(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

That’s the only way I can translate “ignore enemy Traits”. I mean, it’s all datamined and pre-release so who knows either way - but the way it sounds to me, sounds like a really bad idea.

Thank you for voicing my thoughts perfectly.

Couldn’t agree more.

I am not happy with this Enraged status effect that is going to chew through my front tank. How exactly are you supposed to counter this other than killing the enraged troop before he can cast or gain the effect?

2 Likes

You Stun him, to disable his Enrage, to protect your Thick Head, so you can’t be Stunned, so that your trait works!

*circus music*

:stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Oh yeah how could I have forgotten! Lol

I don’t think this needs a specific counter, though i’d say cheap attack reducers kind of already are. Double skull damage once after the cast, double of nothing is still nothing.
There is tons of effects in the game that increase troops attacks many times over permanently. I don’t see a temporary attack increase as a danger. There are also a lot of ways to disable displace or instantly kill trait-driven frontline tanks in the game already, i don’t see Enraged as more of a threat than those, but time will tell i guess.

I think thats what dispel is designed for. and soon they’ll introduce a new trait that brings immunity to dispel.

1 Like

I’m guessing enraged only applies to Skull damage, but…

Would an enraged Wraith be able a death mark or freeze an impenetrable troop?
Would an enraged troop be frozen when hitting Bone Dragon?
Would an enraged Mab be able to mana burn an immune troop?
Would an enraged troop prevent The Dragon Soul from coming back to life?

1 Like

Mab isn’t mana burning people on her attacks. She mana burns them on her ability cast.

1 Like

Aye, but does the “ignore enemy Traits” apply only to skull hits, or is it universal until you attack? That was why I added it. If it is skull hit only then enrage on any but top troop is useless, so the Corrupted Urska enrages random ally is pretty pointless.

Since the enraged effect gets resolved on attack, my guess it only counts for attacks aswell.
Anyways i don’t think Corrupted Urska is pointless, the enrage effect lasts until the troop attacks, so whoever it falls on will have that effect still in case the troops before it get destroyed. Also chances to enrage the first troop with its spell are pretty high depending on how many purple gems you can destroy(in my experience 2-3 gems is a given) up to 100% if you get 4 purple gems in the explosion.

1 Like

Well that’s clearly over-powered as drafted. Damage two enemies and silence them and summon an Epic? For 14 mana? On an Epic troop. Sorry, that’s ridiculous power-creep.

And noting that the troop it summons gets bonus damage to silenced enemies… well the synergy would be cool I guess. But that summon spell is over-the-top. Nuts.

Leader means +3 Magic too. He enrages trivially as he charges, then the spell hits for Magic+11 AoE damage? That’s gonna be how much? Over-powered as hell… for 16 mana…

I hope those ones get toned down a little to be somewhere near the numbers of other troops. Krystenax might match that AoE, but nothing else comes close at the cost. And Nax should be toned down, not the new line of what is sensible.

4 Likes

I am not sure how I feel about this…

The wording of “ATTACK” dmg is confusing. Do they actually mean SKULL dmg? Or ANY dmg done while “attacking”?

If it is SKULL dmg then I don’t think this is a problem. Its annoying, its “going down the rabbit hole” as was mentioned above, but its a single shot and then its over, though paired with a well placed KoS, or lucky BD cast and it could be devastating.

If however it is ANY dmg then it can be entirely OP, even if it’s just a one time cast… (I personally, do not believe that it will be this.)

Kinda disagree a bit here, it is basically a Satyr musician + a summon for 2 extra mana. Sure sounds efficient but not alarming at all, utilizing the summon as allways comes with a bit of opportunity cost, so i don’t think this will be dangerous, as efficient as it may be.

Fully agree here, with how trivial becoming enraged for this troop is, basically making it a given the bonus for it is too high. And a row explosion on top of that? wtf…Needs tuning.

There is attack damage and ability/magic damage.
It applies on skull hits.

1 Like

Satyr Musician damages two enemies and silences them, while being an Ultra Rare and only costing 12. I think the addition of a summon for 2 mana is not that overpowered, surely when summoning is not always possible, so rest of the time it’s just (almost) the same spell with an increased cost.

4 Likes

And not like its summoning anything worthwile.

What I expected. :wink:

If there is really a concern about it being OP, then I think a fair compromise would be to say that the enraged troop inflicts dbl dmg on the opponent and deals his Attack to himself. Sort of the all out, no concern for the consequences charge.

Maybe? :thinking:

I actually feel Satyr musician is a bit strong for a UR, should at least cost more… but anyway…

A summon effect is worth more than 2 mana, especially when it’s summoning an Epic troop that will have pretty solid stats. When summons first appeared, they cost some 10+ mana in spells that didn’t do much else. The old ones might be a bit weak, but summoning a full strength troop into battle shouldn’t be an under-costed side effect on an already strong spell.

(note that this complaint applies to Nax as well, who has better damage numbers and gets a summon on top of any other AoE troops)

I like the designs but agree with the balance queries… those numbers don’t seem quite right…

Well, we are a good 6-7 weeks away, so things are likely to fluctuate quite a bit