(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

In any case it’s another trait with effects matching Brown gems iI think it goes well with teams that deal True damage or traits that can ignore armor on Skulls.

His colors are odd, i was nearly sure he was/would be Green, Purple and Brown…

I was quite disappointed with this reformulation in the “Just a Bite” trait of the High King Irongut. He is definitely a mythical creature with a trait similar to the legendary ones like Yao Guai and Nimue. If it is for the rebalanced trait, it is worth using the legendary ones mentioned (even because it is better to use Yao Guai and Nimue than some mythical ones in the game).

Timetable of Pets to level 20

Already - Whitehelm - Peace Pigeon
02/01/2019 Mist of Scales - Snakelet
03/11/2019 Forest of Thorns - Auraio or Twigant
03/22/2019 Darkstone - Trogpole
04/15/2019 Sword’s Edge - Griffling (or War Corgi)

7 Likes

I think Irongut’s lacklustre 3rd trait is counterbalanced by his targetted-devour-and-an-extra-turn spell, which is guaranteed once he passes 100 attack (i.e, after 1 devour or buff).

1 Like

Thanks to you for the info about Zuul’Goth. I removed Karakoth from the list and added Leonis Empire, somehow forgot the new class :slight_smile:

Where was it ever said Zuul’Goth was getting replaced and moved to Apocalypse? If they really wanted to, they could have move ZG already.

Sirrian said Karakoth would get a regular Mythic in a stream. The Apocalypse part is speculation i believe.

2 Likes

Two things are not connected at all. Another Mythic from Karakoth was promised - one more affordable than Zuul’Goth. But it is not a cause to change Zuul’Goth’s kingdom.

The point of the “replacement” Karakoth mythic was to allow normal players to eventually reach Kingdom Power 10, without Zuul’Goth. (Looked for the clip and couldn’t re-find it in past dev Q&As regarding moving him to Apocalypse). Despite the comment on the last stream about the masses being able to craft Zuul eventually, I don’t buy for a second that Orbs of Power will ever be made that common.

Beyond that, it would be illogical to keep to Zuul in Karakoth, keeping with the one mythic per kingdom policy. The only logical place would be to move him to Apocalypse.

But, the devs could buck that trend just for Karakoth (and minimize the havoc with the carefully placed roadblocks post 10-stars to just one kingdom). So, I will concede that the Apocalypse comment is technically speculation, as I can’t find that clip again.

In one of their past Q&As, they had a desire to make 2 mythics per kingdom. We’re nearing that point right now.

How long ago was that? EDIT: I see your link. I spent half an hour skimming through that stream. /grumble

Yeah, that stream was discussing things pre-Underworld, especially with the notes from the post you linked.

At this point, I think the plan has shifted to “move mythics to the Underworld once all of the Overworld kingdoms have a mythic”.

However, after the 4th anniversary stream, I’m now heavily leaning in the direction of Underworld mythic-likes being treated a similar way as Doomed weapons are alternate-Underworld-mythic weapons. They’re going to rewrite the rules on acquiring whatever they call the “Underworld Mythic” rarity of troops once all the Overworld kingdoms have a mythic.

He should steal 5 attack per brown match

Hi all, a few spoiler changes just happen (mostly on troops but a couple on weapons and pets).

3 Likes

Qilin:
Spell Description: Transform Purple Gems to Red and Brown to Skulls. Bless 2 random Allies.

ahaha… well at least we’re finally getting a brown to skulls troop.

But is it blue

2 Likes

Just noticed the Wild Plains hero now does:
Trait #3: Bullish Vigor
All Allied Tauros start battles with 50% Mana.

That’s a bit better I guess

Honestly with the roller coaster of simultaneously being both happy and disappointed with recent patches any little thing matters. While a soon to drop mythic is currently another infernus groupie sucking off him like a leech to be potentially useful, as far as this change,

tumblr_lgedv2Vtt21qf4x93o1_40020110725-22047-38imqt

Let’s do a theory crafting for next year’s Faction!

February - Fang Moor

Linked Kingdom

• Mist of Scale (?)

Banner

• Saurus Banner : +2 :gem_red: / +1 :gem_blue: / -1 :gem_brown:

Pet

• Rattlebone

Weapon

• Bloodthirsty Axe (15 Blue/Red)
    Deal [Magic +4] damage to the first 2 Enemies, and inflict Bleeding.

Troops

• Horned Asp (Rare 10 Purple/Red)
    Deal [Magic +4] splash damage to an Enemy. Inflict Poison and Bleed on all Enemies hit by my spell.
    Traits : Razor Teeth (Inflict Bleed when doing Skull damage) / Deep Magic / Swift

• Setauri (Ultra-Rare 11 Blue/Red)
    Create 6 Skulls, boosted by Bleeding Enemies. Inflict Bleed on a random Enemy. [2x]
    Traits : Deep Shield / Razor Teeth / Tough Scales

• Shaman of Set (Epic 13 Blue/Green)
    Choose a Color. Create Red Gems equal to the number of Gems of that color. Inflict Bleed on a random Enemy. [1x]
    Traits : Deep Vitality / Razor Teeth / Water Heart

• Chief Dargon (Legendary 16 Red/Yellow)
    Give [Magic +1] Attack to myself, and all Allies below me. Explode a Row.
    Trait : Razor Teeth / Tough Scales / Deep Wounds (Inflict Bleed on a random enemy on Red Gem matches)

That’s a lot of Bleed : Deals True Damage at the beginning of each turn based on the amount of Bleed applied (Max 4 Stacks). So it’s just an upgrade of poison. Faction team seem to be a skull-based tactic again, with lots of unreliability: randomly create skulls and gems. Why can’t they just be simple transformer…?

March - Dark pit

Linked Kingdom

• Bright Forest (?)

Banner

• Rat Banner : +2 :gem_brown: / +1 :gem_green: / -1 :gem_blue:

Pet

Joust Mouse

Mayb this one?

Weapon

• Pit Knife (15 Brown/Green)
    Deal [Magic +6] damage to the last enemy, and Curse and Mana Drain them

Troops

• Rattigar (Rare 10 Brown/Green)
    Deal [Magic +1] damage to 2 random Enemies, and inflict a random status effect on each of them.
    Traits : Cursed Touch (Inflict Curse when dealing Skull damaged) / Deep Vitality / Swift

• Plague Rat (Ultra-Rare 12 Green/Red)
    Explode [Magic +1] Brown Gems. Poison and Disease 2 random enemies.
    Traits : Cursed Touch / Deep Vitality / Impervious

• Hex Rat (Epic 13 Brown/Purple)
    Deal [Magic +2] damage to an Enemy, and all Enemies below them. If the Enemy is Cursed, deal double damage to them and Death Mark them.
    Traits : Cursed Touch / Deep Magic / Shock

• Sledgepaw (Legendary 16 Brown/Yellow)
    Destroy a 5x5 block of Gems. Inflict Cursed, Stun and Bleed on the first enemy.
    Trait : Deep Strength / Armored / Mutant Regeneration (Recover 6 Life at the start of each turn)

Now it’s all about Cursed : Resets and reduces the recovery chance of Status Effects. Status Effects, Devour, Mana Burn, and Mana Drain will also ignore any Trait immunities. They’re quite weak, with only Epic who got some semi-AoE potential. Legendary’s mega explosion-style is quite interesting, but it still do no damage whatsoever. Lucky Deathmark trigger is the key here?!

You better ask: “Why can’t you guys actually spend time making good troops?”
It’s no rocket science at all to design a group of four troops with good sinergy.

The Legendary troop on the second faction is beyond pathetic, we have Ultra-rares better than that…

This looks like a major upgrade of the Flame Troll for one more mana, and different color.

The Trolls don’t really double the number of gems, do they? I think when I slowed the animation and watched, some gems landed on top of existing gems of the same color. So if there’s 10 red gems before you cast Flame Troll, I think 10 red gems are created but it’s likely some will land on red gems, giving you less than 20 before matching. If that’s right, then this new troop isn’t worse with its “equal to the number of Gems” instead of double. And of course it’s better for the choice of color and bleed.