(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I’ve double-checked, and I don’t think I made any mistakes; though the troop isn’t final so the data may change before the kingdom is released.

Follow-up troop for next Monday:

WAVERIDER

Epic Merlantis Merfolk

Protective Shell (12 Blue/Yellow): Barrier and Submerge the target ally, and give them (Magic + 3) Armor. 

MAX 15 Attack, 25 Life, 23 Armor, 11 Magic

Merfolk Shield: Allied Merfolk gain 2 Armor.
16 Minor Water Traitstone Minor Water Traitstone
8 Runic Water Traitstone Runic Water Traitstone
8 Runic Wind Traitstone Runic Wind Traitstone

Icy Death: Summon an Icestorm when an enemy dies.
22 Minor Water Traitstone Minor Water Traitstone
8 Major Water Traitstone Major Water Traitstone
8 Arcane Blade Traitstone Arcane Blade Traitstone

Armored: Reduce damage from Skulls by 25%.
28 Minor Water Traitstone Minor Water Traitstone
4 Arcane Blade Traitstone Arcane Blade Traitstone
1 Celestial Traitstone Celestial Traitstone

Scheduled for 10/23/2017. All future troop details are subject to change at any time.

1 Like

Wow, someone give this guy an extra turn or something. Why would I waste a turn and 12 mana to do that??!?!?

3 Likes

Yeah…I wasn’t sure whether I should post these or not, considering how preliminary they all feel. I hope there’s been tuning done (up and down) since the last data drop. This information is very old, there hasn’t been a new data file for months.

2 Likes

As in, this information predates the Fizzbang fracas?

Ah no, that would be the last drop. Nothing changed in there except Fizzbang though (I checked! :3)

Hm… the boost ratio here seems particularly out of place, so I’m also wondering if that is correct. A similar row-destroying boost ratio would have x3, not 3:1. 3:1 would make it very difficult to get anything other than a 0 or 1 bonus from the row destroyed.

Of these, Sea Witch is probably going to be the most used as drafted here. Mana generation while also being the best stat debuffer in the game by a wide margin and a chance at an extra turn and refill herself. Even if it were changed to half magic scaling, its just so easily spammable. Reducing the stat debuff to a single, random troop, which would be the next logical step, would severely marginalize her to probably “not particulary good” status, though, since she is also reliant on blue gems and there are much more versatile exploders.

Leviathan looks slightly obnoxious (still no viable ways to rearrange your own team) as does Merlion (still no actually viable counters to silence other than “be immune”, since no cleanser is immune) but neither looks particularly “good”.

I have a thought about dispel versus barrier. Maybe barrier could just stop being dispelled? There is no situation where you need to dispel a barrier to get through it, any damage source will work, and there are plenty of ways to get in chip damage.

1 Like

People complain about power creep then complain that these aren’t powerful enough. It’s tough being a dev!

5 Likes

I have no problem with here being a few filler troops… it’d be nice if the devs could reference older troops and existing power levels when benchmarking and designing new troops though… that Common crab hits twice as hard as any older troop and has a strong side effect… a child could see that the witch is hands down better than the mythic Plague…

Yes let’s hope for some tuning…

3 Likes

Submerge can be pretty useful but realise not many people will use these troops. When we had the tmndt event I used dragon turtle in pvp for double stones. It was him vs death, and I was submerged with 23 hp or something and death needed to be hit by skulls before my spell would kill him. Anyway, he cast his spell which I avoided as I was submerged, which was kind of cool because I had forgotten all about hi aoe cast, being the last troop an all. I got skulls, next turn casted spell, dead death. The game still throws up those moments occasionally and that’s why I still mostly love it!

4 Likes

Does deathmark still proc if submerged? I forget

It didn’t when death casted his spell against my toitle!

The current problem, and yes, it’s related to the power creep, is that many effect are activated passively.
You can Freeze with Mab or Stun with Khorvash without spending a turn.
So as players , when we decide to spend our turn with a spell, we usually look for something free (like extra turn), some manipulation (convert, explode), or a massive effect (AoE damage, 1-shot kill, massive group buffing) or a combination.

So, putting the bad effect (barrier and submerge) and a boost to the weakest stat (armor) for 12 mana makes no sense.

2 Likes

I highly doubt the troop will go live with the data-mined stats; if/when I find out more, I’ll post an update.

2 Likes

Unless of course you cast it on an annoying stealthy troop (Wisp, SFox, Fizz).
Untargetable, Barriered and Submerged? Fun.

1 Like

Hola :slight_smile:
Can you, please, help me to find screenshot with new GW defense team shedule, about different teams each day?
I’m digging through forum for an hour but cannot find it :blush:

Do you mean this one Mr Shelby? @Ajmooooo

1 Like

Thank you very much :slight_smile:

Who is this?

Next next kingdom troop, I guess. Winged elves.