(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I liked it better when it was called “Magic Link.” What’s wrong with Magic Link?

Won’t someone please think of the children?

8 Likes

Strange they’re using a different term for something that’s already in the game (Magic Link), but thanks for the info. Was guessing something like it, but didn’t make sense to me so I didn’t go with it.

Anything in this game make sense?

3 Likes

honestly, no

1 Like

Actually it has been changed from ‘Arcane Surge’ to now ‘Arcane’, my apologies.
“[TRAIT_ARCANE_DESC]”: “Gain 1 Magic when an ally casts a spell.”

3 Likes

ah, that was the other route and makes slightly more sense (like the Arcane on Mab). I still prefer Magic Link but at least that’s solved.

Snap freeze i hate It already.

1 Like

I’d rather my team get frozen than half my troops dying due to a snap.

2 Likes

167,45768 billion years on MsPaint…
New proposed adjustments for Ubastet Spell: Everyone loses half their collections.

I have the impression someone already did something like this… :thinking:

6 Likes

I wonder for how long Ubastet will still have that stigma of being overpowered after his nerf when now very obviously Infernus is the top dog(spoiler:Inf already was number one before the Uba nerf)

(Spoiler2: Stormbreaker>Infinity Gauntlet…MCU logic)

1 Like

It will stick for awhile I reckon.

On another note of imbalance, compare the third traits of the next two Mythics:

• 8% chance to kill the last enemy on 4+ matches

Vs.

• Disease a random enemy when matching purple.

Gee, would hate to see these two use a seesaw!!

Also, what’s with taking hero talents and making them Mythic traits???

I really want to see disease more useable (Venbarak :facepunch:t2:) but this is just so Lame…

1 Like

I always saw it the other way, all the good mythic traits are being wasted on hero traits and talents, when we can’t access most of them at any given point without paying 50 gems / real money to do it.

1 Like

So, you’re saying you think disease a random enemy is a mythic trait? :flushed:

3 Likes

can’t be worse than enrage a random ally on 4 or 5 match

Except that enrage can be useful if it hits your first troop. Disease is pretty worthless no matter what - it’s nearly as bad as poison.

1 Like

Disease is less useful at the endgame enviroment with gem spam+explosion+storms…

It could give a 30% temporary reduction to Attack and Magic to be more useful in general.

Am I missing something?

Disease does a good job slowing down explosions and initial fills. The only problem so far is that the only ways to apply disease consistently have been through spells, which is too slow to be viable (Magnus, Plague etc.) or skull hits which is meaningless.

The hero class Sorcerer has a good disease, but the class talents don’t do enough to make people want to use the class so it goes unnoticed.

So this Mythic trait will actually be decent, since the troop seems decent and the 3rd trait is easy enough to mass apply slowdowns.

Its not flashy like burning. I guess if it was brighter and did some disco colors, people will give it more respect? Its no poison that does 1 damage if it feels like it.

imo disease and posion have needed buff for ages tbh

6 Likes

Only the initial fills with normal gem matching honestly. As explosions+storms tends to create extra turns i hardly felt any impact in the few times i was affected by it. It doesn’t helps a lot that Cleanse was prevalent until Ishbaala nerf.

But i agree we have poor options to apply this debuff and maybe the devs prefer it this way because players in general don’t enjoy having a harder time to fill and cast their spells.

[Sarcasm] Also why even do something about these debuffs anyway? The devs already programmed the A.I to cheat the players constantly. [/Sarcasm]

If you combine disease with jinx trait it’s extremely hard to get mana, but silence trumps them both.

2 Likes