(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I personally hate getting disease, depending on my team it completely wrecks my combos. I usually play Deep Borer/Ragnagord/Infernus/HIghforge as my go-to team for everything and for whatever reason, the enemies just love to disease Ragnagord; he’s 100% priority disease target in all battles. And I just know that even when he explodes stuff, I can forget getting Infernus filled. Every. Single. Time.

That said, though, the 8%-kill-on-4-match mythic is nuts. Only saving grace it has is that it’s not a green Mana user to abuse Yasmine’s spell, but then again, there’s trolls and others who will work easily enough even without it being a Yasmine-combo-troop.

I’m all for having my whole team diseased and matching 4 to one shot the enemy team. But you know, nerf Ubastet. Dude needed at least SOME mana, all this new thing needs is a 4 match.

Wait.

The match 4 sometimes doesn’t give an extra turn… because the game is broken… so…

ILLUMINATI! The devs did this to see the backlash of the concept, since it won’t work anyways because the game is broken. AHAHAHA!

Another example of how unfairly Ragnagord gets treated. The Ragnagord Appreciation and Preservation Society will not stand for it!

4 Likes

Well, I would indeed appreciate you do something about it. :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, Ragnagord will work well with Megavore, despite the colorblock. In fact, there’s potential like
Rock Troll
Ragnagord
Ubastet/Infernus
Megavore
for red day. Also pretty sure something can be done for brown day; if Megavore is used like Mab, mainly for its trait and the devour-block of Kraken in last slot, then just slap Diviner in first spot as a converter for Ubastet/Infernus and you have a brown day team.

In the same tone, if only used as trait-troop, a team with Yasmine remains viable.
Forest Troll/Rock Troll
Loyalty
Yasmine
Megavore
Would totally work. Has less survivability than Forest Troll/Loyalty/Yasmine/Aurora and a bit less gem spam to keep the loop up, but changing Loyalty for Aurora seems unwise in terms of filling possibilities. Also Megavore will be a second damage dealer, even if not a stellar one, and again get rid of the devour weakness of the Aurora-team against Kraken/Mab teams, which tend to murder loop teams because of the freeze anyway.

1 Like

Disease would be fine in a vacuum, the problem is that we got Silence first and we all know that it is waaaay stronger while doing everything the other does.

1 Like

Disease is absolutely fine and a trait auto applying it on purple matches is quite good, surely better then several other mythic troop traits currently.
Yes silence is better, which is why a trait auto applying it on x-matches would just break the game and hopefully never gets introduced…we dodged that bullet once.

6 Likes

Yeah, that unreleased third trait of Bard that silence random troop on 4/5 gems matches, which quickly changed to buffing yellow instead, a mythic trait of Scorpius/Champion of Anu. It’s also a bit of a mistake, consider that stacking 4x color buff will never happened for yellow troops. And changing it to “steal 3 attack from top enemy troop at the start of every turn” would be too late now.

As for the Disease status effect, I put it on the same group of spell-delaying effect (along with Web and Silence). Silence is the best, but its weakness is it enable troop under it to fill up faster, unlike Disease, in which if the whole enemy teams is affected, it will be hard to collect more mana. Web is difference in that mana is still flowing as usual, but no one would want to cast spells from webbed troops. So all 3 status effect could help you casting spell faster before they can counter.

So I agree that Disease on normal 3-gem match is quite powerful, especially in the Magnus team.

1 Like

You mean like they would never add a trait to deathmark on 4+ matches? They weren’t crazy enough to do it after how broken it was. Give them some cre… who the heck is megavore?
Oh no. Yea I’d rather take a silence on 4+ than instakill as silence you can prevent to begin with or cleanse with a wide variety of options. Nothing stops destroy currently.

I have voiced my opinion about the Megavore trait in this thread a bit further up. To spare you the scrolling, with just an 8% chance i think most games it won’t do much, whenever it does for the AI though it’ll be infuriating for sure, i find it dumb and rather not have something like it in the game.
However i would rather have the 8% chance for instantkill on x-match trait than a 100% silence on x-match trait if i had to choose between the two, call it personal preference.
The game would be better off without either.

2 Likes

If the devs are going “Kaiju” with this stuff why not make a decent Mythic Monster to work out with the other monsters out there? We could even have Legendary/Mythic Monster Slayer Mech, and maybe some Monsters Slayer soldiers/hunters in other kingdoms…

Oh right… that would require reworks and buff for the other monsters and maybe actual creative meetings to make the Mythic in the first place. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

True, and I do understand the argument in that favor given how potent silence is. While the best silence counter is mythic, silence to me still has more responses than megavore’s traits atm. If he lost stun protection or we got a trait that stops destruction or lethal damage, then that would be better than the potentially bad situation we may find ourselves in.

The other point I was attempting to make is, the devs may very well add silence on X match as we voiced the problem with deathmark, then it got drastically changed and a large portion of the troops gained immunity to it. Based on precedent this may happen with silence as now we may be getting a troop that essentially is a pre nerf deathmark that warded or impervious can’t save you from. I do remember the earlier points above, but I’d argue the precedent this troop could set especially at this current game state could be disastrous. Hopefully the devs reconsider and put this new trait back on the never to be considered shelf.

Since I’d rather base my team on strategy over luck, even if a troop silenced the entire opponent’s team, I could plan around it. This new trait may or may not proc too often as luck is a cruel mistress in this game. The important thing is no strategy or tactic can stop it outside of X turn 1 win team, which it could stop anything if you get a good starting board.

1 Like

I use the sorcerer class, which is why I said this is a rip off of one of its traits.

I also have a beast team with Sunsail but the disease is not built around, but does slow mana gathering.

Mythic trait should at least target the first troop so you can build around 2x skull damage troops, hence my reference to Venbarak above.

Edit: Disease, and poison for that matter, rework is so long overdue. I would like to see a change to disease for it to be able to either:

• permanent until cleansed like poison

Or

• Chance to infect another troop equal to its chance of self cleansing. So longer it hangs around more likely it is to infect someone else.

Or

• Both
2 Likes

Does anyone have the image of Pet Dragonkitty? :heart_eyes:
Anxiety is killing me.

I’m guessing we will have the pictures on the pet page at taransworld.com when 4.0 comes out. They normally include lots of new graphics whenever a release comes out.

I’ll wait. Do you have any idea what day we’ll get Update 4.0? Was it Friday?

No salty said this week but before friday

1 Like

Thank you. So I will not sleep for the next few hours and try not to die of anxiety.

1 Like

Join the Pizza strike…

4 Likes