(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Great, waited for an update with this focus so lang - dont forget some new trophies / achievements :wink:

1 Like

Just realized Nimue and the faction troop coming up Alderfather do the same color gem conversions. They masked it by having Nimue say “Transform Yellow Gems to Skulls and Red Gems to Purple.” while Alderfather says Transform Red Gems to Purple and Yellow to Skulls.

They even have the same troop color (green/purple) and both cast at 18 mana.

Disappointing =/

We also need a 2 color converter that turns Brown to Skulls at some point.

6 Likes

Saying the devs masked it gives them too much credit. It’s more likely that the variation in wording is the same consistency bugbear we’ve been complaining about for a while, than it is that this was an attempt to conceal an unpopular spell effect.

Edit: the overwhelming similarity makes me think one of them is getting a new spell, though. So this probably won’t last till release.

2 Likes

Yeah, we better “kill/slay/execute/annihilate/obliterate/destroy-and-can’t-be-regenerated/move-to-the-graveyad/bury” this theory before it becomes a rumor…

1 Like

I figured Alderfather’s spell was an early draft and would have been fixed by the time it was slated for release but as we still have this version at this point, so close to when it is scheduled to go live, this is more than likely the version we are going to get. We occasionally usually see numbers tuning, but rarely full color revamps. Double Converters still have so many specific color combinations with zero representation that we don’t need to repeating this set twice. We still lack, for example, any double converter that uses blue as one of its colors (unless you count Bastite Priestess, which I don’t) or any double converter that specifically converts brown to skulls, and we are heavy stacked on yellow-to-skulls and just anti-yellow in general. For example, Alderfather/Nimue both convert out the same color gems that Glaycion does.

Still really hoping something changes before this goes live, because I know it is pretty much impossible afterwards. Speaking honestly, it probably makes more sense for Nimue’s non-Merfolk-synergistic color converts and or usages to change than something designed to fit in such a narrow band as a delve team, but it would also be pretty obnoxious if Nimue were “good”.

6 Likes

Technically there is Sekhma - but I get the larger point and agree. Need more of these using different colors!

I meant use as in, has that as one of their mana colors. Glaycion was slated to be the first blue-using double-converter, but had that color changed before release. But also pretty far before release, which is why I don’t think this one will change.

1 Like

Does anyone know when we will get Update 4.2? And any news in the guild system? I’ve been traveling and lost the last Stream. I’m curious and lost. Thanks in advance. :no_mouth:

Salty said before Christmas on Monday’s stream.

EDIT: bad info about 4.2 timing removed from post.

Wait. I thought we had Phoenicia first, then the 4.2 preview stream. Did that change, or did I misread Salty’s post somewhere?

Next week is the Pheonicia stream. The 4.2 preview is the following week.

3 Likes

Returning to hero classes: in earlier spoilers Arcane stones for Warpriest were Arcane Storm ones. Now I can see that bonus weapon for the class has blue color, and class bonus is yellow, which gives us Arcane Blade stones. Am I right? And Sentinel will need Arcane Forest stones, won’t it? I’d like to see such info explicitly in the “Classes” spoiler page.

new status effects

• Blessed
    Blessed Troops are Impervious to all negative Status Effects, Devour, Mana Burn, and Mana Drain.

• Cursed
    Resets and reduces the recovery chance of Status Effects. Status Effects, Devour, Mana Burn, and Mana Drain will also ignore any Trait immunities.

• Bleed
    Deals True Damage at the beginning of each turn based on the amount of Bleed applied (Max 4 Stacks).

13 Likes

new achievements

• Colonel Muster’d
    Unlock 300 Troops

• The Land Down Under
    Unlock 5 Factions

• People Know Me
    Reach 5,000 Total Underworld Renown

9 Likes

Definitely hope its retro and works properly.

“Blessed” and “Cursed” reminded me Warlords III: DLR immediately. By the way, will “Cursed” cancel Bless?

Are these reworked versions of what Cat Sith and Spirit Fox have (Blessed, Cursed?) or a new Blessed and Cursed?

Well that will need a better name, or the Blessed trait will. Also, I wonder if this will also stop insta-kills, transforms, all other silly cheesiness…

Surely it would have been better to rework Poison to do this… but I guess that wouldn’t sell the new powercreep troops…

Good luck with these everyone :smiley:

2 Likes

I am hoping that poison will work like this also. Stacking up to 4 times (or more!) with a 50% chance each time to lose a point of life each turn.

They didn’t went with my old suggestion to make Bleed trigger on actions (spells or skulls from the first troop). But well, Bleed opens some opportunities for exploiting effects and reworks of some old troops.

Rhynax and Sabertooth Lion are good candidates to cause Bleed with their spells just to be more thematic and possibly enable sinergies of other troops.