(!) Spoiler Alert (!) -- [Any Details Provided are Subject to Change] (Part 1)

Pretty big change for the upcoming faction that would be easy to overlook

[Fell Dragon Egg]
Spell Description: Disease a random Enemy. Transform into a Fell Roost Troop.

changed to

Spell Description: Disease a random Enemy. Summon a Fell Roost Troop.

Now there’s a somewhat reliable comeback mechanic at the cost of the enemy AI having the same thing…

I still think 500 Nocturnia is the biggest issue, but if FDE resummons another Nocturnia, it might be GG on the run.

3 Likes

That’s a very good change actually. Unless it works differently now, summons are always much weaker than transforms in delves for the opponents. True damage in delves is a problem though. Even with the change, I still think Fell Roost is a difficult delve to faction complete with no potions.

I thought summons now entered at full strength. It’s one of the reasons my Stonesong Eyrie is still sitting at 2300 renown—because I can’t compete against an endless stream of level 250 or 500 opponents that summon more copies of themselves.

Its a weird combination of both that has no bloody consistency.

Mirrored Halls has those wussy Copycats, but something like Primal Rift is normal strength if I remember correctly. or Silver Necropolis. (edit: I might be wrong on Primal Rift/Silver Necropolis. bad examples)

Could just be a if it summons itself, then it comes in weaker? I have no idea.

2 Likes

I don’t think Primal Rift summons are full strength. Been a while but I remember being able to destroy the summoned Treants and Golem rather easily (when I wasn’t entangled). I wouldn’t have won that 500 delve without potions otherwise.

Silver Necropolis, no idea. It’s my farming delve so couldn’t test it anyway. Stonesong Eyrie summons are based on traits. I think there is a difference if the summons come from a trait or from an ability.

1 Like

@Grundulum (/@ others) There was a comment recently(-ish) from Kafka about traits and spells status effects (oops…) behaving differently…

I think that might have something to do with it :confused:. Idk, tbh.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to shed some light on this. I am still just as confused. I don’t want to add to the to-do list as the devs work to get 5.0 out the door (a fix is unlikely to make it in at this point even if it is a bug), but I also want to get some clarification on what is intended behavior and what isn’t.

1 Like

It would potentially be nice to have Web as a counterplay to trait summons, though! Bandits, Orbweaver (Bless would obviously still be an issue), Dragon Eggs, etc.

I think you’re right, not Primal Rift. I’m not really keen on spending time to check, which sounds kinda bad.

didn’t bring it up before since I thought it was trivial, but maybe it isn’t

Basilisk

Spell Description: Deal [Magic + 2] true damage to an Enemy. If the Enemy is Poisoned, deal double damage. Then deal [Magic + 2] true damage again. If they are Stunned, deal double damage.

to

Spell Description: Deal [Magic + 1] true damage to an Enemy. If the Enemy is Poisoned, deal double damage. Then deal [Magic + 1] true damage again. If they are Stunned, deal double damage.

Spell Cost: 16 → Spell Cost: 17
Magic: 7 → Magic: 5

The damage loss I can live with, though its pretty hefty. The 1 extra mana cost kinda kills it for me.

I don’t think the 1 mana increase is that significant. However, my concern is the “if poisoned, deal double damage” … at 50 magic… that is 102 true damage. In normal content; nothing will survive this. Then strike again for up to another 102 true damage. Would be a ton better, for most content, if the second hit went to another, random, target.

Not sure this troop, while the true damage is staggering, has a lot of use scenarios.

We’re really not at the point of having 50 magic though unless you’re running dedicated kingdom teams. Even if we did reach 50 magic, chances are we’ll have more life to compensate for that anyways

I get +23 magic before medals, Basilisk would have 6 damage (5 base+1), and my troops not put into a team has around 90-100+ life.

At that point, there’s a lot of other troops with gimmicky chances of one shot kills or a player could just use Scorpius or Zuul’Goth.

There’s even Megavore that doesn’t see that much play that strips ALL armor from ALL enemies AND has 2 * Magic AND a high base damage and that still doesn’t see much play or fanfare.

I don’t think this troop is as amazing as people make it appear and any tuning downwards will make it even less viable.

2 Likes

Based on rarity, it’s probably an unrelated troop, like Fist of Zorn to Shade of Zorn.

Megavore can’t reliably one-shot in PvP, and it costs 24. Scorpius is better in most cases, but Basilisk can boost off Stun or Poison, meaning that unless the opponent has Fortitude or Impervious, you can likely apply one or the other to get probably close to one shotting. Plus, you can target, which Scorpius can’t, and again it costs less.

Not saying it’s OP but it’ll be fun to mess with.

[SOULFORGE_FORGE_CONFIRMATION_SPECIFIC_TROOP] - This recipie will consume a troop!

I like this, especially the word “specific” .

2 Likes

part of me wishes you could break down a troop for medals of the same rarity…

6 Likes

That’d be cool, but I can’t see that happening. Any troop you had seven or more copies of could immediately be gold-medalled (souls permitting). Heck, I have 14 Krystenaxes somehow, which would be enough to gold two legendary troops if the exchange rate were 1-1. And my thousands upon thousands of lower-rarity troops would mean an insta-gold for pretty much anything that doesn’t come out of a VIP chest—and quite a few troops that do.

Tokens are more realistic.
But people will bitch because they disenchanted extra copies of over 4.

4 Likes

You’d still have to pay the soul cost to medal troops and probably a soul cost to dismantle a troop? It’ll be super pricey

if it was a thing

Are tokens more realistic though? Would I want to break down 9 legendaries/9 mythics for 1 medal? Does it do anyone any good at that point?

and yeah… they probably would. I always thought dismantling for the souls they offered was pointless.

I have 7 Wulfgarok. I would trade 6 of them with no problems. Same for other mythics that I have at 4/5 copies

2 Likes

I’d make that trade, especially if I could pick the bones for a little extra pet food. Unless you think there may someday be a rarity higher than Mythic…

Why should I keep 3 copies of Vash around if the troop is still glitched after all this time? Better of chucking him into the smelting pit, along with Mab.