There’s been a lot of controversy this week regarding cheating accusations and player reports, so I think it’s high time we shed some light on how we treat these concerns.
- It is company policy that we do not comment on player investigations. We do not do so when they are opened, when they are active, or when they are resolved. In the past we have, but for some time now, and moving forward, we will not comment on players accused of cheating. We do this so as not to cause even more issues amongst the community, or create any witch hunts where they are unnecessary. If a player hasn’t been banned, this means we did not find them cheating.
- We take every player report seriously and investigate them accordingly. This is all done internally. Unfortunately, we cannot shed light on what we do to investigate players, as it will make it easier for cheaters to work around our methods and exploit the game further. Please rest assured that we go to great lengths to investigate players and have several different processes in order to do so. We have also implemented more ways to catch players recently, and as a result have been banning more hackers than ever before. You don’t hear about this as it goes against our policy to post the names of the players we have banned.
- As we cannot divulge the methods we use to find cheaters, this also means that players don’t know what to report in order to prove that another player is cheating. That is fine, as I mentioned earlier, we use several processes to find out if a player is cheating. All the evidence that we get sent in player reports cannot be used by our team. The best course of action is to report the player and then let us take it from there.
- In the Community Guidelines it is stated that we do not accept call outs. I have been a bit lax enforcing this rule as some of the people doing it are long term players, but in future I will be more strict.
- Please make sure to report the players to us via PM or in a support ticket. Do not mention players you think to be cheating in forum posts, on Discord, in global chat, or go after them personally.
I know that this is not what a lot of you want to hear, and I understand that you are frustrated. However, this is our policy on player reports and cheating concerns. If a player hasn’t been banned, they have not been found cheating.
(Before anyone asks, we are still investigating defense wins and losses.)