(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’d argue it’s too strong as even disregarding bad luck swings, a trait that cannot be stopped except by killing the troop is a bad idea. Every other instakill mechanic has a few ways to deal with it. If they add a counter to lethal damage for players, it might be fine. Otherwise it will just be awful. Why not do something like triple damage to submerged foes, or boosted damage on skull match based on the foe’s missing armor? While similar abilities proc at higher rates, the conditions are much harder.

Oh ffs… more hate-able RNG. Never reliable enough to be useful for the player. But could trigger for the AI to instantly cost you a match.

If this silliness does land, we need an immunity trait that blocks instagib. After all, we have Devour-proof already. Maybe add / edit it into Warded. Or Impervious.

If that happens, ZuulGoth for BossRaid would have to negate such immunity.

5 Likes

I imagined the devs would be satisfied with Doom Skulls making skulls more relevant… From this point they could just add more match-skull traits but with different effects like Dispel, Life Steal, Mana Burn and effects to be trigged at critical hits and/or spells being boosted by 13+ skulls on the board.

Kill on hit is disappointing from a creative perspective…

3 Likes

It’s not even on hit, it’s 8% chance of instagib on 4+ matches according to spoilers.

1 Like

Yeah i dont like it at all. just rework it like do 20 damage to all enemies and make it 5%.

Was seeing an abnormality in the Taran’s event spoilers for September. All seeing eye, Cryptkeeper and Hall of Guardians as 2 different dates for the same troop. (Ocularen, Grave Seer and Gargoyle) Guessing it’s something like a Eager/Hopefull and Backup release date?

Neither. Devs have stated that the Hall of Guardian and All-Seeing Eye Factions - along with their troops - will release with 4.0 update. That date has not been set yet, therefore the dates you are reading are merely placeholders.

1 Like

1 Like

So these Tuesday events are about factions and Dungeon? Just like Class events, but limiting troops choice by kingdom?

Totally forgot that Tarans gives event schedules nowadays.

/looks at schedule dates in question

Almost guaranteed to NOT be a typo. Actually, I can’t find a valid reason why those dates would be inaccurate. They look solid to me for what they represent.

The definitive answer to your question is just a single day away.

I’m hoping the dates are a bit screwy because the next vault event is showing as only 2 days long.:weary:

1 Like

Unless I’m misreading the table somehow, the Vault event was moved to be Sat → Mon, which is still 3 days in length.

But it starts on Friday reset usually?

Usually.

Could be a typo. Either way, the Vault event is 3 days in length, regardless of which three days they are.

I don’t like these 3-days class events (aside the fact that we get a new class :wink: ). I wish that even the new class events are a one-day event so the schedule of vault/bounty events are unchanged.

1 Like

Sadly, that is not going to happen.

As Rinny was homing in upon a few posts above, that event schedule on Taran’s sure seems to suggest some new kind of 3-day weekend event being added to the schedule…

1 Like

Personally, I don’t care to have back the old schedule for the week-end events as:

• I don’t farm Gnome during Vault event
  • Bounty is meh and my main gem sink

It’s just that I don’t like the Class event. We get stuck against 5 different teams so a one-day event is more than enough for this event.

1 Like

Can’t argue with that. I don’t even play the Class events. When budgeting the time I have available to play on Thursdays, class events are the lowest priority thing to do. Then again, class events aren’t really meant (in my opinion) to be targeted towards late and end-gamers.

That said, I’m banking on an educated guess (I don’t actually know for sure; incomplete information), that the new event type seen on Taran’s schedule for Tuesdays will probably be close to an unavoidable gem sink for late and end-gamers if it has a shop (and why wouldn’t it? It would be inconsistent with the devs’ philosophy of having gem sink shops in all the 3.x game modes).

I have concerns about the new mythic. that auto-kill is going to be a serious pain when he’s paired with gem converters. Especially since there are NO troops who are immune to lethal damage that the player can own. The only cards immune to lethal damage in the game are towers and raid Zuulgoth

4 Likes