(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

King Mikhail sounds like a monster. Magic + 11 is going to be painful. If it doesn’t change then I’m definitely spending a ton of resources to get it to mythic.

More like 10-12 weeks away actually. Urskaya is scheduled for release in July.
So plenty can change between now and then.,

1 Like

Another Mikhail concern- A row explosion is 24 gems, for a max of 16.8 various colors mana gained. It could also be targeted to make vertical matches, and adds 3 rows to the top which can contain matches in themselves. This alone isn’t much, but combined with the fact that he’s a heavy hitter- he’s got some serious utility. Much like dragon soul before him, letting him fire once jumpstarts a mana battery for him and the rest of his team.

Sylvanimora, Dragon Soul, and Khorvash now have a fourth for Bridge.

2 Likes

Nonsense.

Whilst I agree that ‘OP’ is sometimes a little subjective, and influenced by what we are on the receiving end of from AI defences… mostly ‘OP’ should yield to simple objective comparison of the actual numbers and functionality involved. If something is mathematically just stronger than anything else currently available, then it is ‘OP’.

OP is not the same as broken: Krystenax is clearly overpowered in any simple mathematical comparison to any AoE troop - but it’s not broken and doesn’t ruin the game.

To your statement: rubbish. Skill in using a troop doesn’t determine if it’s overpowered. And in any case:

• far less than half the game’s troops are really viable in the late game, let alone overpowered, whatever your skill, and
  • pedantically, by definition half the population can’t be ‘overpowered’, as ‘overpowered’ should mean ‘significantly above normal/average power levels’ - so if half the troops are that strong, they are forming the average, not way above it

End of rant. Maybe I had a stressful day too :tired_face:

6 Likes

Maybe half are overpowered, half are underpowered, and then the remaining half is the average. YAY MATH! :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Looks like you gave 110% effort on that analysis. Well done!

6 Likes

Ok,
Without using math. I’ll give you a Kingdom… a small one… say Blackhawk. Please list the half that are OP.

2 Likes

There are troops that are OP in EVERY situation.

Your example of Bunni Nog just isn’t relevant. Sure there are specific counters (Humility in your example) for individual setups but they simply are not the same as troops that are truly OP (Famine, Krystenax).

Those truly OP troops aren’t numerous - there’s only a couple dozen at MOST - and that’s why they appear so often in PVP.

2 Likes

So by your own admission, Blackhawk has one OP troop. That’s not half.

2 Likes

Relax and take a deep breath, Don. It’s all good. I hope you get your stuff all sorted out. For my part, I don’t take any offense and didn’t intend any.

3 Likes

I hope life takes a turn for the better for you real soon. Keep your head up.

6 Likes

Apologies @DonBoba and I too hope things get better.

Didn’t mean to sound so harsh. What I’m getting at is the use of the term ‘OP’ which most people would take to mean ‘better everything else’, whereas you’re using it to mean ‘strong in certain situations’.

1 Like

Hey everyone, please remember that these are the preliminary numbers that have been dug up. The troops in Urskaya haven’t been balanced yet, so this is most likely not the final result you will see in game.

5 Likes

Yeah we know that… but a little alarmist whingeing must help make sure your colleagues do pay attention to the balancing that’s needed :smiley:

1 Like

I think we need a new term for what you mean: situational OP
Like mercy can be amazing, or useless.
Also mimic isn’t useless. It can devour 100% as one of it’s options. Lost once to a team because of mimic.

A term for things that aren’t totally overpowered, but also aren’t so weak as to be useless? I think there are already terms for that, like normal or average. Rock is not “situationally OP” simply because you decided to arbitrarily ignore paper and only compare it to scissors. There is a set of 3, and all 3 are average, even though they will win 100% of the time in a specific match-up/situation.

7 Likes

This new term sounds like fun to use, and it can become a new meme. I can load up a Team of Dwarven Miners and they are now situationally OP against a Defender with 1 troop that forgot to Level, Trait, and Ascend it ;);):wink:

Your Situational OP, Your Situational OP, EVERYONE is Situational OP! -Oprah

1 Like

18 Likes

Thanks for the laughs guys. I think you’re all situationally OP people. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes