(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

You may be right. I was interpreting this as, ultimately, a replacement for Guild Wars, which is why I assumed we would see all six colors weekly.

After i saw the SS i still think it’s raid/invasion clone

1 Like

In fact it’s just Interface which is similar to Invasion, Raid Boss, Bounty, Faction, and Class. The event itself, from what has already been said, functions as the Delves system, but in team.

5 Likes

By far it seems the most exciting event. It’s a shame that we probably have creatures with a “Doomkiller” trait that will only serve this event (like creatures with trait Siegebreaker) and weapons, even if they are created for this event, may be interesting when improved.
For me, I believe that the most important thing is the fun and in this case, we will need a very big joint work of the guilds, much more than in Invasion and Raid Boss. I am anxious and with guns in hand. My troops and I do not see the time to shed the blood of these enemies over the battlefield.

Where can I get one? I need one for my collection!

Wild%20Plains2

PS: The devs still have plenty of time to ruin… ahem… i mean,to make changes in this troop to be on the same (:poop:) level of all other troops on the kingdom. And since we don’t know the boost ratio, it could be 0.0158 : 70:neutral_face:

4 Likes

It took you a while :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

All part of my plans for this joke. The gif should be longer, but there is a size limit for what we can upload…

1 Like

@nav037 Do you already have the background of Tower of Doom?

2 Likes

As I mentioned on stream, Tower of Doom will be another way to earn gems. We wanted to introduce it as a game mode to break up raid and invasion. Also, it shouldn’t be as stressful as Guild Wars, as it is a collaborative instead of competitive mode of play.

9 Likes

after update

I loved. I already like Delves, so being able to enjoy this system in a cooperative way is perfect. It will be fantastic.

Perfect I’ll be waiting. I asked the other day about some icons. Do you have them too?

You mean we can earn some of the gems back after spending gems for energy, right?

13 Likes

I’m getting the impression you seriously underestimate how competitive a global guild leaderboard that hands out placements rewards tends to turn out.

1 Like

The end ranking of the guilds is competitive, yes. But you are not competing within the guild for placement, and there is no need to min/max every single fight for the best score. Further, a player may not need every single sigil if their guild has already mapped the floors. So a loss isn’t as damning as it is in Guild Wars, since you just do a little bit less exploring on top of defeating Dooms.

I buy the argument that this mode should be less stressful than Guild Wars.

1 Like

I don’t really see how this is any different than the GW leaderboard in that regard. You lose a fight, you lose a sigil, you lose points in the leaderboard, or not?

My understanding (which may be mistaken) was that only defeating Dooms or Ultimate Dooms earned points. So battles that are not against Dooms don’t help with the leaderboard. They do, however, award scrolls that can be very useful for the player or the guild, up to and including free points on the leaderboard.

So every sigil is part of the progress in earning LB points then.
I have no doubt that the guilds that kick players for scoring under 50k in GW, will be just as prickly about players losing sigils in this mode.

I hope it will deliver on that promise. It sure would be nice to be able go after as many pts as possible in ToD, and still end the week with a positive gem balance.

2 Likes