(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Well that’s about as simple and direct of a spoiler as we can get. Thanks!

1 Like

Reversing the letters, you get:

Sunrefni

Sun rough knee

Which is basically a sunburn…like a blazing sun…blaze the sun…praise the sun…

Solaire of Astora confirmed!

5 Likes

YAY :heart_eyes:

Spoiler sheet updated.

Oh man… I guess it’s time to blow some keys.

And he is the first mythic with Barfskin!

I think this guy had Barfskin:

10 Likes

I’ve actually always assumed that the devs have an economic incentive to have new troops be OP before being nerfed. It makes people spend money to acquire them ASAP before they lose their power.

For those curious, the Arcanes for Infernus are listed as Red/Yellow and Red/Purple. The Red/Yellow were last available in May and aren’t currently scheduled for any glory packs. The Red/Purple are scheduled for July 17th (Uskaya week) and the week after (Silverglade).

2 Likes

Infernus is currently not only an Elemental, but also a Divine. A divine from hell? :wink:

Oh well it looks like she is from hell too, and shes a Divine too:

:joy::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

In the immortal words of Daffy Duck, “I can only do it once!”. If you make a habit of consistently nerfing things after release then people quickly learn not to bother spending real money for them.

Whoever said he’s from hell? The inferno in his name refers to actual fire and lava, and has nothing to do with hell and daemons. the names of his spell and trait suggest the same, as well as him being Elemental (there is no Elemental-Daemon in the game, despite many of them being fiery. their ‘fire’ is not the same as the fire element).

5 Likes

You said it… Well I was trying to make people like you have a laugh, and somehow failed. :wink:

1 Like

I don’t want to do a latin lesson but Infernus is more related to hell than lava (Volconus or whatever with Volc sounds better)… And Infernus looks like the 2nd form of Infernal King…
It seems to be more a Blighted Lands’s troop than a Broken’s Spire’s one, but it’s only my point of view ;-).

So will we see a Latin kingdom soon then? Until then i don’t think this has any relevance in Krystara :wink:

I don’t think whoever thought of the troop name was aiming for it to be the proper latin word, more likely they just meant to modify the word Inferno (with its meaning in modern english) to a form that sounds more like a name - and the word inferno could very well mean a great fire.

If we insist of applying the meaning of the latin word, it actually means “below” or “underground” - which could be used as “hell” as well, but does not suggest fire or heat in any way. It would make much more sense for Gorgotha to be called Infernus in that case. As for our new mythic, everything about him (if you ignore the name for a second) suggests he’s just about fire, and nothing hellish about him. His art, spell, types, trait names, nothing suggests the meaning of the latin word was ever considered (or even known at all) by whoever designed it.

1 Like

I agree that he should be a sort of fire/lava elemental (even if his hands/arms sound strange to me). But I think the issue is only his name which sounds more related to hell than volcano (which seems to be your conclusion)… You cannot name a troop Anus and don’t care about the meaning of the word… So yeah devs surely replaced “o” by “us” because it sounds cool but they obtained a word with a specific meaning that doesn’t fit the troop.

Fire is also related to hell and his skull-like head amplify his relationship to Blighted Lands. He can be born at Blighted Lands who knows ;-).

But if you forget about the “he’s the next Mythic of Broken Spire” and about Abynissia, which kingdom would you put him? Blighted Lands or Broken Spire?

Latin or no, come tomorrow I can kiss at least half of my resource stockpile goodbye! C’est la vie.

5 Likes

Here’s hoping I don’t have to spend half. :rofl:

1 Like

Which nobody should care about unless they happen to speak latin, and most people don’t.

Take most creature names in fantasy settings, find the meaning of the word in the original language from which they came, most likely there will be little or no relation to how the creature is depicted today. e.g if you happened to speak old Irish, you’d have a similar opinion about Banshee (we had that discussion on the forum).

The same problem one can have when watching a drama TV show (CSI and the like) and something is explained to make sense to the common viewer, but in return makes no sense to someone who is actually an expert on the subject (random example: google “Numb3rs’ description of IRC”). yes, it’s funny, it’s strange, but you just learn to live with it.

That connection is common today, but I don’t think it was for the original latin word. Either you allow modern interpretations, or you don’t.

[quote=“turintuor, post:3495, topic:1280”]
But if you forget about the “he’s the next Mythic of Broken Spire” and about Abynissia, which kingdom would you put him? Blighted Lands or Broken Spire?
[/quote]Broken Spire, in a heartbeat. He doesn’t look evil - compare his face to that of IK, he looks more innocent, almost friendly, even. On his lower face you can even spot a smile. Also compare him to Obsidian Golem, his main body is clearly made of the same material. Does Obsidian Golem look daemonic to you?

1 Like