(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I can’t do fancy spoilers for classes, just troops, so here ya go:

DRAGONGUARD
Mythic Dragon’s Claw Dragon

Dragon’s Eye (15 Brown)
Destroy [Magic] Gems. Transform a random enemy into a Baby Dragon.

(Dragon Shield, Holy Armor, Dragon’s Grace)
Choose one Perk to activate: Dragon Armor (+8 Armor), Dragon Blade (+4 Attack), Dragon Friend (Counts as Dragon)
MAX Attack:15 Life:23 Armor:22 Magic:8
Magic Bonus when using brown weapons

Dragon Shield
Allied Dragons gain 2 Armor.
Minor Earth Traitstone: 18
Runic Earth Traitstone: 10
Runic Water Traitstone: 10

Holy Armor
Reduce damage from Skulls by 40%.
Minor Earth Traitstone: 26
Major Earth Traitstone: 12
Arcane Shield Traitstone: 10

Dragon’s Grace
All ally Dragons gain 1 Life and Magic on 4 or 5 Gem matches.
Minor Earth Traitstone: 34
Arcane Shield Traitstone: 6
Celestial Traitstone: 2

5 Likes

Admit it.
The Monster Muncher was specifically designed to munch on the Krakens…

4 Likes

I can’t really see any other point to it. Might as well have named it Kraken Konsumer.

I’m honestly trying to come up with some common builds that have more than one monster (other than double-Krakens) and I’ve got nothing. I mean, I use a couple on offence (combos that include Khorvash/Manticore or Khorvash/Crimson Bat) but there are no 4x monster teams in the meta where I’d be blowing the dust off this guy…

2 Likes

You just wait. My 4x War Sphinx team will take the game by storm, and you’ll be glad for Mr Munch up there.

4 Likes

There’s the Behemoth. But he’s Impervious :wink:

Sounds potentially extremely obnoxious since it is a guaranteed, unblockable transform. Hopefully mono color and 15 mana will keep it in check. Can’t say I particularly like the design of this one, since dragon teams generally focus around AoE, so using it on offense just extends the battle for yourself.

1 Like

I think I like the sound of the dragon weapon. I’d love to pair it with Scorpius.

1 Like

Khorvash is another oft used Monster type.

Then there is Great Maw.

It why I like Lord Ironbeard out front against most teams.

Hopefully barrier will block the transform.

I doubt it. Barrier doesn’t block other instances of Transform, so I don’t see it doing so here.

+1 Magic for TDS and Kryst will get out of hand real fast.

Since you generally only get about 4-5 casts out of this team to clear most battles, and you’ll still need 4-5 casts to win even with cascading your extra turns/match 5s, I don’t see it as being too much of an issue. The small amount of life Krystenax stands to gain gains does cover one of its biggest weaknesses if you do happen to get in a situation where you are actually trading blows, but both Krystenax and TDS are still notably vulnerable to every status and devour. I’m hoping to use Dragonguard a bit more creatively than a simple magic-bot for the cookie cutter dragon team. If I were inclined, though, I would go with Staff of St. Astra for resilience or Mountain Crusher for speed (or just Dawnbringer).

1 Like

But TDS magic is static, so it cant rise, right.? Max 20.

Yup. More explosions, but not more damage.

1 Like

Tds doesn’t deal more damages he just gain more souls

It’s always 15 souls. When he gets more magic he explodes more gems

2 Likes

Soul gain is static as well. The only thing that scales with magic is explosions (scales with half magic). Once you get to about 10 explosions, there is very little different anyways, and the differences between mana gathered is almost entirely dependent on which cascades you get.

1 Like

Yup, thankfully still useful for his explosions. Is one magic counting as a half magic for his explosion?

If only there were a website that had the answer! :slight_smile:

11 Likes

1 Like