(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Regardless of what the description says, the version previewed on stream hit every troop below the targeted troop including itself.

Probably the same bug the bounty troop Parrot had and later fixed.

A Mythic created to counter a non-Mythic. Hmmm. I see some poor balancing decisions here. Couldn’t possibly be Nyx though…

1 Like

Stormheim troops were released on March 12 and will be added to chests next Monday. But what about Bounty troops released on March 16?

Why open chests to target bounty troops? My gold keys get saved for new kingdoms, and my glory keys are used to hunt for mythics.

Getting a set of any four bounty troops to mythic allows much higher bounty reward tiers to be reached. Slightly less efficient than going on a captain shopping spree, it saves a few thousand gems each month though.

By the end you’re looking at two bounty hunters supported by two non-bonus troops. Maybe three and one if you don’t mind matches taking forever. One of those troops has to be the current captain since the reward is doubled; an epic captain is straight up more beneficial than a mythic non-captain. So you really only need one bounty troop at mythic (two if you’re a masochist or vastly better at optimizing than I am).

And if you want to reach those higher reward tiers you should expect to spend gems buying sigils. Said sigils will also come with copies of the current bounty captain. So you’re not saving that many gems. Maybe you can get away with only buying to tier IV instead of whatever the last tier was. That’s not 1000 gems saved, is it?

My Pridelands is only missing 4 points to 9 stars. I need 2 copies of Spiritmane and 20 of Riftlynx.

Lol. Thanks for getting me to check. I’ve left Finley untraited for ages, and it turns out I only needed those three traits to get Pridelands to nine stars.

1 Like

You can rack up quite a few bonus points by going with four bounty troops for the first dozen or so fights.

That’s technically correct. However, if your goal is to just grab a many rewards as possible for as few gems as possible, not buying into the captain at all is a very viable strategy.

It is for me. I could buy all the tiers, getting the captain to mythic and gaining enough sigils to definitely be able to claim all the rewards. However, looking at the rewards of the previous bounty hunt, I’ll just be content claiming the first 75% of rewards of all future bounty hunts for next to no investment except a one-time gold chest opening spree. The price tag attached to those last 25% of rewards you have to pay for feels quite exorbitant to me, I wouldn’t even feel inclined buying at half the cost. Especially within a Boss Raid/Bounty Hunt double pay-to-play week.

1 Like

More spoilers… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

so the version we got only hits 2 targets

Kinda sucks that trait got nerfed, then. He still mass-silences blue and is a mythic that can’t be mana drained or AoEd most of the time, which I think is being marginalized just how powerful that is, but defense oriented troops are always going to be not-great in the current meta because, like I always say, dead troops don’t fight back. His main role is anti-color and anti-AoE pest… not what I’d put on a Mythic. I’m sure a few people are going to get annoyed when he starts showing up in explores and extending their fights randomly.

1 Like

I forgot about the Auto-submerge basically making Sunbird’s life more difficult.

I pray for the Fire Bomb’s aim to be true.

I’m having a hard time finding an instance where Champion of Anu doesn’t do a better job overall of what Undine does offensively… Even if Undine silences more blue on the offense, Champion of Anu would just hit for more damage usually (silence, stuns AND drains a single target), especially paired with a second Anu.

1 Like

So now that Undine is out, can we talk about the next Mythic to avoid another meh-Mythic release? :slight_smile:

Spell: Steal up to [Magic +5] Attack on an enemy, and give it to your first ally. Create a mixture of 16 Skulls and Green Gems. [0.05]
Traits: Wildfolk Bond, From Bones (Summon a Bonestorm when an ally dies) and Wild Frenzy (All Wildfolk allies gain 2 Attack at the start of every turn)

Comments:

• mixture is never good as we know because it’s not reliable. Change the 2nd effect to “Create 12 Skulls or 12 Green Gems”
  • 2nd trait: loosing a troop to trigger this trait… no thanks. It could be nice with Sacrifice mechanics like Widow… aside if this Mythic’s spell is considered as a front troop sacrifice :thinking:. Change the trigger to “when an enemy dies.” at least.
  • 3rd trait: “All Wildfolk allies steal 2 Attack to the first enemy troop at the start of every turn”. It seems strong if you have 4 Wildfolks (8 Attack by turn). But compared to Elemaugrim (4 to 16 Attack by by 4 on 4 or 5 Gem matches) not that much.
2 Likes

Its not even that good - its just ‘gain 2 attack’ not steal. Sooo… compare to Abysnissia, this is effectively stronger but on a pitiful pool of troops.

Sorry for the misleading: what you quoted is my suggestion to replace the trait. It can be buffed to 3 Attack :wink: .

Wildfolk fake synergies is not really something that needs to exist. It doesn’t really matter to me if it adds 2 attack or 4. Wildfolk don’t have tools that use attack, so the only reason to even boost is to use them for skull damage. But even with her debuff, if you choose incorrectly, you’ll likely be wasting mana just to end up trading pieces back and forth. When I cast a 22 mana spell, I need it to have a bit more of a baseline effect without betting everything on something landing if landing it just might net me a kill and not landing it means I lose unless I debuff the first enemy and then lose a troop in the trade when the second enemy starts hitting me. Every experience I’ve had with 16 gem dual spawners leads me to believe that she will work part of the time (on any team where you don’t have to worry about entangle, freeze, skull resist, someone being faster and rolling you before you get mana, mana drain, etc), but won’t be fast or consistent enough to build teams around for general PvP unless you are at a stage where brute force actually works, nor reliable enough to base a guild wars strategy around. So, a weekend diversion mythic. But man, I really hate even the idea of that trait.

2 Likes

I don’t think talking about a subpar troop before release has ever caused it to actually be good… the other way around though has several times caused a good troop to be changed to be subpar.

1 Like

Well, the spell first steals a good amount of attack, so a misfire would be somewhat less devastating. I’m not a fan of mixed gem creation, creating 12 random skull or 12 random green gems, decided randomly, doesn’t feel much of an improvement though. I’d really prefer something more reliable that doesn’t roll the dice twice. Like adding a small amount of green gems, then turning all green gems to skulls, except that this would remove most of the risk that I suppose was introduced intentionally.

I guess the troop theme is reckless attack, sacrificing personal concerns for a wild killing frenzy. Maybe it should trigger the Bone Storm on matching skulls, that might be a tad too powerful though.

A setup like that would render front troops unable to deal any skull damage after four turns. That’s vastly more overpowered than anything Elemaugrim can do, it happens automatically and also strengthens your own troops. As far as grief teams go I’d rate this as godly, it’s far too oppressive.