Returning to Bracket 1 - Case example: Power Gems/ Light Army (PC/Mobile)

That will only work for bracket 1. I don’t think you can see anything more than your guild scores beyond that. This is one time we were in bracket 1 during this thread.

Now you can see the scores on @Taransworld’s website.

3 Likes

What’s the easiest way to take down a contender in GW? Find a high trophy count member on their team and try to get them banned for cheating. Support won’t even respond for 5-7 Days so it’ll be too late if you’re cleared of wrongdoing. I don’t know if that was the intention, but we had to go half the week without our paragon.

The easiest way to defend against this is to play arena, so your trophy count isn’t available.

Looks like TUF:Power Gems is headed back to bracket 1 in spite of this obstacle.

1 Like

Was your Paragon ultimately cleared of wrong doing?

I noticed you lost a lot of trophies in the last report, did you get them back?

Like mentioned above it happened mid week so we should hear back in the next few days. Until then we’re holding legendaries.

The ironic part is he practically lives on our discord and plays so much that and has done so for so long that he’s a bit burnt out. We’ve had to talk him out of retirement a few times lately. It was going to be his last big week and then this happened.

@Saluki what does Intrim do about the burnout issue? You guys are smart for doing arena. I wish I enjoyed that mode.

I would put most of it on our social network on LINE. Between all 6 guilds we have more than 150 people from all over the world in the Intrim family in our group there. Really helps to have people to talk to literally 24 hours a day.

The feeling of community and friendship binds us together more than the game itself and really helps us to want to keep pushing together to achieve our goals, from the new players in Intrim V and VI to the end gamers in Intrim I and II.

4 Likes

I guess that part is the same 120 people in active guilds another 30 in our vacation guild. Even while he’s been in limbo waiting for a response our paragon still been hang with us on discord. I’m usually on there a lot too, but I’m busy getting the finishing touches done on my novel.

You guys are more hardcore than we are in TUF, but beyond that, it sounds like we have a number of things in common. Congrats on your continued success.

2 Likes

There’s that great moment in the week where you’re beating every team you’ve faced for the week. Then the weekend only people come and things turn around.

Going to savor the moment while it lasts, until the alarm clocks go off tomorrow.

TUF:Power Gems at home in bracket 1.

1 Like

We might just be able to sneak past you on yellow day.

Fingers crossed.

Yep getting close. How many fights does anonymous have @Draprion? If we did win, it would be our first win against Intrim/Anonymous. We scored high enough on yellow day that even a loss can’t be by that much.

Intrim is the only guild to outscore TUF:Power Gems so far for the week. I hope we’re in the top 5 this week, but we usually drop to 7-8 in the final day.

Palladium still has 15 fights and we only have 1. So we’ll win against them but they’ll zip above us later today in the overall ranking.

Anyone else care to share their bracket 1 match up screenshots?

2 Likes

Just checked, we are at 270k now against you guys with 1 player to go.

1 Like

I guess we got the 50 seals as a consolation price at least. :slight_smile:

It’s been a good effort by everyone.

GW seems to be getting harder but people have been coping well.

2 Likes

I used to be one of those that hated GW. I start liking it and decide to help forge a new GW focused guild and that’s when we start going GW every three weeks. It’s been tight. There’s like 15K spread across the top 5 teams right now.

Look at how tight those margins are all around.

It’s weird TUF:Power Gems biggest margin of victory is against Palladium (even if they score max on their last 5 fights) and they’re #1 right now and about to go higher when they finish.

The weekly score is not reliable until the very end. It does not indicate how many battles each guild has played and has left. It would be interesting to have those data so that guilds could have a better idea of where they really stand.

2 Likes

Whenever I see this thread pop up I’m confused. Is this a Recruiting thread or an open discussion one?
I’ll save my thoughts to depend on your answer…:grinning:

I haven’t done recruitment for Power Gems in quite some time. I quit the TUF admin team so I’d have more time to focus on my writing, but honestly I’m not sure I’ll make much progress on my next novel until I quit this game. :frowning:

Well it was the story of returning to Bracket 1. Power Gems did it and we’ve gone back and forth. Light Army was in bracket 2, so I’m sure we’ll see them shepherded into B1 by the uber guild Anonymous. So I guess we’re really biding time until Light Army gets to B1 too. Then maybe we should close the thread.

However, I’m open to a discussion on scoring and if multiple B1 guilds were sharing their perspective it would have been cool. In the end the lowest scoring team is the one that beat Power Gems by the largest margin and did it on the last day. It should really be more @Aelthwyn call at this point on the thread, but you raise an interesting question @awryan.

I’d like everyone’s roster and results to be open. In that way the whole community can follow it and cheer for their respective favorites.

4 Likes

We’ve jumped into B1 quite a few times and then been bounced right out. The last 4 months we’ve actually stayed in bracket 1. Once you stay in bracket 1, it’s easier to do again.

We were 8th, 8th, 7th, then 4th. Getting 4th place feels like a great achievement that I still can barely believe happened. There are so many great players over the years that have helped make Power Gems the success they are today. We also have gotten some great help in the Black Dragon Community as well.

The devs are also deserving of thanks. Some old timers might remember that Power Gems was locked out of admin control when the GM went inactive. If the devs had not given us guild control back eventually, none of this would be possible.

I’m not going to thank individual players because it’s too easy to miss people and hurt feelings.

It doesn’t get much better than this.

7 Likes

Congratulations on your resurgence. Your path and results this year have mirrored what Black Dragon had done last year and this (bouncing between B2 and B1 before finally breaking through and not only staying in B1 but now repeatedly winning it outright.)

Good luck with your continued success and growth.

2 Likes