(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Have there been any changes in the upcoming kindgoms’ release schedules?

Merlantis is currently scheduled to 2017-09-15. There are no dates set for Shentang or the ones after.

5 Likes

Any insight how an Enraged troop acts when Charmed?

1 Like

Good thing Charm can never finish a match.

[quote=“yonizaf, post:3599, topic:1280, full:true”]
Consider this: Many people will target Urskaya troops through event keys, getting all the Corrupted Urskas they could want in the process, and might not want to spend glory for the arcanes alone. Having the same colors next week means you can save now, and get more for your glory next week without losing anything.
[/quote]

Exactly my position right now. I was excited for Arcane Darks but I already have the Corrupted Urskas at Mythic even without buying any glory packs. I’ll wait one more week.

It will not stop the loop though. If it turns out to really loop forever, you’d be finished by skull cascade, or worse, be stuck looking at the enemy looping forever, wishing Charm could finish a match.

3 Likes

I’d assume that the two don’t interact. The Enrage effect doesn’t change the base Attack stat.

Shame, as Charm could be a nice counter to Enrage if it triggered the bonus damage and ended the effect (by counting as an ‘attack’).

1 Like

I will add my concern to those already expressed to have a Empowered troop with extra turn and board interaction. 3 of these with 1 mab and it’s game over. Or even a Plague.
Start, garb all 4 matches, jumble (and charm), repeat 3 times, and everyone is frozen and ready to die. Bleh.

Oh man, yeah, wow, that’ll be a fun time. Unless board jumble gets “bad luck RNG guarantees” the way generators do, which…ick.

From experiences dating back a while with War Sphinx, jumbling boards very seldomly results in possible 4-matches.
Now with recent changes to the core mechanics of gem spawning, possibly jumbling might be different as well, but if it still works like back then, noone needs to be afraid of any kind of 3wisp+one builds.

Chances are low indeed. Still, with 3 x Magic Link, you need very little match to fill up these guys again. And the charm can be dangerous. Technically, the RNG could pull something like charming the same guy 3 times. If it’s got high attack, that could mean 2 troops dead right-off the bat.
I really really like this little guy.
But like all problems we have in the game, Multiple Versions will be a pain in the gluteus.
Just like multiple Famine, Kerbs, Foxes, Astrals, etc etc.

It’s all about multiple versions… can’t wait for the day that someone finally wakes up and limits troops to one copy, thus solving close to every single problems in the game… Or at least make a seperate format with that limitation.

4 Likes

Multiple Kerberi were never a problem unless they were paired with a Forest Guardian.
As a matter of fact 3 Kerbs + whatever is not FG must be among the easiest to beat lossfree teams out there.
Foxes and Astrals while being annoying in packs are only ever a problem if they have event boosts, and multiple Famines really only was a problem bacause of their stacking traits mostly the weird and absurd scaling of multiple Jinx traits.

Having said that, personally i’d welcome limitations to troop stacking as it can definitely escalate with problematic troops, but in none of the examples has stacking been the root of the problems.

As for this particular troop, why don’t we wait and see before we raise our pitchforks again, i think there have been enough premature knee jerk nerfs to spoilered troops rendering them useless out the gate.
Artema sends her regards…i assume, i couldn’t tell cause i actually don’t see her anywhere.

4 Likes

I don’t 100% agree.
K-GS-FG-K is 1000 more dangerous than NotKerb-GS-FG-K
So, yes, FG is part of the problem, but remove the second kerb and the team is just not dangerous.
As for Fox, no, my Spirit fox is not dangerous. But on a Paragon in Guild War on a guild with huge sentinel boost?
I’ve seen some with so much +magic that they can 1-shot kill my troops. So, in those cases, yes, 2 or 3 are a huge problem.

Maybe Empowered is the issue here and more though should be put into which troops get the trait.

I mean, extra turns are really powerful in this game, just look at Mab, and so is the empowered trait, look at Mercy or Siren. I don’t think it’s a good combo to be able to cast _multiple spells _ on the first turn.

1 Like

First off in the high times of Forest Guardian Entourage tons of players of all, even the top brackets switched one of the Kerberos for troops like Deathknight, Psion, or whatever else they deemed fitting all the time. So while i might agree that 2 Kerberos for that team would be optimal(my personal opinion), many other choices for the 2nd Kerberos slot were just as viable and very damn close in overall power.
Second, two Kerberi on that team work so well exactly because Forest Guardian is benefitting both of them!
Without FG xKerberos is easy to counter, keep one from filling which is really easy at 16 mana and the others won’t fill ever either.

The point stands: 3 Kerberi+notFG is a joke compared to a single Kerberos+FG+2whatever.
Stacking troops here is not the root of the problem, the synergy between Kerb and FG is, stacking Kerb merely escalates it and honestly not even to that high of a degree.

Again stacking here is not the root of the problem, you actually name the root here. Stacking only escalates it.

I agree on empowered and extra turns being very powerful, but honestly without empowered Wisp loses almost any value for me, as i see it mainly as the answer to shitty starting boards, without that it is just gonna be a more expensive War Sphinx with an extra effect added to it i don’t care about.

In any case we should wait and see how this troop actually Impacts the game before we cry nerf, no real harm can come from it right? Killing another troop before release though with outcries for nerfs…

1 Like

Just take the beast away from kerb and Fenrir for that matter, problem solved.

This new one annoys me - not because it’s too strong or seems to immediately need a nerf, but because it’s simply stronger than what’s already out.

Lamia charms for 8 mana. For only 1 mana more, this one has dispel, jumble and extra turn. Power creep, simply. And no I don’t believe that Lamia’s ‘get mana back’ effect is at all comparable.

Likewise the comparison to War Sphinx is very flattering.

12 Likes

Agreed.

Wisp’s spell+empow almost seems like he should be legendary. He seems way better than LAMEia and sphinx

@Nimhain said that her next lair post was gonna be about kingdom reworks, and Kehtar hasn’t really been changed in a while.

Hey i use her when i want to lose t fast😂

It feels like it brings way too much to the table. It’s the perfect grief troop, can be set up to always fill with a single match and has very high potential for a self sustaining loop, due to the battery effect involved when fielding a whole team of Wisp. Sure, charm won’t kill all your troops, but the remaining ones will likely die to the skull match at the end of each loop.

I predict it’s going to receive the same treatment as other Empowered troops, getting changed to Fast, possibly even with a condition attached to the extra turn. Hopefully prior to release, before the board explodes from a surge of major unhappiness.