(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

It says “and destroy myself”, no? Or are you looking at more recent game data than in Lyya’s post?

1 Like

Destroying oneself is not the same as making the spell one-shot. Other copies can still fire if destroyed, but not if the spell is one-shot.

2 Likes

There is also the matter of how mana gathering will work. The “destroy” step happens after the explode step (but before cascade matches). Thus, a four red gem exploder that is a one-shot, assuming one shot locked mana gathering immediately when the spell is cast and not after the spell finished processing, would generate a guaranteed three red mana. With it functioning pretty much how bombot functions, it will waste at least three red mana by gathering it onto itself before destroying itself.

Edit: As I said earlier, it again brings to the forefront the possibility of completely selfdefeating defenses that was such an issue at one point that they had to do an extremely hamfisted workaround to prevent it from happening that is still a part of the game with the underlying issue having never been addressed. Four Fire Bombs isnt quite the degree of self defeating that solo-Elspeth was when she instantly ended the match casting on herself, but I would have put money on why that is why it was a one-shot in the first place (and, apparently, lost that money).

3 Likes

Multiple fire bombs won’t be much use if the first one gets rid of pretty much all of the red gems on the board. What’s going on with the rest of them? I’m not sure if I ‘get’ these little things!

They’re empowered. Doesn’t matter how much churn the board.

I’m already hoping along the lines of:

Fire Bomb
Fire Bomb
Sunbird
Ogryn/Forest Guardian/Umberwolf

would make for some nice explore clears.

1 Like

@nav037, based on what Ozball said above…

Troop name: Lost Prince
Kingdom: Bright Forest
Mana Color: Red
Arcane: Rage
Base Rarity: Epic
Troop Types: No Troop Type, No Troop Type
Troops ID: Quest_K31 / 6425
Max Skills: Unknown

1 Like

No his name is Hot Dude!!!

5 Likes

Hot Dude “Neck Macneck” i believe…

1 Like

I just hope his little pipip turns into a beautiful White Dragon that shines so bright.

We know the spoiler data is subject to change.

So the final name is an anagram of Hot Dude!!!..

The White Dragon Co… er… Chiken!

So something like Dud Hote? (pronouced: Dud Hottie)

1 Like

Duo Deth?
Odd Hute?
Dout Hed?

2 Likes

Theo Dud? :thinking:

Just call him Sergio

That one is a fantastic name.

Is anyone else disturbed by Hot Dude’s shoulder pad (I know that’s not the English word I’m looking for, but I don’t even know what that thing is called in German, so I have no way to use the dictionary)?
It doesn’t just have a glowing eye, but also… well, I guess it’s supposed to be a lion, but it has a lot of similiarity with Luther. Must be the scar, I guess, but I can’t unsee it and it gets my attention every time I look at the picture.
Dude needs to be hotter to distract me.

1 Like

“Pauldron” is the word you’re looking for. And I honestly didn’t see the lion at all until you said something, but now I can’t un-see it.

2 Likes

Dang, I had heard that word before somewhere and didn’t remember it!
Thank you for teaching me new stuff and sorry for wrecking the picture for you!:sweat_smile:

Also just noticed that lion is one of these things where no matter from which angle you look at it, they seem to look back at you. Eep!

1 Like