[FIXED] Reduced image quality for gems in 5.5

Platform, device version and operating system:
PC/Steam and Android.

Screenshot or image:

Graphic quality in settings is set to maximum in both cases.

What you were expecting to happen, and what actually happened:
I was expecting that images for regular gems will be of the same quality as years before 5.5. But after 5.5 image quality dropped.

How often does this happen? When did it begin happening?
Every battle in every game mode.

Steps to make it happen again
Start any battle.

I assume when Heroic Gems were added to the graphic file, that file by mistake was saved in lower resolution or something like that. Please, return back high image quality for gems, we look at these gems in every battle and my eyes are hurting when I look at them after 5.5.

5 Likes

I sincerely hope this is a mistake on their part and not done intentionally, by design.

I also noticed a downgraded quality when viewing the Campaign task(s) icons.

I can also mention The Defeat and Victory banner, and other icons when viewing chests, etc.
Most of them need a visual upgrade in terms of quality to match the rest of the gameplay elements, including the tutorial section and the guild section as well.

@Neritar I suppose you have the Mythic setting turned on, and not the Ultra one on a PC?

1 Like

Same issue for me on Xbox.

1 Like

Yes, of course, I have Graphics Quality set to Mythic (I wrote that in OP).

1 Like

@Saltypatra @Kafka I don’t like to ping people, but this bug report was ignored during 2 rounds of reporting bugs.
We look at these gems at every battle! It’s painful to look at them now.
It is one of the few things that are visible during the tutorial. Do you want new players to look at these ugly gems?

3 Likes

The issue is fixed now, after the 5.5.1 patch. Thanks!

3 Likes

Not ignored, just we missed changing the thread title, sorry about that

3 Likes