(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Guild Wars are different story - people don’t like to lose and that’s normal attitude, but sometimes you need to acknowledge it. Neither life nor game would ever give you successes only, but not about that.
As for Mythics my point of view is that they are so hard to get for a reason and that reason should be that they are powerful. Obviously mana cost needs to be appropriate, but when I see posts asking for Famine to e.g. drain one troop only, I’m totally wordless…

If that were true for base mythics in general, i might grow an acceptance for base mythic troops simply being stronger than the other rarities.
But as long as it is just a few select base mythics with that level of power, and other base mythics not even comparing to many legendary troops, i won’t accept that kind of reasoning.

2 Likes

Totally agree! The phenomenon is that we very rarely talk about under powered troops while the strongest ones are constantly under observation.

Urskaya is July 14th (currently)

2 Likes

I thought it was weird that there was a new one so close to suncrest, back when I read it somewhere.
Thanks for clarifying!

Originally it was scheduled earlier, but Suncrest was postponed to after Guild Wars (because it required code change for the storm line of spells). And with Suncrest pushed back it made Urskaya release too soon after, so it too was pushed back to where it is now, July.

##Next week’s event troops

These spoiler images are fan-assembled from game files, and UNOFFICIAL

REMINDER: All future troop details are subject to change at any time. (Retrieved 2017-05-22)

Bandit
Common / Pridelands / Human Rogue
Spell: Grand Theft (8 Purple) - Deal [Magic+4] damage to an enemy. Steal [Magic+4] Gold. [1:1]
Traits: Rogue Bond / Greedy / Stealthy
Requires: Minor Magic, Arcane Death Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 17; Life - 21; Armor - 13; Magic - 10 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: He’s working on a Dark Project.
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-05-29).

Sekhma
Legendary / Pridelands / Raksha Mystic
Spell: Call of the Sun (17 Red/Purple) - Transform Blue Gems to Skulls and transform Brown Gems to Yellow. Deal [Magic+1] damage to an enemy, boosted by all other allies’ Magic. [2:1]
Traits: Raksha Bond / Insulated / Sun’s Glory - Gain 3 Magic on Red Gem matches.
Requires: Minor Fire, Arcane Dark Traitstones
Max stats: Attack - 20; Life - 29; Armor - 11; Magic - 11 (When fully ascended and level 20)
Flavor Text: I am woman. Hear me roar!
Will arrive in 7 days (2017-05-29).

Other change in game files

• Next mythic (Queen Aurora) was changed to only create 10 gems (probably due to feedback in this thread).

• The release dates of mythics after next (Infernus and Yasmine’s Chosen) were switched, now Yasmine’s Chosen is set for July, Infernus for august.

• New kingdom Shentang got a release date set, it’s now scheduled for 2017-08-25 - earlier than Merlantis.

16 Likes

Was cataloging mythics and noticed that Queen Aurora and Yasmine’s Chosen are both set as Green, Yellow, Purple currently. Is that correct?

Both mythics do appear to use the same mana colors, but different traitstones (due to a different primary color).

Of course, everything is subject to change, and so on and blah blah. The devs may change the colors at any time. But they did claim once that they only choose colors based on what fits the troop, regardless how many other troops share those colors.

1 Like

Ok, just making sure. I hope they’ll shift one to Blue/Green/Yellow, Green/Red/Yellow, or Green/Purple/Brown. Those are the last 3 that don’t currently, or scheduled to, have a mythic before repeating. All three options are just one color off.

The crystal in Sekema’s staff looks to be crackling with the same magic as Tezca’s staff.

I wonder what it is.

3 Likes

Bird magic, obviously… :wink:

2 Likes

InfinityInteractive Stones. Heard there’s six of them.

6 Likes

Devs: please don’t shift Aurora’s colors. I have all the traitstones needed for her, and it would be depressing if I won the key lottery next week and found that I need to go grind explore again. (Still murdering my way through Grosh-Nak until they give up all their Lava stones. I know they’re in there somewhere.)

1 Like

Sekhma is my favorite kind of troop (double converter)! Might need to invest a bit to pull a few.

4 Likes

I still think Sekhma’s spell needs toning down. It has the same double convert as IK and FG, but a way better secondary effect. Hits a lot harder than IK’s silly split damage…

I thought devs were happy that a line in the sand was reached and we shouldn’t expect obvious powercreep beyond it…

1 Like

Where exactly is that line you speak of ? Cause i can’t seem to find it.
As for Sekhma, she will do 15 ish more damage than IK, so their manacosts should probably be switched.
Forest Guardian on the other hand has a much stronger secondary effect in my book, so powercreep among the double transformers has long since happened ;).

2 Likes

That was a mistake and has been change since.

2 Likes

IK gets stronger as the enemy loses troops (split damage piles up) where as new legendary troop gets weaker as enemy troops die.

No it doesn’t. It’s not AoE damage, so each cast still just hits once and hits hard.

It does get weaker as your own troops die… but if that happens much at our stage of the game you are either experimenting for variety’s sake or doing something wrong…

EDIT: and I’ve never been much swayed by the ‘split damage gets stronger as enemies die’ argument… it’s of very little value if your damage you are splitting is so superficial that the enemies aren’t dying… My IK deals 34 split damage. That’s 8 per enemy for most of the game…

5 Likes