Gnome resurrection

Why did you start to dislike Khorvash? Bc I assume it was about him. If anything we know now that Ishbala had to be the one behind all the riots. Power-crazy, rotten priestess with beautifull facade. She was probably the one that hired Amira. For the gods sake, she appeared the same week as some mafia thugs :joy: . The title of the consort changes nothing, it’s probably customary that high priestess becomes also an emperors consort :wink: . They have no children she’s probably not even interested in Khorvash, only becoming the actual ruler :smirk:

3 Likes

Gnome spawn rate is ridiculously low! Make it spawn more often and lower the rewards. Hell don’t give gems for defeating it just give gold and vault keys. It seems you have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a gnome.

4 Likes

If they spawn more often and with lower rewards, then they’re not special punctuating occurrences anymore. I’m happy for them to be rare with large rewards.

The real problem is that the screw-up with the initial spawn rate has already set peoples’ expectations - it’s actually a strong cognitive bias called “anchoring” - so now the devs have painted themselves into a corner. The only reasonable solution that I can see is to slightly increase their spawn rate, still keeping it at the same order of magnitude, and announce that it’s “been increased” in response to feedback…then just wait out the storm for as long as it takes people to forget about the “bugged” initial rate (which will be a long time, since the internet never forgets, but you can’t do anything about that).

Personally? The real concern for me is that the “bugged” rate reeks of “oh crap, we left the ‘artificially increased for testing purposes’ rate from Internal Test Build when we pushed it to Live”. If that’s the case, then it’s a big, huge log added to my “The Devs’ Production Pipeline Is A Mess” fire, which has serious long-term implications.

2 Likes

FINALLY

6 Likes

found 3 gnomes in khetar,2 in row !!! lol
my statistic last 1.30 hours is 1 gnome every 50-60 explore

1 Like

I’m simply stunned at the number of people that are surprised at this issue. It’s as if no one has been playing this game longer than a week. All things considered based on past update problems this Gnome issue is awful PR, but very minor.

Point Number 3 from the 3.3 Preview. “Not to their credit: There is no way they have a proper test environment, and I don’t know if they will ever build one.”

1 Like

At this rate reward should be

20 gem keys
20 event keys
100 gems
10 000 souls
1 vault key

Yeah play 250 explore to see 2000 souls is so exciting

2 Likes

You want to make it super rare but at least make me feel like i won the jackpot when i see one

3 Likes

Man, imagine is that missed it and are now a couple of orbs behind the power curve.
Let’s face it, now it’s just a rare novelty.

Imagine facing a gnome when testing a silly new team…

I’ll be scared to play anything but meta decks now

1 Like

So far, post Nerf, I have done over 300 Explore battles (Ive been counting on a Calculator) and no Gnome.

If this is the norm, I’m going to be pissed, especially, due to the Gnome’s rewards. Pre Nerf, one gave me 500 souls and another 10,000 gold. 500 souls, I can easily get in a battle or two with a Soul Farming team. 10,000 gold may seem like a lot, but if I’m doing hundreds of battles in Explore to find one Gnome, him giving me 10,000 gold isn’t much as I’ve already made a lot more in just trying to find him.

Oh, and let’s not even get started on the possibility that if, after hundreds of battles, I find him and he runs away. Lets just say, if that happens, there will be a nice Controller Size hole in my wall.

10 Likes

I began doing explore immediatly after the patch came out,and i only got 1 Gnome out of 300+ explore.I done 223 explore today atm,and still only 1 total gnome.The rewards were not that big to make them almost non existant,not to mention that this game has the worst gacha system by far with Mythics being insanely rare,so how am i supposed to catch up is beyond me.And yeah i was a member of Intrim before the age of BlacRhino,that was years ago,before base mythics even existed,i took a break,came back,saw that nothing changed and the only new thing(GW)was just a worse pvp for the people,that already has everything.Came back 2 weeks before 3.3 to prepare,but now i doubt the raids and invasions will be any different in terms of reward than GW(The very top,that still has like 20k gems,and every troop gets everything,lower bracket rewards are horrible.)Sorry for being such a negativ asshole,but i cant help it.

4 Likes

@Orochi2018 you not the only one upset. The drop rate was okay they only
Needed to nerf the rewards. Now you can play an entire week without getting any vault key, this is ridiculous

Edit: 3h no gnome this is so fun!!!

4 Likes

And the worse thing is…

It’s all aggravating the issue, Alpheon said they will monitor the spawn rate and possibly make adjustments…

Sirrian talked in the past about the “Carrot and the Stick”, but right now it looks more like the “Fox and Grapes” fable…

What’s next? Complaining about the gnome spawn rate will become a Bannable Offense? :expressionless:

6 Likes

I play alot and can’t find any gnome, i can’t imagine how the people who can only play 1h every day will feel, poor them they really got it deep in the a** without lube

4 Likes

You’re not, unless you spend real money to do things like: get diamonds, buy gems and open up a bunch of chest, buy things like Path of Glory 2 that include a random Mythic at the end, etc.

You’re not supposed to “catch up”, at least not without real money or a crap ton of luck. The never ending quest for new cards (including Mythics) is what’s supposed to be “fun” about this game, at least part of it.

And, it is fun, to a point. I enjoy getting new cards, but some of them can get insane to get. I’m tired of throwing all my resources down a black hole once a month, because a new Mythic came about and it takes me almost everything I have to get it, and sometimes I still don’t. At that point, it’s more frustrating than fun.

Personally, I couldn’t care less if everyone had all the Mythics. Its not like they come fully traited and leveled out of the box, you still have to work to build them up. Even if you already have all the resources to trait it as soon as you get it, you still had to do the work at some point. Plus, even if you have all the Mythics, you still have to know how to use them in teams and such.

Honestly, I don’t think Mythics being a little easier to get would be such a bad thing. If they were easier to get, it would give the lower level players a fighting chance, because the end players are going to get them regardless, because they hoard resources like crazy (myself included). The lower levels can’t do that because they’re to busy trying to get Goblin and Lance Knight to Mythic, because that’s half their cards (I’m exaggerating, but you get my point).

I feel your pain, man. And honestly, had I not gotten one Pre-Nerf, I would think they forgot to put them in the game. The only reason we have proof they’re still there is because other people take screen shots and post them (Thank you to those that do, by the way).

3 Likes

If only they could have something randomly introduced in battles with a chance for better rewards and maybe… i don’t know… a key for a fabulous new gamemode with even more rewards… Something rare, but not nearly impossible to find… What could it be?

7 Likes

That sounds like a fabulous idea. I can’t wait for the devs to introduce something like that. It sounds amazing

Lol.

5 Likes

Please bring our gnomes back! I promise I’ll be a good colt!

2 Likes

5 Likes

I like the “more Gnomes, smaller rewards” idea. Personally, I could give fack all about the massive rewards, they were just fun to have. It made things exciting. It was like: “Oh, my God, a Gnome! I’m going to get it! …Oh, look, some gold, neat. Oh, look, another one! Sweet! …Oh, cool, some souls.”

The point I’m trying to make here is I was more excited by seeing the Gnome than the reward itself, really. Kind of like the Moa event thing. It was different, an element of surprise. It was fun.

That was before. Now? With them spawning so infrequently? I’m more frustrated than happy about seeing one. Its been over 300 battles since I’ve seen one. At this point, I’m just indifferent about seeing one again. If I do see it though, and it runs, I’m going to be pissed

9 Likes