(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

This… can’t be allowed…

9 Likes

why not it’s “only” 5% lol It would be awesome to have

image love this trait can just have the enemy team kill it off if you don’t like it and have a summoner go and summon in a new troop. All the new troops from the Vault kingdom seem to have this trait
This one is awesome as well especially blocking magic
image All the troops from All seeing eye seem to have this trait maybe Delves will be an ocean map

Also there’s a bunch of new troops/kingdoms/pets in game
now

This is no worse that Ubastet, currently.

2 Likes

I don’t know, infinite loop control teams where you might suddenly lose a troop for no apparent reason?

Also: Ubastet shouldn’t be allowed either.

5 Likes

oh right that’s true there’s that gem spawners like trolls would be everywhere

I’m not totally disagreeing but, I’ve rarely seen such teams in defence. So, I think it’s no difference to Archer or Assassin hero traits (the latter to do really like though).

And the reason would be the trait activating. Relatively easily immolated by frozen.

The chance is so low that for it to kill the entire team would need, 80 extra turns??

:sleeping:

2 Likes

In theory, 80 4- or 5-gem matches would eliminate a team. In practice, throw that bad boy as the fourth troop in a goblin team and watch the tears flow.

5 Likes

Goblins don’t get that many 4+ extra turns unless a storm is up.

Freeze/Gobchomper would easily stop it.

1 Like

You don’t need to get 80 extra turns. You just need to get lucky once or twice during a typically goblin run. I promise you that knowing the odds were 1-1000 against losing my last three troops to this trait (and the first one to skull damage) would not make such an event any less painful.

1 Like

Kruag the Dread devours for 5% on Skull matches, I’m very comfortable stating that in my experience the AI makes just as many skull matches per game as 4+ matches, and we are not flooded with with Kruag defences. Or Archer/Assassin ones as I said above.

Personally, this trait should be changed to something useable by players on offence.

1 Like

Probably another game mode that’s mining/digging related, featuring everyone’s favourite sigils as the cost of entry!

Anyway, about this…

what could possibly go wrong?

To be honest, that troop isn’t a worry.
Monsters already have a number of usable counters.

IMG_3754

They’re just the troops with Monster Slayer trait. A dwarf team with Gemhammer and Ironbeard makes quick work of Monsters. Monster Muncher can even just devour it.

Or miss and give the turn to the opponent for some juicy instakill cascades.
The sheer fact that we are at a point where we contemplate whether or not a trait like this is broken shows how balance in this game has completely ceased to exist.
Yeah it may be counterable (will be fun to have to run dwarves or the handful of other troop options in every pvp game all the time!) and it may not be worse than the Divine meta for whatever that is worth, but just imagining the idiotic gameplay a trait like that allows makes me shake my head in disbelief.

6 Likes

If only… there was an Impervious Divine… that could cleanse all allies… with a trait… perhaps by matching yellow gems…? :thinking::face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:

9 Likes

Boost is 1:1.

1 Like

I agree that Delve would be the new mode, likely a weekend one like Bounty, but with Delve troop. Maybe it’s about digging to find the Underworld, discovering those 6 artifacts (Coin Purse/Gold Ring/Priest’s Chalice/King’s Crown/Genie’s Lamb/Sacred Treasure) from Vault along the way. They’re also just each of 6 single colors, ranging from Common to Mythic, so it might be spacial unobtainable cards like Towers.

Now, for the interesting troops

• Legandary Urskula - 50% mana to all the bears would make an interesting team!
  • The Posessed King - the Darkstone’s Mythic that explode on 4,5 gem match, and a spell that could mass-transfrom enemies into Deamon. What an unholy thing for Divine.
  • Ethereal Sentry - Increase an ally’s Attack by their Armor, so Mang-worthy!
  • Gargoyle - Splash damage to an enemy, boosted by all allies’ Attack. Deadly with Earth’s Fury.

And… There is actually Drool’Goth coming later. lol

5 Likes

Oh man, Queen Ysabelle has started drooling.

1 Like

One word, toxoplasmosis. Research that and be terrified. Almost have the population tests positive!