeneith.
  • The Archmagus hero class has Corsair’s trait but Purple.

P.S. Imagine if Warden got Corsair’s trait but Green…

33 Likes

I do, @EliteMasterEric! That’s why I :heart: your posts :slight_smile:

Anyone who wants to say the same should like the post to avoid cluttering the thread, as I’m sure there are at least a dozen other people who feel the same :hugs:

1 Like

Thanks @Magnusimus! :blush:

One aside, I finally figured out what the Genie Queen’s Trait does: “30% chance to summon a Djinn on 4 or more Gem matches”

So really a worse Queen Xochi trait…

Ugh. That’s probably the one trait I didn’t want to see on Archmagus. Didn’t want to have to decide on +1 Purple Mana or Lightning Strike on Champion Level 70. Now I’m mostly obligated to go Frostmage unless I really wanted Purple.

Class Talents need a complete rework. Overused and uninspired talents are breaking the immersion. Such a shame. If properly done, they could elevate the game. Sadly, the way this is going, we will probably get Talents above Level 100, which would be very disgraceful.

2 Likes