(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

I agree with this and would add Wulfgarok to it. You actually have to play and focus damage on one troop to get his devour to proc. Which is better balanced they should either have a conditional attached or be 100% and one shot only.

Kraken is easy to counter again but was super frustrating when that bug was alive and well, Kerberos teams I either choose to ignore and hope for the best by steamrolling first or bring all Impervious. Also, agree here FG makes him a threat here not the devour chance or repeatability.

Must admit I did rage a bit when my hero got devoured by a Mimic in Arena! :rofl:

But this troop, I will probably ignore and save my gems for other more useful troops down the track.

2 Likes

I REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY don’t want another devour troop, especially like this…

This is not what we need!!! Also REALLLY hope they overlook this and nerf it before it comes out :rofl:

1 Like

I disagree! I hope this never gets nerfed! I think this is gonna be a real fun troop and i hope i manage to get one! (Or 4) lol

1 Like

Devs will review it before it comes out anyways, Please nerf this thing we already have a kraken on loose that is beyond annoying… come on now.

1 Like

I’m not so sure this troop is OP. Boring, perhaps, in that it’s a near-clone of some already in the game, but the mana cost is high enough that a targeted drain or a loop team should be able to handle it.

But no one knows yet… and that is if the AI crazyness, is still going crazy as ever with a heck of amount of random cascades outta no where, where as the player I don’t get any like that.

1 Like

So it gets 2 (independant) chances of rolling a devour at 20% each. Am I not adding this up right? I’m bad at probability.

Devour no troops = 80% * 80% = 64%
Devour above troop = 20%
Devour below troop = 20%
Devour both troops = 20% * 20% = 4%
Devour at least 1 troop = 20% + 20% = 40%

Fortunately, Lyya is good at probability, and she did the math upthread.

3 Likes

I see a lot of talk focusing on the devours, and skimming over his other benefits. Just to throw some numbers out here…

His spell does Magic +8 damage. His magic is 11 and the bonuses for kingdoms and guilds top out at 12, making his base spell damage 31… before the additional Enrage boosts. If you fill him with a converter (Valk and Seer recommended for general use, Apothecary could be good in GW), you’ll likely have a few enraged troops as a result of his third trait. The thing about these is that, outside of Dispel (which is basically just Wisp in the current meta), the only way to get rid of enraged is to match skulls. so, assuming you can keep your 4 troops alive, a +30 bonus will be pretty standard, meaning Doomclaw can hit for 61 or sometimes 71 damage. That’s enough to 2-hit most things.

Enrage is nothing to sneeze at either. Even if it’s not immediately useful on troops that aren’t in first, when the game comes down to a 2v2 or below slugfest, the 1.5x skull damage and ignoring of defensive traits will definitely be helpful in swing things to your favor. If Doomclaw gets a devour, the additional attack along with his enrage will easily finish off damaged troops.

6 Likes

Tis is why I see it as such a problem D:

I totally agree with you, I think people underestimate enraged a lot. It is becoming more and more frequent to see King mikhail in PvP though.
I think using Doomclaw will always be kind of a gamble, so players that don’t like RNG won’t enjoy using it and will start threads complaining about his devour chances whether on the ally or enemy side.

Personally, I don’t mind the RNG too much. Whenever I cast Kerberos I do it for the damage, if it devours it’s a plus. The same with Dracos, I only cast it for the drain or debuffs, that 25% destroy chance comes always as a convenient surprise.

In reverse situations, when the enemy has Devour or destroy chances, I mainly take no chances and make Kerberos or Dracos my #1 target. I’ll even change my team if I don’t have a strong single target troop. Or go the drain route.

1 Like

I don’t get how she got 32% to devour at least one troop

Prob to devour at least one troop != prob to devour 1 troop.

P[devour at least 1] = 1-P[devour 0] = 1 - .8^2 = 1 - .64 = .36

36% chance to devour at least 1 troop, 32% to devour 1 troop.

4 Likes

Baller explained it mathematicaly.

But with a bit of common sense you’ll reach it too.

3 possible outcomes: devour 0, 1 or 2 troops

100%=64%+(dev1)+4%
Dev1=32% :slight_smile:

Nah you guys have done it wrong. You’ve calculated the probability to devour ‘exactly’ one troop, not ‘at least’ one troop. You get 2 rolls at 20% each so the chances of devouring at least something is 20% x 2 = 40% Which is the same as Kerberos or Kraken.

No, the probability of at least 1 Devour is 36%.

3 Likes

did you even read my post? and that isn’t how probabilities work.

2 Likes

At least 1 = Dev1 + Dev 2 = 32%+4% = 36%

Or

At least 1 = 100% - Dev 0 = 100%-64%=36%

It’s common sense moons, your numbers add up to more than 100%, and there’s no such thing. Unless you’re that very eager new employee/teamate that states that he always gives 100+x% in everything he does. Which Doomclaw doesn’t seem like.

1 Like

Ok I see what you’ve done, you’ve used a matrix with 3 states and added them up:

1. Devour and Devour = .2 x .2 = .04
  2. Devour and miss = .2 x .8 = .16
  3. Miss and Devour = .8 x .2 = .16
    =.36%

Still don’t think this is the correct way to calculate it, because each roll should be mutually exclusive (operator or, not and). You get 2 mutually exclusive rolls at 20%, ie 2 chances at 1 in 5. That’s 40%.

Ok, let me use your logic. You have 50% chance to flip a coin and have it land on heads, so 1 chance in 2. You’re saying if you flip 2 coins, you’ll have 100% chance to have 1 land on heads. See how that doesn’t make sense?

2 Likes